Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Looking for a review.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mkav92
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Looking for a review. Page 1 of 1    
Hey,
So... I've not don't too badly out of POF so far, 3 dates; about 20 odd replies.
However, it all feels like an uphill struggle. I can't help thinking that my profile needs a lot of work; it just feels like an 'out of date CV' if you get me? Can anybody give me some pointers here?

Cheers,
Mike
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 2
Looking for a review.
Posted: 1/7/2014 7:38:18 AM
Mike - Online dating IS an uphill struggle.
First you have to be very good to get a meeting/date, but does that guarantee you will have a second date? No sir!
In many ways online dating is twice the work, when compared to meeting someone at a party, an event, etc. If you spot a woman at a market in town, you can see instantly if you are attracted to her, how she dresses, her body language, who she is with, etc, and vice versa. The same person online may present herself very differently, so it becomes a challenge just to see if you even like each other enough to go on one real date.
This does require patience and a long-term approach. I think you are doing the right things, stick with it, and don't forget to have fun along the way :)
 tatersprout
Msg: 3
Looking for a review.
Posted: 1/7/2014 11:43:56 AM
What is your occupation? It just says "graduate".
Is stunt work paying all the bills? You do look like the actor.
Put a blank space between paragraphs--you have a block of text that's hard to read.
What type of woman are you looking for?
 mkav92
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Looking for a review.
Posted: 1/8/2014 1:01:16 PM
Thanks for your input!
I see where you're coming from with the pictures; a few of my mates are pro photographers, so I'll ask them for a hand.
One thing though, I've read that it HELPS to have friends/the opposite sex in photos? I'm a bit confused about this... Having said that, my ex is actually in one of the photos...Haha!

Thanks again,
Mike
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 5
Looking for a review.
Posted: 1/9/2014 3:59:56 AM
Having another woman in a picture will normally elicit one of 2 reactions from a woman:

1) His ex and/or friends are prettier than me. I will constantly be jealous/paranoid that I am not good enough.
2) I am prettier than her. His standards are not very high. He is not a high value catch.

Neither are good outcomes for you.
 mkav92
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Looking for a review.
Posted: 1/12/2014 10:58:02 AM
Ahh okay, that does makes sense. So in a nutshell, my photos are dire! Thanks very much for your input everyone! I'll take it on board and try and get some decent pictures excluding debauchery and the opposite sex...
 mkav92
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Looking for a review.
Posted: 10/5/2014 11:34:44 AM
Alright, I'm back... I've made a few changes, apparently you're only allowed the one thread; hence the massive bump.

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=57152675

Is this better, are there any massive turn-offs? I'm smack in the middle of a masters course, so this is the most convenient way of dating for me at the moment.

Thanks in advance!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 8
Looking for a review.
Posted: 10/5/2014 11:46:20 AM
Use the second picture as the Main until you get new ones up. Ditch the rest. Why are you pimping out other guys on a dating site?
The last one.. surprised any of you made it safely home
Already says your name, no need to repeat
You wake up in the middle of the night to have a laugh?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Looking for a review.