Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Ok if you do Not like to give oral sex explain why an do you expect i      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 1
Ok if you do Not like to give oral sex explain why an do you expect it in return?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
So im curious for those out here who I don't care male or female gay bi or straight...

are you somebody who does Not like to give oral sex or never have given it..

what is your story as to why not??

an if you Don't give do you expect the person your intimate with to give you oral sex anyways?? isn't that a bit selfish on your end that you want tongue pleasure but you refuse to give it back or even try....HMMM....
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 2
Ok if you do Not like to give oral sex explain why an do you expect it in return?
Posted: 1/13/2014 1:19:12 PM
@ rainydaywoman55

did you know all this before hand an thought he would change?? an what was his reason for never giving??
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
Ok if you do Not like to give oral sex explain why an do you expect it in return?
Posted: 1/13/2014 2:13:50 PM
It is a puzzling predicament. It is something that I too have experienced in the recent past.
One woman whom I was with advised me she could only climax that way...yet she was unwilling to reciprocate.
I figured she would note my eagerness, enthusiasm, and excitement...and would grow on her...yet that wasn't the case.
Despite my meticulous (borderline fanatical) grooming, it almost made me feel like I was dirty or something.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2014 3:24:00 PM

like I was dirty or something

It's not AT ALL about that. It's that some men ruin it for women early on with really bad BJ manners. It sets up a negative association.

If it were hygiene that would be rare and could be fixed very easily with a male, so it most likely would not make such an impact that the female would have a universal aversion to giving oral sex.

DragonBits
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/13/2014 3:33:28 PM
BJ manners, I missed that column. Been listing to Miss Manners for a long time, maybe it's on her web site?

What are BJ manners?
 OutMind
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/13/2014 5:06:59 PM
It's not AT ALL about that. It's that some men ruin it for women early on with really bad BJ manners.

Interesting. What are bad BJ manners?

Switch TV sporting events while getting a BJ. Tennis to golf, okay. Football to tennis, no way.

Texting people while getting a BJ. Particularly an old gf. Big no no.

Jumping off the couch when she inadvertently uses her teeth.

Failing to say, "oh, yeah baby" for longer than five minutes.

Switching lanes on the highway without putting the signal.

Ordering food for her at the restaurant without having talked about it before. Or staring at the waitress with glassy eyes even if you are really not looking at her.

Trying to type Forum post before sheeeeeh finished and you can't holddddd ittttt annnnny mo re.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2014 5:23:31 PM

What are BJ manners?

For me, and/or what my female friends have complained about, they are:

1) No coming up to your woman while she's working, reading, watching Tv or otherwise sitting down occupied from the side to glance over to see a penis sticking out of a zipper ... especially detrimental when combined with the words "wanna suck it?'.

2) No withholding your orgasm purposely to the expense of the discomfort of your partner's poor jaws.

3) No waiting until you see the first tampon wrapper in the bathroom trash can to suddenly be 'so horny' and have to have relief.

4) No gagging, pushing the head down, holding the head down or holding the head still in an awkward position unless she likes that and gives you cues she's into it.

5) No "accidental" orgasms when the female was expecting sex and thought it was foreplay. Especially detrimental when paired with "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, it just felt so good."

6) No "accidental" orgasms if the female requests that you pull.

7) No coming into the bathroom while she is getting ready to go somewhere or waxing or whatever and locking the door behind you (to keep others out) for a "quicky" BJ

It's nice, to give a "I'm going to cum" warning so the female can position correctly or in the position she prefers.

I've honestly never experienced or heard any of my female friends site hygiene as a complaint, though i'm sure it happens.

What do guys think are good oral sex manners?
 OutMind
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/13/2014 6:14:07 PM

What do guys think are good oral sex manners?

She brings you a beer before you start.

She pulls the zipper all the way down so you are not suddenly going "oh my god," as your scrotum is stuck in the zipper.

She brushes her teeth before giving you a Bj after eating super hot chicken wings.

She waits for the commercial before finishing you off.
 MsMicki
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2014 7:53:56 PM

compared to over 80% of men who do

Oh now that's the funniest thing I've read here in a long time!
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/13/2014 9:28:45 PM
Shoot, I better stop talking about how enthusiastically I enjoy doing it or my posts will be categorized as billboarding! ;-)
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:54:28 PM
I've always assumed it was the same reason for all the differences between humans. That is, that there is no connection between giving and receiving, other than that it's the same person doing both. What I mean is, the two experiences are completely different, physiologically.

Some people like to be on top, but not on the bottom. Some people like to tie their partner up, but don't want to be tied up. Some people want to have more than one member of the attractive sex in their beds at the same time, but don't enjoy being with their primary partner, and another like themselves.

Kind of like the fact that most people love to get paid, but don't so much get off on handing money to other people.
 radicaldudemanguy
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/14/2014 1:09:50 AM
I wont do it if she be stankin like an old fishing boat when them panties come off. Also if there is hair everywhere its not enjoyable in my teeth and throat. I wont expect it if I am not giving it, I would just bend her over and go to town.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/14/2014 9:25:47 AM

1) No coming up to your woman while she's working, reading, watching Tv or otherwise sitting down occupied from the side to glance over to see a penis sticking out of a zipper ... especially detrimental when combined with the words "wanna suck it?'.

"Well, ladies first right?"

2) No withholding your orgasm purposely to the expense of the discomfort of your partner's poor jaws.

I don't believe they have much control over it but they can try (saying "stop", claiming to need to re-adjust a position, taking your face into their hands and thereby stopping you for a few secs for the moment to pass, asking you an unrelated question). Look into their eyes while blowing him, he won't be able to purposely hold anything, look at him like blowing him like its the only thing you want to do in life, lol.

3) No waiting until you see the first tampon wrapper in the bathroom trash can to suddenly be 'so horny' and have to have relief.

For scumbags like that, say "well, I'm not bleeding from my a$$, so if you rim me, I can s*ck it"., But wait......if she has a tampon, blood is not going to transcend it (if you know your flow), so he can still eat her out before or after his BJ, problem solved!

4) No gagging, pushing the head down, holding the head down or holding the head still in an awkward position unless she likes that and gives you cues she's into it.

That's a rule set in stone, if you attempt to hold my head so you can force your d*ck farther than I can take it, I'm gonna stop right there and then. There's a way to still do this and accomplish results, it requires that the woman be on her back (on a bed, sofa, flat comfy surface) while he's standing up and he is inserting his penis in her mouth while holding her head. This angle allows the penis to go in a little further, just like 69 with the woman on top, angle aligns the penis with the throat.

There is something about men visualizing "f*cking your face" that takes them over the edge and they forget we need that same hole to breathe. It's one of those favors you do when they've been really good, let them do it for a little bit, that little bit is priceless, lmao. They sell numbing spray (for your throat) at Adamn & Eve. The good ones numb your throat, the bad ones numb his d*ck, whomp whomp!

5) No "accidental" orgasms when the female was expecting sex and thought it was foreplay. Especially detrimental when paired with "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, it just felt so good."

This would only fail if he is not able to recuperate in a few minutes, nothing like taking the edge off with a blow job, since the sex will last longer after the first orgasm. Now, if they can't perform after that, then he better reciprocate with some oral until he can get it up again, I mean, what else are we supposed to do, you left us waiting!

It goes two ways, you can tell he is going to blow because his balls start to tighten up and the penis gets really really stiff, and you feel tension in your mouth or your hands (if you are doing both). Another clue is that they get really still or try to move their legs (usually right leg) to contain themselves.

No one has surprised me yet but when that day that happens, I will slap his penis so hard, he won't be able to enjoy the orgasm he just had, or flick one of his balls with my fingers. Bet he won't do that again. Anything thereafter, I'm stopping once a sense some tension.

7) No coming into the bathroom while she is getting ready to go somewhere or waxing or whatever and locking the door behind you (to keep others out) for a "quicky" BJ

What? that's ridiculous, who gave them the idea they are in control of quickie BJs? Only we can decide that, after all, we are the one's performing, so we decide when we want to do a quickie BJ. I've not once been told "no, not now". I once decided a quickie BJ was in order right in front of the toaster oven which was heating up pizza, if it binged, it was time to stop. Let's just say the pizza got really really hot (he kept moving the dial, lol), and it was delicious by the time I ate it, Bing!

It's nice, to give a "I'm going to cum" warning so the female can position correctly or in the position she prefers.

Lol, I panic when I hear that, because I then start to think about what I want it to look like: Do I want it to shoot up and see how far it goes, do I want it to drip over my hands like candle wax, do I attempt to do it upside down so he gets a deeper feeling before he blows, do I want it to shoot into a specific place, or do I loosen up and let him jerk it off and decide on his own. Choices, choices, become a dime a dozen at the last minute.

I've honestly never experienced or heard any of my female friends site hygiene as a complaint, though i'm sure it happens.

It depends. If he believes that shaking it after peeing is good enough, his penis smells like dried pee by the time it is presented to your mouth, or if you catch him by surprise. Once, I assaulted him as he came home from the gym, oh my God, bad idea!, but I went through with it. There was another point in which it began to smell (to me) and I told him to see someone about it, his doctor said that it was because he started to shave (for me) so his sweating pattern changed in the absence of hair, producing an odor. He switched to trimming which worked out.

Some men do not wipe their a$$es thoroughly, so you end up in funky town if you go past the end of their balls, into the bridge to chocolate town, lmao.

Eric, I'm sure there was nothing wrong with your equipment, she was just selfish. She probably enjoyed herself so much, she didn't want to ruin it by a bad performance on her part. How enthusiastic would you had been at giving, if she were really bad at performing a BJ? Did she suffer from a locked jaw? I know someone who developed locked jaw from grinding her teeth, so she couldn't perform a BJ because it would cause her to be left hanging (literally), and it's painful.

In terms of giving and receiving, I think both men and women suffer from the same problem...consistency. Anytime you stop, you're starting all over again, hint...don't f*cking stop! Both activities are equally challenging so I don't even want to hear the whole "but I can't breathe down there after a while". I rather give because it takes me too long when I'm on the receiving end, as a consequence of them not being to stay in the same position for a few minutes. If men could just stay in the same f*cking position (we find pleasurable) for 3 straight minutes, the world would be a better place.

Disclaimer: "past victories do not guarantee future outcomes" (lawyer lingo) so please don't message me. This is not an attempt to billboard.
 DragonBits
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/14/2014 10:04:42 AM
BJ manners, it is interesting to see what women think. I can see where they are coming :) from, but didn't know they gave it so much thought.

Crude, and not such a surprise. I like surprises more, fcking using lube while she is sleeping is more of a surprise move.

When I was much younger I would hold back but no point in holding back now since I don't orgasm quickly. I guess it's a matter of judgment how long is too long.

I am aware of menstrual cycles, but I can use a calendar. Some women like fcking more than oral but don't like the messiness of doing so during menstrual cycles. My desire for oral tends to vary a little depending on how hot / responsive she is in fcking Vs how good the oral is. I wouldn't give up on either activity, but the ratio of oral to fcking varies, 60/40 to 15/85%. By ratio I mean to completion, not just playing around. Oral foreplay I have no idea of the ratio, I am not aware of it so much.

As to relief, just don't play around with the controls and then expect me to go back to sleep. Hands off if you aren't serious about sex that night, it's hard to get back to sleep when aroused.

I have no desire for someone to gag, but I do like aggressively holding her head, holding her hands, etc. An awkward position for her would lessen my pleasure as well. But it would be hard for me to always be passive. Never say never, maybe it could work.

I don't have such accidents. But sometimes oral is foreplay, sometimes the main event and fcking is foreplay.

I would pull, but it would eventually doom the relationship.

7) No coming into the bathroom while she is getting ready to go somewhere or waxing or whatever and locking the door behind you (to keep others out) for a "quicky" BJ.

In my experience, more likely she will do this than I. But there is no such thing for me as a quicky, so it would end up as teasing. But sometimes I am a little annoyed at getting no privacy in the bathroom, but not so much as to get pissed about it or chase her out.

One a related note, I once saw a hotel room where the bathrooms had glass walls.

Whatever floats her boat regarding warnings. Deepthroat oral it doesn't seem to matter, otherwise it does matter, so I am OK with announcing the arrival. Not too many can go deep.

Some men do not wipe their a$$es thoroughly, so you end up in funky town if you go past the end of their balls, into the bridge to chocolate town, lmao.

The advantages of men using a bidet hose sprayer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never felt anything negative about oral sex, either giving or receiving. To me it's all part of a normal sex life, I enjoy BJ more than average, give oral as much as she wants. If oral were out of the question, we wouldn't be compatible. I would feel a little strange if she didn't like receiving oral, it hasn't happened so I don't know how I would react.

Though eventually I am aggressive about receiving, so it's more like fcking than being passive. Not at first, since I don't know about her gag reflexes, temperament, etc. So I go with the flow of what she is comfortabile with, but all things being equal, I am more aggressive after getting to know someone well.

That's a rule set in stone, if you attempt to hold my head so you can force your d*ck farther than I can take it, I'm gonna stop right there and then.

IMO it's more erotic that way, though I am aware of the need to breath, so it takes a certain amount of control on my part to not get carried away. So one has to push but not too much. My first GF could get down to her nose buried in my pelvis in a spooning sort of position. Probably caused unrealistic expectation for decades. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both activities are equally challenging so I don't even want to hear the whole "but I can't breathe down there after a while".

Not a problem, I had practiced holding my breath for 3 minutes for this very reason.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oral manners on her part? I haven't had a lot of complaints about women concerning this.

1) Don't get up right after, go the the bathroom and spit it all out. That was a turnoff.

2) Someone did split my lip once, but while surprising, it was kind of a compliment.

3) I wash my hands before, once I ate Mexican chiles, it wasn't a good thing. And there are UTI to be concerned about. But this is about my manners.

4) Don't be fussy about messiness.

I think most of oral for me is more about preferences rather than manners. Such as don't suck hard after I cum, I am too sensitive at that point.

Maybe she don’t like oral at all, or doesn''t want me to cum in her mouth, that isn't manners, that is a preference.

I don't think reciprocity is the right way to think of it. Not tit for tat, but things should end up to be roughly equal in some way. Whatever she enjoys and is responsive to, I enjoy. What is pleasureful to me varies somewhat depending on what my parnter enjoys, but I always like oral.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2014 11:11:00 AM
I think I worded my question wrong. What do the guys think are 'good manners' for the woman who is receiving oral sex?

If men could just stay in the same f*cking position (we find pleasurable) for 3 straight minutes, the world would be a better place.

Lol. I hear that. I've never finished just from oral. One time I was 'right there' I said the persons name (then couldn't speak), tried again saying the name, (then couldn't speak), and he popped his head up and said "yes?" lol. I was trying to say "don't move" but it wouldn't come out.

usmale6
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/14/2014 11:58:24 AM
Whatever happened to love?

When you love someone, you'll think they are giving you more than your fair share.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/14/2014 12:47:14 PM

I don't have such accidents. But sometimes oral is foreplay, sometimes the main event and fcking is foreplay.

That's what it feels like when you don't orgasm, lol, like the whole thing was a big tease.

IMO it's more erotic that way, though I am aware of the need to breath, so it takes a certain amount of control on my part to not get carried away. So one has to push but not too much. My first GF could get down to her nose buried in my pelvis in a spooning sort of position. Probably caused unrealistic expectation for decades. :)

I get it, but that position allows for such. Just recreate it with someone else.

Not a problem, I had practiced holding my breath for 3 minutes for this very reason.

Way to go dude! you're ahead of the race. Now package that sh*t and send it to all men.

Such as don't suck hard after I cum, I am too sensitive at that point.

That's a punishment, a way to cross boundaries. I know damn sure I can't stand it after I orgasm, so if they continue (which they think it's fun), it won't be enjoyable. Can I just enjoy mine and be left alone for a few seconds? ugh!

I've never finished just from oral.

That's a shame, I hope you don't give it, because it's soooooo goooood. It's a different kind of O from any other form.

One time I was 'right there' I said the persons name (then couldn't speak), tried again saying the name, (then couldn't speak), and he popped his head up and said "yes?" lol. I was trying to say "don't move" but it wouldn't come out.

I've been there too many times, I've concluded they are f*cking idiots (like they are challenged when it comes to that). There are so many things we lick and suck in life for way longer than a few seconds, why can't they perfect this skill? We all get lollipops, caramel apples, jolly ranchers, ice cream about to drip from a cone or cup, cheesy fingers, the bottom of a candy tube or the cheese container of a crackers and cheese dip. Doesn't it feel good to try to lick the last bit of cheese from that little cheese dip tray? right? I think I'm gonna put some cheese on it next time, lol.

WTF? Don't men know that's exactly what we mean when we say their name? I mean really?

I've always thought that if they call my name during a BJ, it means to continue doing what I am doing, exactly the way I'm doing it.

Gosh, men ruining it in so many ways...right when you're about you O, they magically decide they can do better and end up moving away from the target, lmao, just keep doing what you're doing, in the same pace, with the same force. Is that so hard?
 MsMicki
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2014 1:04:28 PM
No coming up to your woman while she's working, reading, watching Tv or otherwise sitting down occupied from the side to glance over to see a penis sticking out of a zipper ... especially detrimental when combined with the words "wanna suck it?'.

well that would be your "manners" rule....definitely not every woman's rule.
My thought when seeing a penis sticking out of a zipper is....Wooot!

I don't believe they have much control over it but they can try (saying "stop", claiming to need to re-adjust a position, taking your face into their hands and thereby stopping you for a few secs for the moment to pass, asking you an unrelated question). Look into their eyes while blowing him, he won't be able to purposely hold anything, look at him like blowing him like its the only thing you want to do in life, lol.

Many men have complete control over their orgasms...bless their little hearts!

There's a way to still do this and accomplish results, it requires that the woman be on her back (on a bed, sofa, flat comfy surface) while he's standing up and he is inserting his penis in her mouth while holding her head. This angle allows the penis to go in a little further, just like 69 with the woman on top, angle aligns the penis with the throat.

Nope.....doesn't work for me!
I can deep throat, but I need to be in front of him between his knees or under him in the 69 position.

No one has surprised me yet but when that day that happens, I will slap his penis so hard, he won't be able to enjoy the orgasm he just had, or flick one of his balls with my fingers. Bet he won't do that again

WTF? Really?
I just prefer to think I'm so good he couldn't help himself!
I couldn't imagine causing a man pain just because he came because of what I was doing to him!!

It goes two ways, you can tell he is going to blow because his balls start to tighten up and the penis gets really really stiff, and you feel tension in your mouth or your hands (if you are doing both). Another clue is that they get really still or try to move their legs (usually right leg) to contain themselves.

Men are no different than woman....every man has his own tell tale signs.
My mans balls draw up just from having an erection....not an indication he is going to blow.

My point.....the only way to know anything for sure....is to pay attention to your partners "signs" and not base anything on what a previous partner did.

Edited to add: Maybe his last partner liked it when changing things up.......and you ^ don't!
Only way for him to know this.....is to tell him!
Calling men idiots sure as heck isn't going to get you the much sought after "O"!
 JeremyD4789
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2014 2:37:37 PM
"a survey that less than 30% of women like to give, compared to over 80% of men who do."
Sounds right to me. You old people gotta remember you're old, and don't represent the majority anymore. I know your generation didn't do much oral, but mine, particularly the men, are much more into it.
Now, surveys like that are usually given to college aged people, so that number is probably a little inflated for the general population, but for my generation I don't doubt it for a second.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2014 3:22:52 PM
Lol....sorry young buck, but your age group is significantly outnumbered by these that are the two highest:

35- 39
40-44

Your age group is also having less sex (thankfully) and safer sex (using protection) than the "old folk" did. From a study done less than 5 years ago examining sexuality throughout decades comparing "now" to "then":

During the 1970s and 1980s at least, more teenagers became
sexually active, and they had sex more frequently, with more partners, and at younger
ages.

There may have been a rise in oral sex, though, because of easier accessibility to porn, women being more proactive about their sexuality and the thought that it's safer sex.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2014 5:18:23 PM
Huh, cover your eyes for this one, young one, unless you want grandma/grandpa images (hey, you brought up the age and oral sex thing) :D

Sexual activity reported among the 3,005 men and women who participated in the survey did decrease with age, particularly among the oldest participants -- from 73 percent among those 57 to 64 years of age to 53 percent among those 65 to 74 years of age to 26 percent among those 75 to 85 years of age.

Among the survey's many discoveries was that about half of those 57 to 75 years of age who remained sexually active reported engaging in oral sex.

More than half of men and a quarter of women said they had masturbated during the previous year, a figure that remained constant whether they were sexually active or not.
 MsMicki
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2014 7:20:36 PM

I know your generation didn't do much oral, but mine, particularly the men, are much more into it.

so ... just how many men have given YOU oral??!!!
I'd rather hear from a woman your age as to what she is experiencing compared to what your friends are boasting about!!
 radicaldudemanguy
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/14/2014 9:22:43 PM
I would take oral from a granny if she offered, anyone else?
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/15/2014 1:52:58 AM
You old people gotta remember............
Oh crap, WTH did I come in here for?...... I'm sure I left it in here somewhere? Maybe it's under the bed? No? Hmmmm maybe it's in the bed, under the covers. Oh Yes! OOOOO There you are!
LMAO! NOPE, NOT too old to give or get, yet!
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/15/2014 7:48:10 AM
Different strokes for different folks Micki
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Ok if you do Not like to give oral sex explain why an do you expect it in return?