Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Could it be my breath?? lol      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1ofdagoodguys67
Msg: 1
Could it be my breath?? lolPage 1 of 1    
Hi everyone!
I would really appreciate some advise to make my profile better. It seems to be the common problem, no one replying. I have sent probably close to 100 messages to ladies and nothing. Don't worry, you can tell me anything, I wont take offense to it! Thank you everyone!
 sandytm
Msg: 2
Could it be my breath?? lol
Posted: 1/28/2014 5:45:37 PM
1. Pics: Need better ones. No baby, bf, nor meme pics. Get some photos taken outdoors.
2. I don't want to know about your siblings and grandchildren. Just tell us if your children live with you.
3. We know your age and general features from the specs up top and photos. No need to repeat them. It also says "About Louie", so don't repeat your name.
4. Get rid of last two sentences. You should add what you need now, it's not a blog you keep updating and women know to contact you, but you'll be doing most of the initial contacts.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/28/2014 6:36:37 PM
We can't see your face in your main picture. Delete the photo with your grown daughter. Don't use photos of yourself with other women. That's poison on a dating website. Women assume you are married or in a relationship.

START OVER. Read the Profile Writing Tips highlighted in green. Your profile is an advertisement to help you meet the kind of women you want to date. The best profiles are well written, upbeat and interesting, with a dash of humor. Internet dating is a written, visual medium. Correct spelling and grammar are important because it shows you care about details. Write in short paragraphs. Nobody wants to read a wall of words.

Describe your best characteristics and strengths, activities you enjoy, and what you are looking for in a relationship. Talk a little about the type of woman you want to meet using personality traits.

You have 8 seconds to make a good impression. Women will see your main photo as a tiny pic the size of a saltine cracker on their cell phone screens. If your main photo is not clear, bright and attractive, they move on. A genuine smile is inviting, warm and attractive. Women want to see your eyes and smile.

Please get new photos taken outdoors for better lighting, and with a quality digital camera, not a fuzzy cell phone. Your main photo should be a head-and-shoulder shot, showing you SMILING and looking at the camera. You also need one full body shot, again taken outdoors and smiling.

Other pictures should show you outdoors, doing activities you enjoy. No hats, sunglasses, alcohol or stupid poses. You must be in every picture. Ask a friend to take 24 pictures of you outdoors with a digital camera, wearing different clothes in various locations. Upload the best 8. Caption and date each photo-giving the location and year- to make the photos more interesting and clear.

Interests should be ACTIVITIES you enjoy and would enjoy doing with a woman. Choose 12 or 15 activities. Since interests are displayed in three columns, this will give you three equal columns that look sharp on your profile.

Your headline should be short and upbeat, and say something about you. "Life is Amazing!" is my headline.

Good luck in your romantic search.
 tatersprout
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/28/2014 7:03:11 PM
Hi Louie,

If those aren't your bikes in the pics, get rid of them. Save them for your buddies. I love a nice Harley myself but pics posing with them is like a hunter posing with somebody else's dead deer.
Do the parents of that baby know she's on a dating site features in 3 photos?
Does your best friend know she is here, too?
Your main/primary pic should be a close up of your face. Many view the site on cell phones.

This is the only thing worth keeping:
I also love to travel, listen to live music, cook, go away for the weekend, some sporting events and even just sitting home spending a lazy Sunday together on the couch.

Write about your personality, what you do in free time. Elaborate on an interest. Don't write about children, grandchildren, friends, or family. They aren't coming on the dates.

Write about the woman you hope to meet.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/28/2014 7:08:27 PM
"I have sent probably close to 100 messages to ladies and nothing."
Trust me, Louie, it's not your breath. You have a LOT to learn about women and dating, but I give you points for at least coming to the right place to learn.
Your photos are mostly lousy, and your words are mostly lousy.
Let's begin - First you need a nice smiling photo of yourself, your pic #2 is good, and the pic with the yellow bike is good, delete the rest. You should have more than 2 pics, but it's not carved in stone.
Your words, however, are a disaster. That's why you are zero for 100, the words. I don't like your POF name, and I don't like your headline. You're a good guy? Prove it ! Don't tell us, SHOW us !!
That's your goal in life? To put another name on your body? Funny, no takers yet. Hmm, I wonder why , , , ,
Louie, isn't it obvious that having a bike and some space on your chest isn't enough to land you that great woman?
 Seki1949
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2014 1:52:02 AM
Your best friend looks uncomfortable in your bear grasp. And the adjoining pix has the B-word? Most women are long gone!

The woman in your life comes in 4th place after: 1. Your job 2. Your kids 3. Your motorcycle

Next!
 ouija2013
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/29/2014 4:48:14 AM
made me smile you say you have never met a girl worthy of having her name inked on you -
yet you are the dad of three daughters and you have a granddaughter!

remove the poster pix before your acct gets nuked

Nice bikes tho.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Could it be my breath?? lol