Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Do I need a profile overhaul?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 altotom
Msg: 1
Do I need a profile overhaul?Page 1 of 1    
I have been using POF for a few months now. I have sent my fair share of messages and I understand I will not get a response from every girl. But I would like to know if my profile plays a major role in why I dont hear from any girls.

Thank you in advance.
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do I need a profile overhaul?
Posted: 12/23/2013 2:42:42 PM

But I would like to know if my profile plays a major role in why I dont hear from any girls.

Yes it does.
 altotom
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/23/2013 3:01:21 PM
Well that respose was helpful. Allow me to rephrase, how do I improve my profile?
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/23/2013 3:05:46 PM
All your sentences start with I.

Add something about the type of woman/relationship you seek.

It's great that family, friends and God are important to you. But women on this site are none of those things. That sentence gives off the impression you don't really have space in your life for a relationship.

Working, not workin.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/23/2013 3:09:12 PM
First, are you aware that many if not most women are afraid of guns and think that shooting venison is the same as killing innocent Bambi's out there?
Next, you list a bunch of music stuff, but you don't give any details, and that's what women want a lot of : details. Do you play , jazz, country, folk music? Who are some of your favorite musicians? What are some favorite pieces?
Same about your work, sports, and cars. GIVE US DETAILS !!!
Women are very curious and want to know lots of things about you, but you only offer the most basic words. You are leaving a lot of blanks not filled in, do you understand what I mean?
 tatersprout
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/23/2013 4:08:51 PM
Your interest list should include things a woman can do with you.
As it stands, you profile is geared towards finding an activity buddy (an outdoorsy guy). You like cars, 4 wheeling, hunting, and sports.
What else do you like to do?
You have guitar, piano, sax in your interests but don't mention if you play them or admire them.
What is your personality?
What type of woman do you hope to meet?
 You go first
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/23/2013 5:08:15 PM
The main photo you have now is really cute, but too far away to be effective on a cellphone app. Can you crop it closer?

I personally enjoyed shooting and there are probably many women in your area that do, too. The bigger deal is can you cook what you bring home?

What are you taking your degree in?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Do I need a profile overhaul?