Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Advice      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 63Bob63
Msg: 1
AdvicePage 1 of 1    
My vacation is coming up again. Taking a month off to go south. Last winter I did a road trip down the west coast to San Diego, over to Tombstone, up to Flagstaff, over to Las Vegas, and then home up I 5. I really liked the Morro Bay area of CA. I'm thinking of either going to Morro Bay and just doing day trips from there, or going to the Galveston/Corpus Christi area of TX. This would be an extra day drive one way. I've been to TX. numerous times just not to the gulf coast. Any advice on what would make the better destination? Thanks
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 2
Advice
Posted: 2/2/2014 5:12:22 AM
I'm not familiar with Morro Bay. Carmel and Monterrey are very nice. I don't think much of Galveseton and Corpus Christi, but I liked San Antonio. Texas is a whole lotta ugly, IMO. I wouldn't bother with it unless it was on the way to something else. I have been all over the west and southwest. my favorite places are the Colorado Rockies (the drive between Durango and Montrose is especially nice), Jackson, Wyoming, between Santa Fe and Taos, New Mexico, the Four Corners area, and just about any place in Arizona except Phoenix/Scottsdale, but especially the Mogollon Rim area. Montana is lovely. Little Big Horn is not to be missed, IMO.

If you like astronomy and can make it down to Kitt Peak for a visit, you are in for a very memorable evening.
 or_current_resident
Msg: 3
Advice
Posted: 2/3/2014 8:14:32 AM

I've been to TX. numerous times just not to the gulf coast. Any advice on what would make the better destination?

Well, that quite a trip if u drive the whole way ! ^^^and if you got a whole month…then the," Monterey to Malibu", as I like to call it, on hwy # 1 and the 101 don't get much better then that as u head south.

As for Morro Bay, is a nice little sea side town with that big rock in the bay ! cool….

And I also would check out San Luis Obispo near by, a sweet college town, [Cal Poly] with a lot of shops, Spanish deco, tradition,etc.
And to be there on a Thursday is a must…. for their open market Day is a blast…. for fun,food & local celebration. They know how to party…….

And as for the Texas Gulf area, as a lot of the 'snow birds' winter there around the Padre islands, I haven't been there yet to check that area out. As for the crossing from CA., I know better in AZ. NM. and the weather is above normal in the day & dry.
They too could use some moisture in our western states this winter in the drought conditions….
 63Bob63
Msg: 4
Advice
Posted: 2/7/2014 5:01:54 PM
Thanks for the input!!
 skitrailmore
Msg: 5
Advice
Posted: 3/4/2014 2:49:48 AM
If you want the best travel information check this out

http://www.excitingworldtravels.com

Very amazing site, you will thank me for it.

Make sure you leave a kind comment on that site, you will get an amazing feedback
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Advice