Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Could use a hand      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 2
Could use a hand Page 1 of 1    
Can't see your eyes behind those sunglasses. Women want to see your eyes and smile.

START OVER. Read the Profile Writing Tips highlighted in green. Your profile is an advertisement- a marketing piece- to help you meet the kind of women you want to date. The best profiles are well written, upbeat and interesting, with a dash of humor. Internet dating is a written, visual medium. Correct spelling and grammar are important because it shows you care about details. Write in short paragraphs. Nobody wants to read a wall of words.

Describe your best characteristics and strengths, activities you enjoy, and what you are looking for in a relationship. Talk a little about the type of woman you want to meet using personality traits.

You have 8 seconds to make a good impression. Women will see your main photo as a tiny pic the size of a saltine cracker on their cell phone screens. If your main photo is not clear, bright and attractive, they move on. A genuine smile is inviting, warm and attractive. Women want to see your eyes and smile.

Please get new photos taken outdoors for better lighting, and with a quality digital camera, not a fuzzy cell phone. Your main photo should be a head-and-shoulder shot, showing you SMILING and looking at the camera. You also need one full body shot, again taken outdoors and smiling.

Other pictures should show you outdoors, doing activities you enjoy. No hats, sunglasses, alcohol or stupid poses. You must be in every picture. Ask a friend to take 24 pictures of you outdoors with a digital camera, wearing different clothes in various locations. Upload the best 8. Caption and date each photo-giving the location and year- to make the photos more interesting and clear.

Interests should be ACTIVITIES you enjoy and would enjoy doing with a woman. Choose 12 or 15 activities. Since interests are displayed in three columns, this will give you three equal columns that look sharp on your profile.

Your headline should be short and upbeat, and say something about you. "Life is Amazing!" is my headline.

Good luck in your romantic search.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Could use a hand
Posted: 1/13/2014 5:22:41 PM
Nothing says sexy like a guy photo of a guy playing xbox.

You like movies, music socializing and travel. So basically the same things that EVERY SINGLE HUMAN ON THE PLANET LIKES! You may as well say 'I like, sleeping, eating food, drinking liquids, breathing in oxygen'

Be more specific

What makes YOU, YOU?!?! Why should someone date you over every other guy on this site??
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Could use a hand
Posted: 1/13/2014 5:35:11 PM

I decided to post here to get other people's opinions and to see what it is i am missing.

What you're missing is a PROFILE. You've provided nothing but a snippet. We're not going to write the profile for you. So, take whatever it was that you felt was too long and tweak, delete and add to that. Why people think that not making a profile too long means making a profile completely devoid of detail is something I'll never understand.
 gcdeb
Msg: 7
Could use a hand
Posted: 1/13/2014 6:52:58 PM
Gang hand signs, or "rock on" or whatever they are, are the male equivalent of the "duckface" photo for girls.

They just look stupid, not cool. Great for a facebook page, but not for a dating profile. When you get your new pics, make sure there are no females in them, unless it's a group type of photo (and then make sure your caption identifies you in the photo).

When you do your rewrite, don't say anything about the girls messaging to know more. They have many options on here and will click on to the next profile where the guy *has* made the effort to provide a complete profile so she doesn't *have* to message to find some info about him.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 8
Could use a hand
Posted: 1/14/2014 12:47:38 AM
My suggestion is to remove both the gaming photo *and* the gaming interest.
That is a hobby that is of interest to only the tiniest proportion of women.
Play computer games on your own spare time, yet do not highlight to women...it will not generate interest.
Good luck with your romantic search!
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 9
Could use a hand
Posted: 1/14/2014 2:21:21 AM
Yes the pics are really, really bad. Shades and some chick in the main. An Xbox controller and the crotch of your pin-up in the second one. Third one you're just a small blur.

What you wrote is very much generic and uninteresting. First sentence is unnecessary (put your name in the proper box, and you already said where you live). Second sentence is the biggest cliches on here. Third sentence is just a repetition of your interests box. Listening to any music is the second biggest cliche on here. You want to travel the world, where do you want to go? Do you mean sites or sights?

Last sentence unnecessary, they know what to do.

You really need to put in a whole lot more effort to be successful on here. You have to stand out in a woman's memory to get anywhere. What stands out about you? I read your profile 2 minutes ago and the only thing I can remember is that you like computer games and you have a bikini line in your photo.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Could use a hand