Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Oh oh...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Oh oh...Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Having no idea what the hell Marmite is, I looked it up. Apparently, it's a food spread with the slogan "Love it or hate it". Fittingly enough, I feel that you have a love it or hate it profile. I get the whole toning down the seriousness part. However, a lot of what you've put in place of it is just BS. There's nothing actually wrong with that in itself.

But, you have to consider your audience. If they knew you or you were already having a conversation then the BS would be more viable and maybe even mutual. But in a climate where nobody actually knows you, it gives the impression that you're just BS-ing your way through with no substance however humorous it may be.

So, try to actually attach some truth value and substance to what you say. Didn't Goku have trouble training at 10x Earth's gravity? You'd die instantly.
 ouija2013
Msg: 3
Oh oh...
Posted: 1/8/2014 4:52:11 PM
Your shirtless photo is against site rules and will get your profile nuked
 firefly416
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Oh oh...
Posted: 1/8/2014 5:34:51 PM
You could use better photos. But I actually like the written part. It's clearly funny but no one will know anything about the real you.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Oh oh...
Posted: 1/8/2014 7:03:03 PM
I agree with firefly. I enjoyed reading the written part, but I know nothing about you. I have a feeling it will confuse many, if not most potentially daters.

If I saw something like that text on a girls profile I would probably message them, as I like creative and quirky people. However, trying to put myself in the place of the 'average' female user of this site, I think would probably skip you for someone else. Basically what I'm saying is as it stands you are making your profile attractive to a small niche of women, if your happy with that cool, but I think you can be quirky and creative whilst still being truthful about yourself and having wider appeal.

Main pic good, I like the Christmas one too. Tux one is only ok, kind of blurry. All the shirtless one will do is highlight how messy your bedroom is, lose it (plus it is against site rules to have shirtless pics, unless at the beach pool etc). Lose the super dark pic. Other than that add more pictures, there are 8 spaces for a reason, use them and use them wisely.
 tatersprout
Msg: 6
Oh oh...
Posted: 1/8/2014 9:45:20 PM
Hi Henri,
Is marmite like vegemite?
You have gorgeous hair. Your main reminds me of Orlando Bloom.
Pic 2 is too dark to be helpful.
Shirtless grasping the rubik cube--get dressed.
Get up another photo of face close up.

I like the write up. I think the creativity tells a lot about you, actually.
It will also speak to more intelligent women.

Maybe, since this is somewhat working, you could create an alternate more typical text and switch them up to see what works best? Personally, I have no suggestions to change what you have written.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 7
Oh oh...
Posted: 1/9/2014 1:56:26 AM
The main pic is great but all the others suck. You really need some new, better secondary pics.

It's a good profile but I think you should change the "facts" to be a little more about you rather than just generic jokes. As it is, they kind of look like a list you might have seen on the internet, like a Chuck Norris joke list or something. For example you put dancing in your interests... rather than saying you read Harry Potter and learned cooking while sealed in a temple for 7 years, say you learned salsa dancing while sealed in the temple. See what I mean? Incorporate your own interests and personality into the jokes rather than generic "funny" things which don't seem as personal.

Get rid of your mail filters. You'd date an 18 year old? That's a bit creepy. Mail filters are totally unnecessary for any guy on here.
 firefly416
Msg: 10
view profile
History
The Profile: The Return of the Revenge of the Profile Part II ... with a ReVengence
Posted: 1/9/2014 5:17:34 PM
The photos are great! Now I'd use the 4th one where you are looking right at us.
 tatersprout
Msg: 12
The Profile: The Return of the Revenge of the Profile Part II ... with a ReVengence
Posted: 1/10/2014 4:00:44 PM
Swap the pics every so often--I prefer the original main, too

New profile looks good, but again, I liked the quirkiness of the original.
 tatersprout
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/10/2014 4:23:22 PM
Keep the messages light and playful without coming on strong. Plenty of time for that once you are dating.

Hopefully after 5-10 total messages you can secure a meet.
 ouija2013
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/10/2014 5:33:36 PM
Why oh why do all the guys on POF claim they are in the gym 100 million times a week? Should I go.. cool sweaty gym clothes to deal with?
I like your Main
Gym, hair products, trim
Flesh it out. Unless you are seriously living at the gym
Plus side you avoided showing us tattoos. I swear that gives me the auggies.
Why say you are French if you can't speak French?
I am royalty without a Castle. Darn
Keep the main, lose some of the others
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 25
Oh oh...
Posted: 10/22/2014 4:19:31 PM
Henri...welcome to the Profile Reviews forum.
Your profile is essentially some random observations...more content needs to be shared with the reader.
Here is the address for this review to bump in the future: http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16173810.aspx
 tennistown
Msg: 26
Oh oh...
Posted: 10/22/2014 4:22:26 PM

Oh oh....

You look quite a lot like Tiny Tim the American musician from the 60's.
Do you play the ukulele too?
If so, I may have to rethink my views on reincarnation.

I suggest removing
the two pictures on your profile
that you are not "in the picture."

Your "artsy" Christmas tree
and
the Tiny Tim Pezz dispenser.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Oh oh...