Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Does this site even work?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RANZ1989
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Does this site even work?Page 1 of 1    
I don't even know why I am still on here. I try to be nice and show people respect on here, but whenever I message someone here, they won't even give me the time of day.

I especially love *I am being sarcastic* how people judge me before properly getting to know me on here. A lot of women won't give me the time of day just because I am black. (I am actually a mixture of races).

Thoughts?
 Smthn_Like_Olivia
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Does this site even work?
Posted: 1/4/2014 8:25:10 PM
Look...online dating is not easy, but it can be especially harder for men because of the male to female ratio.

Can it work? Yes. I was online dating for about 8 months and had thrown in the towel. I was on this site and another. I shut the other profile down, and the one I had here was being used for the forums only. Then one day I got bored and decided to browse profiles. Stumbled on him by accident. He is now the most absolute love of my life. I still can't believe it.

You have to realize that women can get flooded with messages on here. As a result, it makes it harder to stand out. Be patient, realistic, and DON'T use this as your only dating source. Still try to get out and meet women in other venues. You may also want to try a profile review if you haven't already. Good Luck!!
 RANZ1989
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2014 7:12:37 PM
I am on this site and and have not had much success on either.
 NonamousDog
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/15/2015 12:54:53 PM
Works just fine for Markus Fink. He'll be laughing all the way to the bank no matter whether you ever meet anyone on POF or not.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/11/2015 6:19:32 PM

The site works. If I can find a date, so can you. All it takes is some patience, a well written profile and decent pictures. On your first email include something that proves you read their profile, mention something in her profile that you have in common, and ask a question or two.

Good luck.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/21/2015 3:05:01 PM

A lot of women won't give me the time of day just because I am black.

Unless a lot of women are saying to you "I won't give you the time of day because you are black", you're making a huge assumption.
 tequila157
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/29/2015 7:28:19 PM
It does for some. For others, this site is just for entertainment purposes.
 eagleinsight
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/28/2016 7:07:11 PM
i agree with you, but not all women are racious..surely there is someone out there for you you just have to be patiance.. you are a handsome guy
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/1/2016 7:49:52 PM

I especially love *I am being sarcastic* how people judge me before properly getting to know me on here. A lot of women won't give me the time of day just because I am black. (I am actually a mixture of races). -- RANZ1989

Does that mean that if you try another dating site, and another dating site, and another dating site, and you don't have success there with any of the women, it means they have not given you the time of day because you are black?

Does that mean, ipso facto, if no one gives me a chance on a dating site, or elsewhere, it must be because of my ethnicity, the fact that I am White?

The race card doesn't work anymore.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2016 3:49:57 PM
It is probably not because you are black. It's probably because you are 5' 7" which on most profiles actually means you are 5' 3".
 Nestaron
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/10/2017 6:45:48 PM
So that is the logic guy says he is 5'8 he must be 5'4 so a guy who is 5'4 is now 5'0 interesting who comes up with this theory exactly. Or is this some personal experience thing I go by inches if I clicked on the centimeters it would say I am 5'10 which in actually I am 5'10 when I get rid of kyphosis and posture is proper. But then women would only think I am 5'6 cause that is what other sites say. But then if I put in for 5'10 in centimeters I would then say I am 180 centimeters which this site says I would be 5'11 where as women would think I was 5'7 and I still cant convince them that I am actually 5'10 unless I tell them I am 6'2 cause a site cant do mathematics properly and people are just to stupid to say okay the guy is 5'8 so he is 177 cm in height and this site is fvcked because that would be too easy.

Does this make sense to anyone at all?

Whos on first?
 PBR_Gal
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/20/2017 10:42:44 PM
It's the being short thing. I met who could have been the perfect guy for me but he was 5'7" also and for someone taller then that or 6' like me we can't get past that. Be patient, some short girl will come along and be perfect for you.
 RANZ1989
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2017 5:51:14 AM
Been on here for years and have been messaging 20 women a day with no responses.

This is hopeless.
 sussex11
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/21/2018 3:40:28 PM
Mr. Ranz I would be honored if my daughter picked someone like you, however my daughter is happily married. Just keep being yourself!!! Color of skin should not matter that much.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Does this site even work?