Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Need advice      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rockfreak025
Msg: 1
Need advicePage 1 of 1    
I've messaged so many girls on this website and get no response at all!! Is it my pictures? my description? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong so if you could help me figure this out and give me advice on improving these flaws it would be soo apreciated!
 sandytm
Msg: 2
Need advice
Posted: 12/30/2013 10:51:58 AM
This right here:
rockfreak025 isn't seeking a relationship or any kind of commitment.
"I'm here right now because I need a friend to hang out with. I'm not looking for a POA or a relationship right now."

Women have enough friends and are on a dating site in search of a relationship.
 rockfreak025
Msg: 3
Need advice
Posted: 12/30/2013 10:56:32 AM
ok is that all? anything else?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 4
Need advice
Posted: 12/30/2013 11:00:36 AM
In your youthful age demographic understand that you might send HUNDREDS of introductory notes with perhaps a 2%-3% response rate. That is the reality, yet it will change somewhat as you age. As alluded by poster sandytm above, you might wish to conduct an advanced search on nearby single women seeking a casual relationship.
 rockfreak025
Msg: 5
Need advice
Posted: 12/30/2013 12:39:10 PM
Yes that is actually what I'm doing
 rockfreak025
Msg: 6
Need advice
Posted: 12/30/2013 12:41:58 PM
Any more tips and all would be great though!
 You go first
Msg: 7
Need advice
Posted: 12/30/2013 12:53:39 PM
You've intentionally selected a username and photos that portray a particular image. That image is limited on this site unless you are focusing only on metal girls. If that really is all you're about, don't make any changes as nobody wants you to change who you are. Just be aware it will take a bit longer to find the lid to your pot. No pun intended.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 8
Need advice
Posted: 12/30/2013 1:20:10 PM
Your dreadful, dark, unsmiling photos are killing you. Women want to see your eyes and SMILE.

START OVER. Read the Profile Writing Tips highlighted in green. Your profile is an advertisement- a marketing piece- to help you meet the kind of women you want to date. The best profiles are well written, upbeat and interesting, with a dash of humor. Internet dating is a written, visual medium. Correct spelling and grammar are important because it shows you care about details. Write in short paragraphs. Nobody wants to read a wall of words.

Describe your best characteristics and strengths, activities you enjoy, and what you are looking for in a relationship. Talk a little about the type of woman you want to meet using personality traits.

You have 8 seconds to make a good impression. Women will see your main photo as a tiny pic the size of a saltine cracker on their cell phone screens. If your main photo is not clear, bright and attractive, they move on. A genuine smile is inviting, warm and attractive. Women want to see your eyes and smile.

Please get new photos taken outdoors for better lighting, and with a quality digital camera, not a fuzzy cell phone. Your main photo should be a head-and-shoulder shot, showing you SMILING and looking at the camera. You also need one full body shot, again taken outdoors and smiling.

CLEAN UP THE BACKGROUND. A messy background makes you look like a slob and repels women.

Other pictures should show you outdoors, doing activities you enjoy. No hats, sunglasses, alcohol or stupid poses. You must be in every picture. Ask a friend to take 24 pictures of you outdoors with a digital camera, wearing different clothes in various locations. Upload the best 8. Caption and date each photo-giving the location and year- to make the photos more interesting and clear.

Interests should be ACTIVITIES you enjoy and would enjoy doing with a woman. Choose 12 or 15 activities. Since interests are displayed in three columns, this will give you three equal columns that look sharp on your profile.

Your headline should be short and upbeat, and say something about you. "Life is Amazing!" is my headline.

Good luck in your romantic search.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Need advice