Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review Please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 2
Profile Review PleasePage 1 of 1    
Rem - Women click on your profile because you are a good looking man, but as soon as they read the first line in your profile they click off.
Really? You want to conquer the world? How is that working out for you?
If you want to get dates on POF you need to re-write your words to be nice and friendly, not a Genghis Khan wannabe. Most of your phrases seem like a want list, and that is not the correct way to stimulate interest with women.
 Dobermonster
Msg: 6
Profile Review Please
Posted: 12/24/2013 5:07:58 AM
I like what you've written, the only thing that rubs me the wrong way is how much you talk about the stereotypes of those nationalities. Maybe I'm just being sensitive, some of it just seems too negative to put in there.
Profile Review Please
Posted: 12/24/2013 1:16:43 PM
Pic # 2 is not flattering since I HAVE to find something wrong.
Puts about 10 pounds on you in the middle and the eyes are red from the flash.

I can't find anything that would run off a gal with 20/20 vision, a sense of humor and a pulse.
Seriously.

It's not your pics or profile.
It's nature.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 8
Profile Review Please
Posted: 12/24/2013 5:23:58 PM
I agree with both of the above. As much as we try, Rem, we can't help but like you:)
Your #2 photo seems odd, like maybe you just ate a bunch of my mother's potato pancakes and you swelled up immediately. Also, what's up with the weird cropping? It seems like you were caught working out with a pair of dumbbells ! Not good . Get rid of that pic.
Re the nationality thing, why not just say you are of Mediterranean heritage, and let it go at that?
There are actually plenty of women with a pulse, even on POF. A guy like you might make that pulse speed up a few clicks. Give it time, be nice, and have fun with it !
 sandytm
Msg: 10
Profile Review Please
Posted: 12/26/2013 9:54:12 AM
If an interest is shisha/hookah, wouldn't that make you a smoker?
 You go first
Msg: 11
Profile Review Please
Posted: 12/26/2013 10:19:08 AM
Interesting profile.

With all that travel, surely you have more photos you can add.

I agree on the shisha/smoking issue. If it's something you do, correct the answer to the Smoking question.

I'm also torn on the backhanded racial profiling, even done in humour. It does feel uncomfortable and I'd probably be offended if I had any Egyptian heritage. (My Italian heritage couldn't figure out which part you were using to be insulting so I'm going to let that slide) I just get the sense you'd be using that same "humour" against your potential partner.

As you plan on travelling to a new country/city each year, are you intending to pay the whole shot?
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 12
Profile Review Please
Posted: 12/26/2013 10:49:26 AM
Heres an idea re : your nationalty mix.
You could say, think Omar Sharif/Marcello Mastroianni , to add some imagery to the concept .
2 very handsome, famous and iconic actors who represented the ideals of their respective countries.
I think your bear some resemblance to Omar, btw. Not a bad thing, either. Ask any woman :)
 tatersprout
Msg: 14
Profile Review Please
Posted: 12/27/2013 12:24:20 PM
Partaking in Hookah doesn't make you a smoker unless you do it very frequently, which you do not.

I had to google Omar Sharif and Marcello Mastroianni. Had no idea who they were. I doubt anyone in rem_88's age group will either.

Profile looks good now.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 15
Profile Review Please
Posted: 12/27/2013 12:47:25 PM
"I had to google Omar Sharif and Marcello Mastroianni. Had no idea who they were."
If you were born of Egyptian and Italian heritage you might have a stronger interest in the most famous actors of those countries, but I take it as a compliment that you learned something new today.
I believe that our OP, Rem, is the kind of man that will stimulate his female friends into expanding their scope of the world as well, due to his personal makeup and unique personality.
 You go first
Msg: 16
Profile Review Please
Posted: 12/27/2013 1:42:44 PM
Why not leave a reference in there to Egypt and Italy?? Those are specific details that help set you apart.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review Please