Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile does not get decent girls to reply      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 adoki84
Msg: 1
profile does not get decent girls to reply Page 1 of 1    
I'm not sucessful getting quality girls to ever reply to messages is it my photos or what? I mean I'm much better in real life but busy with work some quality dates or coversations would be nice :(. Standard opening:Cute profile how are you:) any fun NYE plans?
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 2
profile does not get decent girls to reply
Posted: 12/31/2013 6:57:48 PM
Yeah, the mega-close up isn't doing you any favours, nor is flipping the bird and selfies in the men's washroom. How old are you again?

Being a smoker will definitely reduce your dating pool.

WWW links will get your entire profile nuked. POF has bots that suss out those.

Read the writing tips at the top of the forum page and implement many good ideas.

Break your profile into legible paragraphs, even if it is a replica of OKC. It all seems very hurried and you've spent at least two, full minutes writing it up. FAIL.

Inject a touch of humour.

Mention in a couple of sentences about the woman you seek.

Make sure your profile includes; who you are, what you're about and whom you seek.

Have at least 10 - 15 interests. They are searchable.

Complete your first date.

Your msgs to women suck - BIG time.

Here's a few hints RE: initial msgs to women.

Don't ask the woman out for a meet/her phone number immediately. It's coming off as a tad desperate and it's creepy.
Ask her one or two questions based on her profile. Do not bombard her.
Don't rattle on and on about yourself.
Keep it light.
Add a touch of humour.
Don't comment on her physical attributes.
Don't ask/beg her to reply/check you out.They know what to do if interested and do not require prompting.

fieryredhead77
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/31/2013 7:01:15 PM
Wow. Where to start. Could it be the bad selfie as your main? Or the fact that one of your pics is flipping the bird - you mean, 'quality' girls aren't interested? Weird. Or maybe it is the selfie with the urinal in the background. Quality girls aren't into that either?

Those are your first mistakes.

Second - your message is totally generic. Most girls won't respond unless they can tell you actually read the profile. And women might not like the 'cute' .

Plus, you are a smoker. That will make a ton of people not date you.

Next - you state you have a high school education but are starting a master's in business. How exactly do you jump to a master's without a bachelor's? And by sharing you just copied from ok shows laziness.
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2013 7:01:18 PM

Standard opening:Cute profile how are you:) any fun NYE plans?

Asking "How are you?" with online dating is usually one of the fastest ways to make a woman uninterested. It's also one of the fastest ways to make you seem uninteresting. That sounds ridiculous but it doesn't take long to find a few profiles of women outright stating in their profiles "If you write to me 'How are you?' then please go elope with a goat" or something to that effect. They really don't like it.

Asking about NYE plans is harmless but doesn't show her your read the profile. Without knowing the context of your other message material, it's hard to make a better judgement call on what you're doing wrong. It's better to approach women here like 'Hey, I actually want to get to know you' rather than 'Hey, how are things?'.
 adoki84
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/31/2013 7:04:15 PM
Good advice and direction everyone. I'm past looking for hookups I'm a grown man lol
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/1/2014 2:04:11 PM
Your photos are dreadful, dark and blurry. The photo of you flipping the bird makes you look like an immature, nasty teenager.

START OVER. Read the Profile Writing Tips highlighted in green. Your profile is an advertisement- a marketing piece- to help you meet the kind of women you want to date. The best profiles are well written, upbeat and interesting, with a dash of humor. Internet dating is a written, visual medium. Correct spelling and grammar are important because it shows you care about details. Write in short paragraphs. Nobody wants to read a wall of words.

Describe your best characteristics and strengths, activities you enjoy, and what you are looking for in a relationship. Talk a little about the type of woman you want to meet using personality traits.

You have 8 seconds to make a good impression. Women will see your main photo as a tiny pic the size of a saltine cracker on their cell phone screens. If your main photo is not clear, bright and attractive, they move on. A genuine smile is inviting, warm and attractive. Women want to see your eyes and smile.

Please get new photos taken outdoors for better lighting, and with a quality digital camera, not a fuzzy cell phone. Your main photo should be a head-and-shoulder shot, showing you SMILING and looking at the camera. You also need one full body shot, again taken outdoors and smiling.

Other pictures should show you outdoors, doing activities you enjoy. No hats, sunglasses, alcohol or stupid poses. You must be in every picture. Ask a friend to take 24 pictures of you outdoors with a digital camera, wearing different clothes in various locations. Upload the best 8. Caption and date each photo-giving the location and year- to make the photos more interesting and clear.

Interests should be ACTIVITIES you enjoy and would enjoy doing with a woman. Choose 12 or 15 activities. Since interests are displayed in three columns, this will give you three equal columns that look sharp on your profile.

Your headline should be short and upbeat, and say something about you. "Life is Amazing!" is my headline.

Good luck in your romantic search.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2014 2:55:32 PM

Good advice and direction everyone. I'm past looking for hookups I'm a grown man lol

Good. Lose the mirror selfies, they make you look about 16 women your age want a man not a boy. What's the deal with flipping the bird in a photo? It's like you are basically saying 'hi ladies, f*** you!' What a first impression.
 bbates43081
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2014 8:55:35 AM
I seem to be getting messages from (to say nicely) ppl that I don't find attractive. I'm not saying I'm Mr hot but the lady's I've dated are attractive and the majority of people on here don't fit the criteria. So I could use some help to make my page more appealing.
 firefly416
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2014 10:49:17 AM
bbates, click on the New Thread button to ask for a review.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile does not get decent girls to reply