Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > looking to get some advice on my profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 4
looking to get some advice on my profilePage 1 of 1    
My suggestion is to remove the word "killer" in the closing sentence of your profile.
Think of your profile as a glossy advertising brochure. You want upbeat, fun, and happy.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 6
looking to get some advice on my profile
Posted: 1/29/2014 3:40:20 PM
You are massively jumping the gun by talking about baptizing your baby with your future wife. Add dark, unhappy photos and that's enough to scare women.

Your profile is an advertisement to help you meet the kind of women you want to date. The best profiles are well written, upbeat and interesting, with a dash of humor. Internet dating is a written, visual medium. Correct spelling and grammar are important because it shows you care about details. Write in short paragraphs. Nobody wants to read a wall of words.

Describe your best characteristics and strengths, activities you enjoy, and what you are looking for in a relationship. Talk a little about the type of woman you want to meet using personality traits.

You have 8 seconds to make a good impression. Women will see your main photo as a tiny pic the size of a saltine cracker on their cell phone screens. If your main photo is not clear, bright and attractive, they move on. A genuine smile is inviting, warm and attractive. Women want to see your eyes and smile.

Please get new photos taken outdoors for better lighting, and with a quality digital camera, not a fuzzy cell phone. Your main photo should be a head-and-shoulder shot, showing you SMILING and looking at the camera. You also need one full body shot, again taken outdoors and smiling.

Other pictures should show you outdoors, doing activities you enjoy. No hats, sunglasses, alcohol or stupid poses. You must be in every picture. Ask a friend to take 24 pictures of you outdoors with a digital camera, wearing different clothes in various locations. Upload the best 8. Caption and date each photo-giving the location and year- to make the photos more interesting and clear.

Interests should be ACTIVITIES you enjoy and would enjoy doing with a woman. Choose 12 or 15 activities. Since interests are displayed in three columns, this will give you three equal columns that look sharp on your profile.

Your headline should be short and upbeat, and say something about you. "Life is Amazing!" is my headline.

Good luck in your romantic search.
 tennistown
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/29/2014 4:01:14 PM

I’m not opposed to getting married in a church of having my children baptized if it important to my future wife, but it will only be important to me if it’s important to her.

^^^^^^ This statement in your profile seems too early and too soon.

Perhaps you should break bread and kiss her first.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/26/2014 12:52:53 PM
Much improved without the "heaviness" of the religious content written before.
All those kinds of discussions can occur later after you two have met each other.
Good job, keep up the solid work of continually improving it.
 tennistown
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/9/2014 2:23:14 PM

I'll be taking some tonight when I get home and posting them.

I suggest stopping before you get home, then taking a picture or two. You have enough indoor pictures from home.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > looking to get some advice on my profile