Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review needed.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RANZ1989
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Profile review needed.Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I am a nerd seeking other nerds with similar interests.

However, I haven't had much luck on here. Women have either not replied, or have saying I am not their type.

Maybe something that I am not doing correctly? Please assist.
 irishgirl772
Msg: 2
Profile review needed.
Posted: 12/25/2013 8:28:27 PM
Youre not really allowed to post your email addresses/facebook links on your profile. Your account could get deleted for that. Otherwise, your profile is just ok..women aren't going to care so much for your list of 20 favorite bands, really.
Telling women they cannot discriminate against you? Really? Sure they can. Being mixed with different ethnicities doesn't mean you will automatically appeal to more women.
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 3
Profile review needed.
Posted: 12/25/2013 8:39:29 PM
Take out the rant. It's a terrible way to start off a profile and women might think you're some bitter guy that's going to harass them. Also take out the part about how women can't discriminate against you. Even though you're mixed, you look Black and unfortunately, there are some racist people out there that won't date you. It's crap, but you're certainly better off without them. These rants make you sound very jaded and negative and angry. What kind of woman wants to go out with an angry guy?

Also, you're 5'7". Lots of women only date tall guys. I don't understand the logic, but it's the way many women are. Much like your ethnicity, you can't change it. But realize that may be affecting why you don't receive replies.

Your age restrictions are interesting. Makes me think you're searching for a sugar mama who has more money than your average 22 year old woman. It might be better for you to filter in your inbox rather than restrict women who are slightly younger than you from contacting you.

If you remove the rant and outside links, all I learn is that you're in school and you have typical male hobbies (music, video games, etc). You need to be descriptive and specific. Simply listing your interests and your favorite bands is neither. You need to show off what you have to offer a woman, especially if you're going for the older women.
 RANZ1989
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Profile review needed.
Posted: 12/25/2013 8:49:08 PM
Will make the fixes.

I apologize if you got the wrong idea about me. I am just really tired of people judging me based on some small thing before getting to know me.

I also find it a bit weird how it is common for women to express their frustration but when a man does it, it's abnormal.

I don't mean to sound offensive at all. I am just new to all this.
 Nj2ut
Msg: 5
Profile review needed.
Posted: 12/25/2013 9:03:41 PM
There's women who won't date you because your black, there's women who will only date you because your black, and there's women who don't care either way. Focus on appealing to the last two. Write an ad that appeals to the woman you want to meet.

Just because women express their frustration on their profile doesn't mean you have to. I hit next when I see women ranting about anything. Think of it this way. If you're applying for a new job, would you send out your cover letter and resume complaining about your current job? You wouldn't because no one wants to hire a complainer. Same thing applies to dating.

Also...google nerd or geek dating sites. There's a few of them out there.
 tatersprout
Msg: 6
Profile review needed.
Posted: 12/25/2013 9:32:41 PM
Good advice above.

When not working or studying, I like anime, video games, music, movies, cars, watching sports and other interests.
Put these in your interest list.

I am looking for someone between the ages of 24-35. Ethnicity does not matter
Unnecessary filler b/c you can't think of something substantial to say. All of this is easily taken care of by screening messages if you get any. 2 years younger and 11yrs older? Why?

Repetitive in talking about music. All over the place.

Read the profile writing tips highlighted in green at top of this forum. You prob could just delete everything and start over.
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 7
Profile review needed.
Posted: 12/25/2013 9:52:54 PM

I also find it a bit weird how it is common for women to express their frustration but when a man does it, it's abnormal.

Lol, just find the threads where men complain about women who have "No drama", "no liars", "everyone here is fake", etc in their profiles. Men express their frustration here all of the time, just like women. Nothing wrong with being frustrated, but save the rants for your friends and the forums. Putting negativity in your profile is not likely to find you a date. If you met two women and one said, "I don't have time for games and all the men here are dogs" and the other said, "My name is Jackie and I like hiking", which one would you like to keep talking to?
 RANZ1989
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Profile review needed.
Posted: 12/26/2013 8:36:02 AM
Made named changes.

I looked and it said don't give out your name, phone number or address. I saw nothing about URLs.

I smile but do not reveal my teeth. Lets just say they aren't the best in the world.
 You go first
Msg: 9
Profile review needed.
Posted: 12/26/2013 10:23:42 AM
We'll make it real simple. I'll report your profile to The Mods and see if you're still here in a few days.

If you have gnarly teeth, a girl is going to notice as soon as you meet anyway. Why piss her off by wasting her time?
Are your teeth just crooked? Or rotted stumps? Crooked can be overlooked with enough personality, rotted stumps need to be dealt with immediately.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 10
Profile review needed.
Posted: 12/26/2013 10:42:05 AM
I looked and it said don't give out your name, phone number or address. I saw nothing about URLs.

8. You will not post or transmit in any manner any contact information including but not limited to email addresses, "instant messenger" nicknames or contact information, telephone numbers, postal addresses, URLs, and full names through publicly posted information on the Website and through its Services.

http://www.pof.com/terms.aspx
 forum_moderator
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Profile review needed.
Posted: 12/26/2013 10:59:29 AM

Let me make it clear for you.
Posting URLS on your profile will MOST LIKELY cause your profile to be auto deleted.
I would recommend removing them immediately.

As the user above pointed out to you - it is a violation of the user agreement to post URLS on your profile.

POF has system bots that scan profiles on a regular basis and will delete ANY and ALL profiles with urls with NO NOTICE.

So please consider this your notice.

Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then eMail CSR here. Complaints HERE
 Tom_MorganWVU
Msg: 12
Profile review needed.
Posted: 12/26/2013 11:16:23 AM
As the user above pointed out to you - it is a violation of the user agreement to post URLS on your profile.

Then why did you have to get involved? Wasn't that redundant?

Hmmm, arguing with a moderators post. Unwise.
My post was not redundant because, when it comes down to it, I am a forum moderator, and my word goes. My post was to reinforce what someone else posted as FACTUAL information (as not always all member posts are correct.)
Furthemore, my post added more information such as the bots that purge accounts.
If you have an issue with that, I suggest you report it.

Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then eMail CSR here. Complaints HERE

RANZ1989
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Profile review needed.
Posted: 12/28/2013 11:01:05 AM
Took out links and cleaned it up a bit. Added pics too
 firefly416
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Profile review needed.
Posted: 12/28/2013 3:07:22 PM
I didn't see your profile earlier but it looks good now. How about smiling in a couple photos that are not very close up shots. That way you'll look friendly or that you're having fun. And maybe consider visiting a dental school for free or cheap dental care. It would be great to take care of those problems while you are still young. Do it for yourself but it might also help with jobs, dating, etc. You are very good-looking. It would be a shame if people don't still think so when you smile.

It's not necessary to say your name since you must have checked the box that says to display your name. So right now it already says "About Randy".
 RANZ1989
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/8/2014 11:23:30 AM
I have made some changes to my account. Haven't added new pics yet but I will.

I usually try to be respectful in my messages. I try to follow the advice given by the site such as mentioning something in my profile. But so far, I haven't gotten any replies back (and no, I do not copy and paste).

It's just really frustrating. I try to show women that I intend to treat them well (and hope they will do the same back), but I often get ignored for guys that treat them like dirt.

Long story short, I feel like the broken toy no one wants.

Is there something I am not doing? Help me get my mind around this.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 16
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/8/2014 12:00:22 PM
What You_Go_First said about your teeth. All of your pics have your mouth very conspicuously closed. Women are going to assume the worst. And there's no point hiding it, they will notice on your first meet anyway.

Personality geek will not do you many favours.

Your profile is very factual and boring. It doesn't sound interesting or exciting at all.
Get rid of your age filter. What good does this achieve for you? Nothing.

First messages should be short, light and fun. Reference something in THEIR profile, not your own. Don't show you intend to treat them well in your message (wtf!).
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 17
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/8/2014 12:27:49 PM
Randy - You have to BURY the bad stuff that happened in the past otherwise online dating will not work for you. Are you very clear on that? Some new woman is NOT responsible for something that occurred before, and any hint of that will cause her to run away. This is a critical matter, so pay close attention.
We all have our own idea of what a good photo looks like, and here is mine: Clear, sharp, smiling -Women LIKE this. http://www.headshots101.com/
We here are rooting for you, we want you to be happy. Please box up your old trash and make it disappear -
Let it go.
 RANZ1989
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/8/2014 6:59:36 PM

First messages should be short, light and fun. Reference something in THEIR profile, not your own. Don't show you intend to treat them well in your message (wtf!).

I mention something in their profile. That was a typo.

Also, by treat them well, I mean with honesty and respect.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 19
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/9/2014 2:03:11 AM
Yes, you should not be showing them that you will treat them with honesty and respect in your first message. It should be 2 or 3 sentences long, light and fun. Honesty and respect is way too heavy for a first message.
 RANZ1989
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/10/2014 10:49:00 AM
OK, will take the posts into consideration.

Please keep the advice coming.

Also, I am not sure what else to put on my profile. I have pretty much covered everything I am about.

My hope is to attract someone with as close to the same interests as possible.
 ouija2013
Msg: 21
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/10/2014 11:25:59 AM
Well short of moving to Akihabara I don't know how many women are going to share your interests. Makes you sound like you spend too much time in the fantasy world and not much grounded in real time. I doubt there are Maid Cafes where you live.
So, add some interests that are couple friendly so a woman can see what you'd be like to date.
Not a fan of the last photo at all, makes you look like you have a bigger tummy.
Your Main is nice :/
Still writing this as more a Christmas letter update than a dating profile.
You are young and you have lots of competition.. read some of the reviewers profiles ( great user name Mark LOL) to get some ideas. Don't be stilted, be yourself. If we were having a coffee is this what you'd be sharing?
Let it flow freely, k?
 RANZ1989
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/13/2014 8:08:42 PM
Well, I do know that there are some anime or Doctor Who fans in my area. I am hoping to attract and date one on here.

Please keep the feedback coming though.
 RANZ1989
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/13/2014 8:19:41 PM

Well, I do know that there are some anime or Doctor Who fans in my area. I am hoping to attract and date one on here.

Please keep the feedback coming though.

On POF that is.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 24
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/13/2014 11:28:30 PM
I smile but do not reveal my teeth. Lets just say they aren't the best in the world.

Unfortunately I met three men with missing teeth. One man lost all of his teeth on one side of his jaw, both upper and lower. His jaw was smashed in the Vietnam War by a prisoner who seized his rifle. He refused to wear dental plates the Army provided.

I felt uncomfortably put on the spot. These men misrepresented themselves in their photos. This was a deal breaker for me.
 RANZ1989
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Profile review needed.
Posted: 1/15/2014 10:34:15 AM
OK, to be exact my teeth are a bit discoloured.

Why does something as miniscule as teeth make or break a relationship?

Anyway, I hope to find someone who also like anime, Doctor Who and other things nerdy as well.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review needed.