Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LightYears80
Msg: 1
Profile review pleasePage 1 of 1    
Hi,

Can I get some feedback on my profile please? Any suggestions for some improvement would be appreciated. I feel like its well written but maybe too serious?

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=67867918
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 2
Profile review please
Posted: 1/15/2014 9:20:53 PM
Your ruminations about traveling are good for a travel blog, but don't say much about you. Where's your smile? You are a handsome man.

Describe your best characteristics and strengths, activities you enjoy, and what you are looking for in a relationship. Talk a little about the type of woman you want to meet using personality traits.

You have 8 seconds to make a good impression. Women will see your main photo as a tiny pic the size of a saltine cracker on their cell phone screens. If your main photo is not clear, bright and attractive, they move on. A genuine smile is inviting, warm and attractive. Women want to see your eyes and smile.

Please get new photos taken outdoors for better lighting, and with a quality digital camera, not a fuzzy cell phone. Your main photo should be a head-and-shoulder shot, showing you SMILING and looking at the camera. You also need one full body shot, again taken outdoors and smiling.

Other pictures should show you outdoors, doing activities you enjoy. No hats, sunglasses, alcohol or stupid poses. You must be in every picture. Ask a friend to take 24 pictures of you outdoors with a digital camera, wearing different clothes in various locations. Upload the best 8. Caption and date each photo-giving the location and year- to make the photos more interesting and clear.

Interests should be ACTIVITIES you enjoy and would enjoy doing with a woman. Choose 12 or 15 activities. Since interests are displayed in three columns, this will give you three equal columns that look sharp on your profile.

Good luck in your romantic search.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
Profile review please
Posted: 1/15/2014 9:39:51 PM
Pretty solid profile as it stands.
Nice colorful photographs, too.

My suggestion is to eliminate most of your inbound email restrictions. As a 33 y.o. male you will *never* be so inundated that you are unable to sort them manually. If a woman inadvertently marked that she "wanted friendship" when creating her POF profile two years ago...she would now be unable to contact you due to your stringent inbound POF message restrictions.
 LightYears80
Msg: 4
Profile review please
Posted: 1/16/2014 6:19:47 PM
thanks for the feedback. So far I haven't had much success with my profile but maybe I'll just wait it out a bit.
 tatersprout
Msg: 5
Profile review please
Posted: 1/16/2014 7:57:48 PM
Nice profile.
Could use a shot of excitement or enthusiasm--reads a bit quiet.
Split up paragraph 2.
Couple of minor grammar errors, but all in all, it's very solid.
What are your initial messages like?
 LightYears80
Msg: 6
Profile review please
Posted: 6/6/2014 4:33:42 PM
bumping an old thread instead of starting a new one.

Can I get some feedback again? Made a few changes.
 LightYears80
Msg: 7
Profile review please
Posted: 6/8/2014 7:41:24 AM
Thanks for the feedback, you make some valid points haha. I'm going to clean up the writeup and try again.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review please