Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 loboman79
Msg: 1
view profile
History
profile review pleasePage 1 of 1    
I have had my profile up for some time so I think its time for some feedback on the content as well as picture. I appreciate your assistance and look forward to hearing what you have to say. Just curious if this feedback has helped anyone else to the point where their replies have increased?
 sandytm
Msg: 2
profile review please
Posted: 12/26/2013 12:39:27 PM
1. Need more pics. Main should be a close up.
2. Interests: Not much there. Add some things/hobbies to your list you would do w/a woman. Then, delete family and work.
3. Profile is skimpy. First paragraph is generic. Second and third are making me thirsty. No personality. Is traveling the adventure? Anything else?
4. You skipped the date section.
 You go first
Msg: 3
profile review please
Posted: 12/26/2013 12:49:48 PM
The one picture is inadequate. Consider a viewer looking at your profile on a little cellphone app. We want to see eyes and teeth. Well lit, smiling shoulders up head shot for the main, please. Then add more. (no selfies, keep the shirt on)

These are your Interests: Travel Sports Work Reading Family Food

If you had added Music and Movies you would've hit the jackpot for most generic Interests list ever. These words mean nothing on their own. By "Sports", do you mean watching Nascar? or do you belong to a softball league? or paint your body your team colours and have seasons tickets to every game? Instead, a more descriptive list would help show personality and humour. Use one or two-word examples of your favourites for each.

You've already had suggestions on how to tweak the written portion of the profile wording.

I have personally had feedback from dozens of people who have had increases responses and initial contacts after having their profiles viewed with another set of eyes. Do also realize this process can take time and shouldn't replace your efforts in real life.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 4
profile review please
Posted: 12/26/2013 1:38:24 PM
Lobo - I grew up in a real estate family and I live about 20 miles from you.
If I met a man with a graduate degree in finance, and he said he was motivated and hard-working and told me he lived in your town, went to sporting events and took nice travel vacations, I would think right away that he should focus on his work and goals, and stop blowing money on so much fun stuff. Women in L.A. are very savvy and cruel in their snap judgments, for better or worse, and many will think what I just did.
Your photo is boring too, completely NOT representative of a man on the rise. Look here for examples :http://www.headshots101.com/
As for profile advice from forumites, I never got any. I learned it myself, but it took many thousands of emails, not POF, and about 8 years of frustration. It's up to you if you want to go my way or their way:)
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review please