Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Men of POF, what's your response rate & how many messages do you reci      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 iloodmik
Msg: 1
Men of POF, what's your response rate & how many messages do you recieve?Page 1 of 1    
I think i have sent around 90-110 messages? Mostly just copy-pasta stuff. As i realize actually taking the time to read someone's profile & commenting on such won't help.

Or maybe its my demographic or might has to do with ethnicity. I tend to have a taste for Latina women.

So anyways....

90-110 message sent.
10-11 replied.
only 3 of those were actually interested... the rest just were being polite or calling me a jerk lol.
4 numbers (still haven't set up a date with one but got her number).
2 flaked
1 actual date.

4 girls messaged me also but i was not interested.

So im hitting like a 1.5% rate? Lol, is this normal??? Feels bad being ugly, but i think it has to do with the fact im asian lol.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 2
Men of POF, what's your response rate & how many messages do you recieve?
Posted: 12/31/2013 2:46:54 AM
With that terrible profile, I am genuinely surprised you got ANY responses at all.

Your message protocol is also terrible. Copypasta messages are the only thing worse than overtly sexual ones. Taking time to comment on a profile definitely does help. It's not just about getting a response by carpet-bombing everything with boobs and a pulse, it's about getting QUALITY responses. Unless you're just after one night stands?
 iloodmik
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/31/2013 2:54:05 AM
@Mark_It_Up - Thanks? So what do you recommend?

Im looking for an actual relationship.

Most girls really don't have anything in their profile and it takes too much time to actually comment on something when i rarely get a response. I feel mass spamming is much easier. Either way im not asking for a review of my profile.
 Dobermonster
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/31/2013 3:09:49 AM
Yeah your profile sucks. I was going to ask why you thought some women called you a jerk, and then I read it. Plus you spam messages so . . . yeah I'd say your response rate was pretty normal for that.

ETA: It does not take too much time to write something sincere. You want an easy, quick solution? Get off the site, you're wasting your time with this kind of attitude. Go to a bar and find a girl with too much alcohol and too little self-esteem, because that sounds exactly like your type.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/31/2013 3:21:00 AM
im not asking for a review of my profile.

Then I recommend you read the rules for this forum before posting to it. It's called "profile reviews". If you want to discuss response rates or message strategies then feel free to post in general discussion or "ask a guy". But I can tell you exactly what the response will be over there, because I've seen it a million times... "Your profile sucks, that is why you get a bad response rate. Go to profile reviews and follow the advice of experienced, successful people who enjoy helping others."

The way to get success on here is to have good pics, a good profile and a good message. You have 0 out of 3.
 tatersprout
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/31/2013 5:16:15 AM
Well said, Mark_It_Up.

Mike, you are delusional.
 iloodmik
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/31/2013 5:31:21 AM
I don't know why everyone here is attacking me. I even ask'd what's wrong with my profile yet i have people just commenting how terrible it is without guidance. EITHER WAY IDC im not here to impress anyone im being me.

The question of the thread is... WHAT IS YOUR RESPONSE RATE.

Thanks.
 tatersprout
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/31/2013 5:37:29 AM
Profile Review Forum Rules:

TO POSTERS WISHING A PROFILE REVIEW

If you're NOT ASKING FOR YOUR PROFILE to be REVIEWED - your thread WILL BE DELETED. This forum is not a platform to just rant or make general observations about other people's profiles.

All requests for a review cannot exclude anyone from reviewing it or only ask for a certain segment of the users to review it.

lastly, if you're not going to take any constructive critisism and simply argue with the reviewers, then your thread will also be deleted.
 ouija2013
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/31/2013 5:38:31 AM
The name of the FORUM is Profile Reviews.
Ask your question were Mark has suggested, but better yet do a thread search
 gcdeb
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/31/2013 5:43:21 AM

Either way im not asking for a review of my profile.

This is the Profile Review Forum, so here goes:

A 10% response rate in your age demographic is normal, that's both the good and the bad news.

Remove the photo with the girl in it. The photo with the motorbike is against site rules (you have to be in all photos) - remove it.

Edit : Says im 25 im 24
Nope, it says you are 24.

I am a shallow, conceited, arrogant prick.
Honesty is great but just be aware that as a profile line, this is a dealbreaker for most women. And you open your profile with it. Most women won't read any further than that first line.

I can also be the most sincere, thoughtful, gentleman you meet.
Just listing a string of adjectives about yourself is not very useful. You need to SHOW us how you are those things.

People think they have a "type."
This is patronising. Most people KNOW they have a type. They might choose to look outside that type if they want to, but they are still entitled to KNOW (not THINK) that they have a type.

People think I have a "type." I prefer not to categorize people or to judge them by what they look like(its hard but i try).
But then you say in this thread "I tend to have a taste for Latina women."

Personally,
Delete - redundant.

I like to go out to movies, museums, lounges, restaurants, malls, etc. I like to have a good time wherever I am and I love to laugh and make others laugh. In my time alone I enjoy keeping up with the news, playing video games, and watching ufc. I love to cook at home, kick back and drink some soju once in a while.
Re write this so there are less "I" statements.

If you're the type who just looks at pictures to decide who you will talk to, that's great; I can be just as one-dimensional as you.
Nasty, judgemental, negative. Delete.

If you actually read profiles that's cool, too; I love conversation.
Delete - unnecessary.

Please don't waste my time if you're still "figuring out what you want" or any of that BS. You need to know you want me and be up front if you don't. I don't respond to games. I'm mature enough to walk away and I hope you are, too.
Negative - delete. Just comport yourself in a mature manner and see the game players off as soon as you recognise that's what they are.

My two favorite movies are...
1. Child Play's 2
2. Insidious
Your profile is meant to paint a picture of your life. Lists don't do that. Tell us why these movies are your favourite and we will get to know a little about you.

If you don't need a drunken night of karaoke to loosen up
Delete - negative. Just talk about what you want, not what you DON'T want.

I'm on here to meet people. Take a chance and message me.
Most people are on here to meet people. It's a given. They all know how to use the site and they WILL message you if they are interested. Don't ask them too - it comes across as needy.

Read the Profile Writing Tips pinned in green at the top of the forum.

Search the forums for "first message" and read the many threads on the topic.

You are in a very competitive age group - you need to stand out from the crowd with your profile. Putting some effort into it will help you to do just that.

You are welcome :)
 sandytm
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/31/2013 5:55:56 AM
Female 1 : Seeing anybody?
Female 2: Yeah, Mike the prick. He likes playing video games.
 You go first
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/31/2013 8:50:42 AM
Copy-paste messages get deleted almost immediately by any girl who has been on a dating site more than 1 day. That's just lazy. Smart ones DO read profiles. Who are YOU targeting?

You're not ugly because you're Asian, you're ugly because you said: I am a shallow, conceited, arrogant prick As none of the women you contact know you personally, they're going to take your word for it. I did, and your posts here pretty much make my case for me.

You really shouldn't be doing online dating with that attitude.

You've been given some great suggestions here. If you choose to grow a pair and take the advice, great. If not, no one is forcing you to stay.

ps - read the comments in the thread of the user (Bill) above you and how having a decent profile makes a difference.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/31/2013 9:11:15 AM
"Feels bad being ugly, but i think it has to do with the fact im asian lol."
You're not ugly, but you ARE arrogant, which IS an ugly trait. You demonstrate arrogance by sending out mass messages and then complaining when you are not Mr. Popular! Now you are on the Forums violating POF rules and again showing how YOU can do whatever you want, because you're so special.
I am very familiar with your town, and go there frequently. For those unfamiliar with Southern California demographics, Gardena is a city with a predominate Asian population, most of the stores, businesses, etc. are Asian as well. My favorite pho house is on Western Ave. and I love the Ranch 99 market too.
I think you will find Hispanic women to be as street-smart as they are beautiful, they see how phony you are and that's why they won't come near you.
I would wish you good luck, but that would be a lie. You don't deserve good luck.
If your attitude should change, let us know.
 Moominpappa
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2013 4:36:22 PM

I am a shallow, conceited, arrogant prick. I can also be the most sincere, thoughtful, gentleman you meet.

Oh please, a gentleman who's an arrogant prick. How is that even possible?

Your whole profile is so negative that it's hard to believe you got any response at all. I guess jerks deserve some love, too.
 LessTJRocks
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/31/2013 6:22:48 PM
Come at those messages like you are responding to a job add. You are wanting to tailor to the individual and grab some interest fast. And it's already been said in a way, but you have a little to much hostility in your profile. As a dude, you shouldn't be sounding like a jilted girlfriend. Sift through all this criticism for the actual points and put them to work, man. Got jumped on for the ugly Asians comment, heheh, it was kind of funny. Nothing wrong with sprinkling a little self-deprecating humor around.
 snowboarder0007
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/31/2013 6:23:46 PM
Hey hi there iloodmik,
Here is some feedback for you listed below.

I think the feedback is rather harsh, but I also think they are trying to help you go to the right place. Anyways, I will give my suggestions. My response is pretty good even though my true age is probably a "run away" sign, but so what.
1. I think your pic is good, I think you look cute.
2. Talk about what you love, love to do, express something that moves you.
3. When you reach out, say something to that person, people, especially gals can tell when it's a "canned" text.
4. Pick out 10 gals that you like and write something like this, Hey you look amazing and interesting, would you have coffee with me?
5. Keep going, but keep it real, like make the kind of conversation that you would want.

I hope that helps,
Michelle
 snowboarder0007
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/31/2013 6:27:18 PM
She gave you a lot of great feedback. Apply it, tell us why!!!
I think you do sound fun, play that up with what cracks you up, apply her feedback!
 You go first
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/1/2014 10:55:07 AM

4. Pick out 10 gals that you like and write something like this, Hey you look amazing and interesting, would you have coffee with me?

For the love of bacon do NOT write something like that. Commenting on personal appearance in the first message makes you sound like a creeper, and inviting her out in a first message is desperate to the infinity. How do you know if you even WANT to meet her? If you're going to base it on looks alone, go for it, but after doing reviews for 5 years, I can tell you how frequently I see complaints from women saying guys don't send personalized messages or really push to meet them right away. It's a huge turnoff.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Men of POF, what's your response rate & how many messages do you recieve?