Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SiSezHi
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Profile Review.Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Just wondering what people thought of my profile. Female persepctive mainly but don't mind men as well. I did have a long profile but shortened it to try a different approach. No joy on either lol!
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 2
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/3/2014 12:01:59 PM
I think you need more !
More of everything: more pics(with captions please), more interests, more about yourself.
 SiSezHi
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/3/2014 12:19:33 PM
I've just checked my profile and it pretty much says everything I'm into in my interests. Will take more pics though. I personally don't think the glasses help but can't do much about that.
 tatersprout
Msg: 4
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/3/2014 12:59:05 PM
There isn't enough of anything here to review.

At 38, the public bathroom selfie needs to be ditched.

Your interest list is complete? You have guitar, singing, music, TV, movies.
Would you want to date such a sedentary, lifeless person?
Do you get out at all? Hobbies? Activities?
What do you do in your free time?

Your occupation should be student/whatever job you have.
"Studying / Looking for Work" will make her thing you do nothing all day and night and combined with your lack of text and interests, she may be right on target.

Talk about yourself.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/3/2014 1:06:24 PM

I've just checked my profile and it pretty much says everything I'm into in my interests

If the entirety of your life can be summed up in 5 interests and 2 sentences I feel sorry for you

You say you right song and music, but you don't mention what kind of music, classical, rock, hip hop, drum and bass? Same with 'comedy', you quote Keith Lemon, is that the kind of comedy you like? Any others?

'TV' and 'Socializing' don't count as interests as pretty much every guy likes those things. May as well put 'Breathing' in your interests. Be more specific.

What kind of woman are you looking for? What do you find attractive in a woman (personality not looks)

What excited you about starting out in a new relationship?

You have a great smile, but your pictures do need work. Be careful about the background of yoru photos and what message that puts across, the first one looks like it's in a public toilet. No one wants to see a group shot of your family, they just want to see you!
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 6
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/3/2014 4:06:15 PM
You can be more specific. What movies are you favorite? Are you a consumer of classics, Blockbuster hits, independent films? What kind of music do you enjoy? What gets you excited about music? Is it the feel of the guitar in your hands? Does the idea of creating something no one else has get your heart racing? Or is it more of a reverence and respect for the artists before you? What inspired you? It may be a bit deep/personal for a profile, but maybe talk about why you're a non-traditional student. Did you have a boring career and are now following your dream? Didn't have the chance to go to college before? Your circumstances and life experiences have all come together to form the person you are today. Don't sell yourself short as just a guy with 5 interests and 2 sentences.
 tennistown
Msg: 7
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/3/2014 5:14:39 PM

I like to cook and like comedy, ooosh!

So you like to cook? You could fill up your profile, with some of your cooking prowess.

Simon says!
 ouija2013
Msg: 8
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/3/2014 5:23:30 PM
Such a rude Header
Kinda like saying no short men
But you'll do super here..
Teeth and all. Simon says
Epic fail
No wigs
right
 SiSezHi
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/4/2014 4:43:58 AM
I just googled good dating profile headers and that one made me laugh lol! also thought it wasn't too obvious.
 SiSezHi
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/4/2014 5:22:53 AM
Well I've added more stuff about my music/college and cooking on my profile. It started lenghtening quite easily once I got started. I will try and get 3 or 4 pictures done this week, perhaps a couple at college, and scrap the bathroom selfie. I was hoping no-one would notice it was done in a bathroom. I saw someone asking, why the bathroom selfie on here a couple of weeks ago lol! not to me, in general.

So what about the header? what should I go for?
 SiSezHi
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/4/2014 5:23:36 AM
Oh and the family one as well. I thought it made me look sociable.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 12
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/4/2014 5:35:06 AM
For the love of bacon, get rid of the public toilet selfie. Biggest turn-off ever.
The group shot is next to useless, you look jus the same but further away.
The last pic is decent, shame the computer screen is reflected in your glasses.
You really need MORE, good quality pictures including a full body shot. There's 8 photo slots... use them!
Your interests box should have one- or two-word items separated by commas. Get rid of the /s. It's also pretty generic apart from the music stuff. Don't you do anything else? What is "socializing" as a hobby?

Get rid of the "fish ladies" thing ASAP!!! What is that about? Calling ladies fish is a good way to impress them?

Put your name in the proper first name box, and get rid of it from the about me.

Starting off with work/study is not recommended... you need to think "interesting and exciting" rather than "this is all about me". It's an advertisement for yourself. The Oasis stuff is good but a bit rambling, you should condense this into a couple of sentences and then move on to talking about something else.

Think "interesting and exciting" to all the rest as well... you're not trying to describe everything about you... you're writing an advert.
 SiSezHi
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/6/2014 3:44:12 AM
I don't get out much really no. I'm quite a hermit lol! think I have a slight bit of social phobia perhaps. Also, makes me laugh, if I got out more and such an active lifestyle, I doubt I'd need a free internet dating site to find a woman lol!
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 14
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/6/2014 9:52:47 AM
Well, at least 3 people have mentioned the hideous bathroom selfie but you haven't addressed it nor have you taken it out of your profile, so I'm assuming it's here to stay.
 SiSezHi
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/8/2014 5:13:22 AM
No I aren't keeping the selfie, just haven't got round to deleting it yet. Apart from the setting though, the pic is good. So what pics shall I put on here. Most of the ones I got now are selfies, as I don't get out much lol! I go college, but sitting in a classroom or in the canteen with classmates wouldn't be too appealing wouldn't have thought. What about in the studio at college, sitting at the control/mixing desk?
 SiSezHi
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/8/2014 5:14:03 AM
Or a coffee shop perhaps?
 ouija2013
Msg: 17
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/8/2014 8:40:26 AM
You have spelling mistakes
like mind not mine
a lot, not alot
Coffee shop. Get a woman to snap some pictures, say they are for your Gran if you are shy saying they are for a dating site
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 18
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/8/2014 8:47:59 AM
Si, It's coming along . You need a few more pics, showing some different things.
And, although I am a music lover myself, I'm not too sure that your date wants to watch you write a song. Better come up with some more activities !!!
And, , , it's OK to break a paragraph every now and then :)
 SiSezHi
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/17/2014 10:06:30 AM
Sorry, but like I have said, I don't get out much. I am quite the hermit lol! I could ask a couple of girls at college take some photo's. Keep meaning to but forget. 1 is fit, and single, then when she's finished taking it, I'll just ask her out and then won't need it lol! to the guy that said the group photo was like me but far away...yeah, that's 'cause it is me lol! who did you want it look like, or should I have stood on the table and saluted. And to the lady that commented on the spelling mistakes (and yes I know you're not s'posed start a sentence with 'and'), my spelling is great, a lot instead of alot is a bit picky.

Anyway, half term at the moment. After half term, I will get a couple of photo's taken at college and ditch the 'toilet selfie', I shall flush it down the swanny cobber.
 tatersprout
Msg: 20
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/17/2014 10:30:32 AM
Your first paragraph is a huge block of text that's impossible to read. Paragraphs and white space needed.

16 lines on music. Boring to everybody but you, unfortunately.

grammar errors (and no, I'm not being picky):

*gain me the knowledge
*I love music, play guitar
*been writing songs for 15yrs, I have a hefty collection
*inspired me to pick up a guitar, as soon as I heard Wonderwall, I
*own material was, I thought, if 2 council
* likemined people
*and each day you learn more and more, such as:- music theory, synthesis (didn't know till I started this course that you could create your own electronic sounds using a synthesizer), layering, vocal technics, mixing and mastering, studio tricks and techniques, and how the music industry works.
* helps gain you knowledge
*ALOT
*I make a mean curry (thanks Mr Oliver) and a great lasagne, and a great stir-fry/chow mein (this one is more than your average stir-fry) and a few other dishes. (you only need 1 "and".)
*As for deserts, various crumbles I do from time to time, as... (it's desserts, not deserts. Get rid of the 2 "as")
*philedelphia (Philadelphia)
* Stand up comedians I like, my favourites
 SiSezHi
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/20/2014 3:49:42 AM
People tell me to write more about myself, then when I do, they say it's boring. You can't win can you? Like a mate said as well, who has a lot of experience on these sites, he said, you'll fix eveyrthing people on this forum are saying, and you'll still get no replies, 'cause you're male and don't look like Johnny Depp.
 SiSezHi
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/20/2014 3:51:52 AM
He didn't say the Johnny Depp thing, I did. I think you need to be a chippendale get a reply from most of the women on here. They'll sift through 100's of messages (if they're attractive) and reply to the hottest guy presumably.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 23
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/20/2014 4:08:52 AM
Look your profile is terrible and that is why you're getting no replies.

If you want to improve it then you can follow the advice of experienced, successful users of this site - or not bother. It's up to you. we have led you to water, it's up to you to drink it.

Is it worth it? Hell yes! My first couple of profile iterations were terrible as well. Now I have no problems getting dates on here, and neither do many of the other regular reviewers. Is it because we are hotter, more attractive, more interesting? Do I look like Johnny Depp? No, in fact you have advantages over me: you're the same age, never married, have a lot more hair, and play guitar. You just don't know how to sell yourself to women. This can be fixed - it's exactly what this forum is for. But if you choose to reject the advice then there's not much we can do really.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/20/2014 1:27:45 PM

He didn't say the Johnny Depp thing, I did. I think you need to be a chippendale get a reply from most of the women on here. They'll sift through 100's of messages (if they're attractive) and reply to the hottest guy presumably.

You have been told a number of times about the quality of your pictures, and yest they havnt been updated. With better pictures I think there will be some who consider you the 'hottest guy'.

I'm not chippendale but I get an OK reply rate because I have reasonable pictures and know how to sell myself.
 SiSezHi
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Profile Review.
Posted: 2/21/2014 9:07:16 AM
Thanks for your input mate. I will get 'round to sorting my profile next week. Waiting for half term from college be over so I can get back and get some better pictures taken.

I guess I'm rubbish at writing profiles if it's terrible. Can only write what I think sounded good to me, and apparently, that is rubbish haha!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review.