Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please review my profile :)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 2
Please review my profile :)Page 1 of 1    
You're cute, but your profile's kind of negative. Looking for "friends" and seeking no commitment often translates to seeking a hookup. If you're looking for a date or relationship, adjust accordingly.
 You go first
Msg: 3
Please review my profile :)
Posted: 1/1/2014 6:46:52 PM

just curious to hear what everyone's opinion is.

Doesn't matter what our opinion is, does the profile get you the kind of attention you're looking for?
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2014 7:10:33 PM

For one let me start off by saying that I READ ALL MESSAGES I RECEIVE! If i do not reply after the first message u send, im not going to reply to the second, or third, or fourth, etc u get it right? One thing i can't stand is a thirsty dude! And FYI, pics of "you" that are screenshots from Instagram is not a good look. Why you screenshot??? Hmmmm I smell a catfish and I don't respond to those. Sorry...bye!

You should get rid of this because it doesn't actually add anything relevant to you as a person. Telling them not to message you so much is kind of like telling a tiger to stop growling so much. It's just their nature and they'll continue to do it. Plus, you don't lose any of the decent subject matter you've offered anyways by deleting it. Win-win.

This is just me speaking personally, but I'm not even 100% sure if people like you even need a review. You know, people who aren't looking for commitment and are instead letting the chips fall where they may. At least, that's what the intent sounds like.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2014 12:47:55 PM
If I was thinking of dating you I would look at your pics and think 'wow she's cute' I wonder what she has to say for herself.....

Then I wouldn't get past the first paragraph before clicking off, and looking at someone else.

Having a rant about guys profiles and lame guys messaging you is not in anyway attractive and not going to help you find the kind of guy you really want.

Saying you are looking for 'friends' would be a red flag too. I am here to date and find a new relationship as are all the genuine guys on this site. I have plenty of female friends thanks, what I want is something more serious. So again this will turn away genuine guys.

What you are left with are guys who don't read profiles, and guys who just want 'friends' (and by friends what they mean is f-buddies). Delete the first paragraph and be very specific about why you are here and what you are looking for. Keep it light fun and positive.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/2/2014 1:12:55 PM
I agree with everything Scooter said.
Rant profiles are an immediate turn off.
If you want to review people's profiles then post here, not on your own profile!
 tatersprout
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/2/2014 1:44:58 PM
In 5 of your photos you are clearly holding an iphone taking pics in a mirror. Try harder--you are a cute young lady.

You come off as being self centered, bossy, self indulgent, and you overuse "!".
 ouija2013
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/2/2014 2:15:22 PM
I like it.. tighten up the grammar, switch out some of the I's and stop screaming ( using all caps)
LOL in the Header - no you aren't a lil girl, adult up :0
The black dress photo, I'd lose that.. messy background and you look a few pounds over not average in it.
Dating site so change it to dating
What type of Man are you looking for ? Instead of telling them what you don't want say what it is you DO want.
Beautiful face, no idea why you are on POF - like there are no men at the gym?
But you asked for feedback - so clearly you feel it isn't working like it should. Msg men you find interesting, they get all happy when a lovely woman makes first contact.
Best of luck
 You go first
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/2/2014 7:14:00 PM
I just wish she hadn't deleted her profile on the other site so I could cut/paste the comments she made when we reviewed her there. It's a whole other side, kids.
 You go first
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/4/2014 2:04:16 PM

And I only used a profile review on one other site, and I definitely didn't delete that either...but ok you got it!

I know you did, I gave you a review there. What was your username there?
 ScooterSB
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2014 4:00:00 PM
looks MUCH better

I'd still say lose...

But please know, I'm not on here to hook-up or anything along those lines. Don't even try it.

Try not to talk about what you DONT want and instead talk about what you DO want. It means you say the same thing but keeps it positive. So if you said 'I'm looking for a long term, committed, exclusive relationship' etc then there can be no confusion.

Feel free to message me if you need any more tips or if you happen to find yourself in the UK :p
 You go first
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/4/2014 7:45:50 PM
This site edits out anything with a dot com and it could get my profile deleted. You know which one it was and I'm sure you remember the responses. At least on this site the threads and posts are not attached to your profile and you can give it a fresh start.
 You go first
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/5/2014 9:14:35 AM
What is your username on that site?

Edit: actually, nevermind. I never forget an AW and if you want to present yourself in a new light here, carry on. Good luck.
 You go first
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/5/2014 6:02:20 PM
Not confused at all, hun. I can't tell you the site because THIS one edits it out, but it's initials are DH.

If you can't keep track of the usernames you have on all your profiles, that's not my problem. My username on that site is completely different. Whatever. You'll do just fine with that attitude, I'm sure.

Done with you.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please review my profile :)