Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > In need of profile help!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 2
In need of profile help!Page 1 of 1    
Too many group shots with other attractive, smiling men. You need solo pictures where you are smiling. It will make you look friendly and approachable. Also, add captions to your pictures, especially if they were taken while you traveled.

Your About Me is slightly less generic than most, but still not quite interesting enough to make me want to initiate a conversation. If I had a drink for every guy's profile that said he enjoys staying in and watching movies, I would be suffering from alcohol poisoning. It is a highly overused sentence that says nothing about who you are. Be specific. Where would you like to travel? Where have you traveled before?

Add something about the kind of woman you want to meet. Avoid generic concepts like "nice" and "fun".
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 3
In need of profile help!
Posted: 12/29/2013 3:44:21 PM
No need to reiterate you're 31. We can see that in your stats.

Add captions to your pics. It could lead into a topic of discussion! BONUS for you!

Agree RE: the pics. You don't want to pose with other handsome looking fellas. I mean, what if a woman wrote to ask you the name of the OTHER guy you're standing next to!?

A good, primary pic would be; a head and shoulder shot WITH a big, toothy smile, sans ALL friends, hats, caps, sunglasses, kiddies, booze, hoodies etc., as women want to see YOUR eyes and smile!

Make sure your profile includes; who you are, what you're about and whom you seek.
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 5
view profile
History
In need of profile help!
Posted: 12/29/2013 4:43:47 PM

Finding pics of myself smiling is an issue. It's not that I'm not happy but as soon as a camera is brought out I have no idea what to do with my face.

Oh well then that's easy. Just take the photos yourself instead of having other people take them. People become overly self-conscious when other people start snapping photos. It's understandable.
 You go first
Msg: 6
In need of profile help!
Posted: 12/29/2013 11:18:13 PM

I genuinely have very little idea of my attractiveness to the other sex.

You will be attractive to someone, don't get all freaked out about it.

Your first three Interests are Sport, Football, Rugby. Do you see the trend? Why not lose 'sport' and let the other two stand? Instead of "Music", why not put Bruce Springsteen? You want to try and give your viewer specific images when she scans your Interests field and the generic words don't help.

Good luck!
 ouija2013
Msg: 8
In need of profile help!
Posted: 12/30/2013 12:33:34 PM
Get rid of the ones that feature others. And the blurred faces.. nonono
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > In need of profile help!