Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Pic advice please!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 You go first
Msg: 2
Profile Pic advice please!Page 1 of 1    
I've seen this profile somewhere already. Are you on another site, too? What is your username there?
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 4
Profile Pic advice please!
Posted: 12/26/2013 1:49:01 PM
You do realize that none of your pictures are public, so we can't comment?

Car is a yes or no question.

Everything you've said can be found in hundreds of profiles. Every guy your age likes staying in and hanging out with friends and is easy going. You need to be descriptive and specific.
 You go first
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/26/2013 1:59:36 PM
The only other site I do reviews on is DH. The reason I asked your username is to see what info you have on that profile and what suggestions have already been offered so as not to duplicate ideas.
 You go first
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/26/2013 2:05:19 PM
Did you have another version of this profile here earlier??
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2013 2:22:41 PM

Yeah I used to have a version of it but I quit because I gave up, also problem with these sites and especially my age is you see someone you know next minute word gets round then others who ain't on the site such as people you work with get to know about it and you get remarks made :/

Remarks made? 40 million people in the U.S. have used online dating. I think we're past the point where people should go "That dude has a dating profile? Tsk tsk." Apparently, we aren't even close to that point.

The less you care about trivial things such as remarks being made, the easier your time here will be. I've actually seen people from work or school here and thought absolutely nothing of it.
 ouija2013
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/26/2013 2:39:41 PM
Didn't you just have a review?
Why are all your male co workers scoping out MALE profiles btw? odd that
 ouija2013
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/26/2013 3:00:36 PM
Well you can have the last laugh when you meet a hottie!
When they tease, just smile and ask them what they are doing for the weekend
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/26/2013 4:41:04 PM
Half of the planet is engaged with online dating. No need to constantly add/delete your profile.
It is extra work for you and it is not a "scarlet letter" to utilize online dating sites to potentially find a partner. Put that nonsense out of your mind immediately as it will also help boost your self-confidence.

A full selection of clear pictures is absolutely essential. Have a friend take two dozen well-lit, outdoor, crisp photographs using a high-quality digital camera...which is preferred over a fuzzy cellphone. Include a variety of backgrounds, activities, and various articles of clothing to add greater interest. Upload the best eight images of the bunch. Ensure you continue to date and caption each pic. Good luck with your ongoing romantic search.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/26/2013 5:09:43 PM
You have 8 seconds to make a good impression. Women will see your main photo as a tiny pic the size of a saltine cracker on their cell phone screens. If your main photo is not clear, bright and attractive, they move on. A genuine smile is inviting, warm and attractive. Women want to see your eyes and smile.

Please get new photos taken outdoors for better lighting, and with a quality digital camera, not a fuzzy cell phone. Your main photo should be a head-and-shoulder shot, showing you SMILING and looking at the camera. You also need one full body shot, again taken outdoors and smiling.

Other pictures should show you outdoors, doing activities you enjoy. No hats, sunglasses, alcohol or stupid poses. You must be in every picture. Ask a friend to take 24 pictures of you outdoors with a digital camera, wearing different clothes in various locations. Upload the best 8. Caption and date each photo-giving the location and year- to make the photos more interesting and clear.
 You go first
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/26/2013 5:23:20 PM
... even better, ask them what they were doing perving your dating profile!? Say it in a REALLY LOUD voice, too.

The only suggestions I'd have for you are add a few more photos with big smiles and add a couple more detailed Interests instead of the generic words.

Good luck.
 ouija2013
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/27/2013 4:53:55 AM
You have a great look - remind me of someone it will come to me.
Get up all 8 photos.
The Header - nah don't use the word company - moves you to the friend zone faster than I switch off Dr Who on the telly.
People who try to shame are usually green with envy - make sure to announce that you've managed to chat up some serious hotties :/
If I worried what people think I'd have to dwell in my basement.
BTW - it would be super if when you have time you help with reviews.. a lot of men and women your age come for one.
PS - there are also other forums here on POF, check them out if you have not.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Pic advice please!