Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Could some of the ladies out there review my profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rob_0871
Msg: 1
Could some of the ladies out there review my profilePage 1 of 1    
HI, i have what can be best described as little to no luck in getting responses from ladies whom i am interested in. I know its a big pond with lot's of competition, but I figure for the number of messages i send out and the lack of response i get (litteraly none) that i am doing something wrong. So in an effort to improve my chances i am looking for some help, starting with my profile. Then work on the messages i send, yes i know women get bombarded with tons of email here, but i figure it must be the profile as, they read the messages, check me out, then i get nothing... presuming that its in that order lol...

so any help will be appreciated, please don't worry about offending or upsetting me... i am a big boy i can take it =D..

thanks
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 2
Could some of the ladies out there review my profile
Posted: 1/12/2014 3:54:16 PM
5. Tell him he looks like your father
4. Talk endlessly about your extensive doll collection.
3. Talk about your co-workers annoying habits
2. Talk about having more children or marriage on the first date
1. Last but certainly not least, never say "i've seen bigger" about any part of his body!!!

Now if you promise not to talk about these things send me a message or give me a wink. But be warned i'm not looking for a text buddy or email pen pal.. life's too short and there is too much fun to be had for all of that. Before you reply to my message or decide to be bold and make the first move, (I like bold women!!)

DELETE. This is negative and immediately turns off women. Your unsmiling photos are also hurting you. Nobody wants to date a sullen, negative guy. Get rid of everything negative in your profile. Never call yourself a "smart ass." This turns off women.

START OVER. Read the Profile Writing Tips highlighted in green. Your profile is an advertisement- a marketing piece- to help you meet the kind of women you want to date. The best profiles are well written, upbeat and interesting, with a dash of humor. Internet dating is a written, visual medium. Correct spelling and grammar are important because it shows you care about details. Write in short paragraphs. Nobody wants to read a wall of words.

Describe your best characteristics and strengths, activities you enjoy, and what you are looking for in a relationship. Talk a little about the type of woman you want to meet using personality traits.

You have 8 seconds to make a good impression. Women will see your main photo as a tiny pic the size of a saltine cracker on their cell phone screens. If your main photo is not clear, bright and attractive, they move on. A genuine smile is inviting, warm and attractive. Women want to see your eyes and smile.

Please get new photos taken outdoors for better lighting, and with a quality digital camera, not a fuzzy cell phone. Your main photo should be a head-and-shoulder shot, showing you SMILING and looking at the camera. You also need one full body shot, again taken outdoors and smiling.

Other pictures should show you outdoors, doing activities you enjoy. No hats, sunglasses, alcohol or stupid poses. You must be in every picture. Ask a friend to take 24 pictures of you outdoors with a digital camera, wearing different clothes in various locations. Upload the best 8. Caption and date each photo-giving the location and year- to make the photos more interesting and clear.

Interests should be ACTIVITIES you enjoy and would enjoy doing with a woman. Choose 12 or 15 activities. Since interests are displayed in three columns, this will give you three equal columns that look sharp on your profile.

Your headline should be short and upbeat, and say something about you. "Life is Amazing!" is my headline.

Good luck in your romantic search.
 gcdeb
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/12/2014 10:55:24 PM

Women are naturally suspicious of guys who go online looking for partners and rightly so.
Women who are online looking for a partner are suspicious of men doing the same? And rightly so?

I've never heard that theory before.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/13/2014 2:09:50 AM
Not a fan of the "continued" headline thing. You read the headline, then look at the pics, then read the age, intent, status, profession, kids, car etc... then get the rest of the headline. Have to scroll right back up to remember what it said.
Interests should be 1 word, or 2 if it's something like scuba diving. That's it, lose the commentary from this box.

Why are you telling women how to scare off guys? Do you think this will make them fall for you? Unlikely.

"Wink"? Doesn't exist on this site. Which site did you copy/paste this from? Get rid of your entire first paragraph. Women rarely send the first message on here.

Next paragraph, you should be trying to stand out form the crowd, not putting yourself firmly in the middle of it.

Next paragraph is just a rant. Get rid.

Wicked sense of humour, no I did not notice, I just noticed that you have a huge chip on your shoulder and that is not going to attract women to you.
 Rob_0871
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/16/2014 7:31:48 PM
Thanks for the critique, I haven't yet had new photos taken but could re-wrote my profile. Let me know what you think about it this way.

thanks again
 Nj2ut
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/17/2014 6:34:23 AM
With the exception of the second and third paragraph, the rest of it sounds pretty generic as if you took it from one those "how to write online dating ad" articles from 10 years ago. It really doesn't give a woman a sense who you are versus the other guys on here...well at least you don't have a bunch of bathroom selfie pics.

Here's an example: every other guy..." I like music"
What you should aim for: " I'm a big U2 fan. I saw them twice on their last tour. The first time in New Jersey and again here in Utah."

You also have a couple grammar errors.
place's should be places
Women should be women
 ouija2013
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/17/2014 7:15:01 AM
Quite a few errors - boys not boy's. Yes we are that picky, at your age makes you look a tad lazy.
You repeat your interests again in your text , why?
Is your son coming along on the date? Why do you have his pic up on an adult dating site?
The sexy in jeans/black dress on the town - that has been played more often than Bon Jovi. I agree with the above comments reads like you cribbed it from other profiles instead of writing about YOU
No excuse for bad photos - if you are serious most have a cam in their phone, get 8 up, all current.

What is it that stirs you? Where is the killer humor you profess to have? It fades in and out in the text.
JMO, good luck in your search
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/17/2014 7:50:09 AM
When you say that your young son told you to try online dating, it doesn't make him look smart but it does make YOU look weak - don't go there.
The photo with the blacked-out faces looks weird.
The problem with profiles is that we as amateur marketing experts are trying to sell ourselves the best we can, but we unintentionally turn off our target audience in many little ways. The trick, if there is a trick, is to NOT turn off anyone who may be a candidate, and there are candidates out there with all kinds of hangups and fears, so there IS no perfect 100% solution, you just have to adjust as you go along.
 Rob_0871
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/19/2014 11:25:57 AM
so taking all the comments i made some changes, again have yet to get new pics, ones that aren't selfies, and out door pics are a bit tough here in MI... so as the advice i have gotten is for out door pic's then i have to wait till it warms up in a few days..

Please critique my latest version.

Thanks for all the input so far and more to come.
 Nj2ut
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/19/2014 12:04:59 PM
Honestly you're doing too much explaining. You don't need to go into too much about your kids or that you don't send canned messages. You also have several spelling errors. The only thing I would keep is paragraph 2 and 4. You listed visiting new places as an interest...expand on that as a paragraph . As for the headline ...go with something quick and snappy...confidence it's what's for breakfast.
 sandytm
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/19/2014 12:14:44 PM
Too many grammar mistakes to even list them.
Please capitalize "i".
Headline isn't good and has spelling mistake.
 Rob_0871
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/19/2014 3:08:12 PM
Thanks again, I will work on that paragraph you suggested Nj2ut.. Also hope you don't mind but i am going to use your suggestion for the headline.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/19/2014 3:26:15 PM
It kind of bugs me that your photos each portray a different shape to your head. Which one is the real shape?
Aside from that, your words are short and honestly put, which is good. As you go along , feel free to add some thoughts, just keep them in a similar context.
 Nj2ut
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/19/2014 3:41:42 PM
Sure...go ahead and use the headline I suggested. You had mentioned confidence in your profile so it just popped in my head.
 Rob_0871
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/19/2014 5:26:20 PM
Thanks Nj2ut I will and thank you for your input.
 Rob_0871
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/19/2014 5:29:51 PM
Thank you Green Thumbz, I appreciate your input.

lol the shape of my head... i guess it depends on the angle the picture was taken from, or the skill of the person taking the picture. The one that should be the most correct is with the two blacked out faces, (my kids) that was taken by an actual photographer when we were on vacation. the rest are self images i took with the camera in my phone. I do intend to get better ones, outside once we have some warmer weather here, its going into the single digits again and a picture of some one dressed for that doesn't show much.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/19/2014 5:55:06 PM

It kind of bugs me that your photos each portray a different shape to your head. Which one is the real shape?

Wow! GT18, you have a way with words :) I found that extremely funny.

OP: I like the headline. I think your profile info is pretty good. Aside from getting a few better photos, SMILE not just smile, and a full length body shot, I'd double check your punctuation. It is always best to use proper grammar and punctuation. :)
Good luck!
 Rob_0871
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/19/2014 6:23:25 PM
Thanks for your input dh2 i appreciate it!!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Could some of the ladies out there review my profile