Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > No one even looks at my profile anymore!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sparky1892
Msg: 1
No one even looks at my profile anymore!Page 1 of 1    
Hi everyone.

Could some of you possibly have a look at my profile, and tell me what you think of both my pictures and profile text please. What impression does it give you of me as a person.

Kind regards

Sparky1892
 Ainen
Msg: 2
No one even looks at my profile anymore!
Posted: 1/26/2014 7:04:07 AM
Make your pic with Elly your main. Views should spike. I get a lot more views when my pups are in my main.

Get a photo of you playing the guitar. Many gals like guitar pics.

Increased views when your main isn't a closeup of your face don't translate into more interest. Animal lovers will view you even if they know they're not interested. In addition, if your main is faraway or unclear, they might view you to see the closeup pics, some liking the closeups, some not.

No need to repeat your name and age.

The "must have a picture" restriction is a nuisance. If a girl messages you first, the site will add, "Dear username,the following pictures are attached because you have the picture setting..." And her pics will clog up the conversation.
Posted: 1/26/2014 7:04:44 AM
Everyone loves a dog , and they are good conversation starters, so make that your main until you get new ones.
It's the only flattering one of you also.

Expect to e mail women, as cowboy said.
Not many are going to do the initial e mailing.

I hate "Hi I am blah blah" beginnings personally.JMO of course.
You don't need to state your age again, nor do you imply you expect women to e mail you and your dog.
It's rather boring.
I wouldn't mention video games at your age, big turn off imo.
Implies you are boring to me also.
Football is almost a give me, name your fav team/player instead.
Add more interests unless you don't have any.Something a woman may enjoy doing with you hopefully.

First date? AGAIN..boring.
A meal? zzzzzzzzzzzzz

You say you are the class clown and have a crazy sense of humor, but I see no humor or creativity anywhere in that profile.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2014 11:10:38 AM
As above, no evidence of 'crazy humor' in fact your profile is pretty dry.

Remember yo are trying to find a woman so, try and think of things women like too, so far your likes are....
Lee Evens
Jim Carrey
Seth Rogan
Family Guy
Jackass
Bing Bang Theory
tai chi
martial arts.
Pink Floyd

These traditionally (and I know I am stereotyping here) are things that guys like, and girls not so much, those that do are few and far between and get swept up quickly. Try and add a few things that you think girls might like too, you mention reading, what authors do you like? Any tv shows/movies you like that arnt screw-ball comedies?

Talking about the dog is a nice touch:)
 ScooterSB
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2015 1:16:09 PM
BUMP

one review each, here's your old one. Maybe apply the advice you have already been given before asking for more.
 Where_Is_My_Muse
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/2/2015 4:12:25 PM
Looks good to me. It's honest, concise, and seems like you're a nice, laid back guy and have time to give to someone else.

Of course, everyone here typically tells you to be a unique snowflake, despite by definition most people aren't unique snowflakes and don't generally appreciate unique snowflakes in practice.
 Deedeelogan
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/2/2015 4:51:50 PM
You're in your mid-30's and you're undecided about having children? Tick tock tick tock. Women in your age group know the answer to that question and are looking for a man who's on the same page as her and that's how they set their search options.

At your age you don't have a car and I'm not sure about the stability of your job - musician. Could be unemployed.

Then you have a sparse About Me. This is where you have to shine to make up for the above red flags. You have to write about your goals, what its like to date you, places you'd like to travel to, what you're looking for in a woman, and what its like to date you. You have huge odds to overcome so you have to write a sparkling About Me to attract a woman.

Good luck.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2015 5:08:51 PM
You have been here for years and it may be time to get a new profile done and start afresh. You are old news now.

However a musician and no car?? Not going to be at the top of any girl's wishlist I am afraid.

Dont expect a woman to message you first for any information. Just not going to happen. You need to be pro active and play the numbers game.

You need a full length shot and get rid of any that are not just of you alone. The dog is adorable but we still cant see what you look like.

What can be a drawback is not something you can change, so I wont mention that. No long term relationships??? Also a red flag.
 Where_Is_My_Muse
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/2/2015 5:54:59 PM
You realize he lives in the UK, right? Where he's at may have a more than adequate public transit system, and may even be a disadvantage to own a car a la NYC.

The music thing, too, while it's rougher than it used to be pretty much everywhere, it may not necessarily be the career death kneel that it is here in the U.S.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2015 10:49:23 PM
NYC and London I can understand no vehicle perhaps. The guy lives near Newcastle in the UK and having no car raises all sorts of issue to women who have their choices online and will just press next, I am afraid. He may have a steady career as a musician and earn decent money, but it does not appear very likely.
 Deedeelogan
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/3/2015 8:24:35 AM
Most of my relatives live in the UK & according to the above, they must all be anomalies because they all own cars, all uncles, aunts, cousins, and now their children if they're of driving age. Even my aunt and uncle who live in London have 2 cars and one motorbike. My relatives are a bunch of weirdos owning cars in a country where they don't need them? It is easier to get around London on public transit than on the car-congested streets - I've rented cars in the UK and just crawled through London. Where were all these cars coming from anyway if they're not needed there and no one has them? I've also taken trains from London to visit relatives in other parts of England, where they picked me up at the station in their car. What about the time I was driving north on the motorway out of London and all these cars were flying past me at 90mph+? Where are all these cars coming from if no one in the UK needs to own cars? Sorry I totally disagree based on my own observations during my visits to the UK. Buses and trains are not stopping at castles, ruins, other tourist attractions, cute hotels out by the lake, and pubs out in the country serving strawberry cream teas. The type of places a woman would like to visit on dates. You need cars to get to these places. Not to mention to go shopping, to dr's appointments, etc, no different than here.

We're just pointing out the woman's point of view on what are red flags on online dating sites. A man has to write an exceptional About Me if he wants a woman to choose him instead of her moving on to the next profile where the man has a car, has a job that shows he can afford to go out on dates, and knows which side of the fence he stands on when it comes to major life decisions. All the above show responsibility and maturity and if the man is long term relationship material.

The OP hasn't made any good changes to his profile. He has a handful of sentences that repeat information that is already mentioned in his stats or interests. Then he spends a couple of sentences talking about a disability. Then he throws in a cliché that he's looking for a fun, easy going woman to spend quality time with. And tops it off with: "If you like what you see, drop a line!" What's there to see and like. Who would drop a line? And that's not being mean, its just being honest. There are lots of men on POF who've made a bigger effort. And those are the men that women will message.

OP - the next time you go in to edit your profile at the bottom of the page you'll see POF has put together a video on how to write a great profile. It takes a few minutes and then take their tips on how to write a profile that will make you stand out. And use the photo of yourself and the dog as your main. Women who like dogs will almost always click on that profile. Then you have to step up your writing to get her to stick around and read it. Good luck.
 Where_Is_My_Muse
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/3/2015 3:10:49 PM
Tough crowd...
 ScooterSB
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2015 3:22:28 PM
I live in the UK and I don't own a car, public transport is ok, but more importantly owning a car is not the status symbol it is in other countries, and not owning a car does not have any stigma to it. Owning or not owning a car in UK simply isn't a big deal. Again I don't own a car and get plenty of dates, some of the women have had cars, some have not. It honestly is a non-issue.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2015 3:27:25 PM
however

Profession Musician

My hobbies include playing guitar and piano

Is more concerning. Which is it, a job or a hobby? Do you get paid to make & perform music, or is that more of a pipe dream?

Women do like to know a guy can support himself and has a stable lifestyle. Be very clear in your profile about what your job is.
 Forums_only
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/29/2016 6:59:51 AM
HERE IS ONE OF THE OTHER 4 PROFILE REVIEW REQUESTS YOU'VE HAD

You've had some good advice in your other threads, but nobody has mentioned your 'Intent' - WANTS TO DATE BUT NOTHING SERIOUS.

Who will take you seriously if you're not looking for anything (ultimately) serious? That's called looking for a f*ckbuddy.

You will also run into the height factor (yes, some women are just that shallow) so you'll need brilliant photos showing you smiling and actually looking like you'd be fun to spend time with.

I know a few guys on this site you height that have had great success meeting women but they have great photos and clever profiles. You still have some work to do.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/29/2016 7:12:13 AM
Doh, shoulda checked. Seems like I wasted my time, he didn't even reply to the helpful suggestions on ANY of the other threads.

See you again in 3 or 4 years OP ;)
 Forums_only
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/23/2018 11:45:54 PM
BUMP 2018

Still not much of a profile for someone almost 40.

Add some BIG smiling photos. You will need the best physical impression to get past those that won't get past 5'6".

Add a couple more Interests - favourite comedian? travel destination? Music group or artist?

Add a line or two about who you'd like to meet - focus on personality traits, humour - are you OK with someone who may already have a child(ren)?

Remove the incoming email restrictions until such time as you are overwhelmed with incoming emails.
 bearcat44
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/18/2018 6:28:32 PM
Time to think about things a little bit. Watch these vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVXdxaaRiAU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pPGijYBaVE&t=53s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npBKT6ZV9Xg
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > No one even looks at my profile anymore!