Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please Review, pretty please with sugar on top.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tennistown
Msg: 3
Please Review, pretty please with sugar on top.Page 1 of 1    

First Date
I'll try to be creative if you promise to be open-minded. Sounds scary I know but just trust me!

Your "First Date" section might read better,
if,
you simply wrote down one of your creative first date ideas.
Instead of demanding their trust!
 ScooterSB
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Please Review, pretty please with sugar on top.
Posted: 2/18/2014 12:55:19 PM
I think the picture of your smiling should be your main, it's the nicest one. But you could do with a new, nice clear headshot as a main. There are 8 slots photos, use them

I would have thought someone who is a 'life coach' would be more positive and be able to sell himself...

I had this all worked out before I got to this part. But I forgot all the prolific things I was going to say. It was going to be something very eloquent, I mean you would've been thoroughly impressed. But I guess I'll just have to go with the usual,

3 and a half sentences in and you have said nothing about yourself, other than that you are forgetful and havn't much confidence in yourself.

Delete all this section and start off with something positive and shows you have self confidence. Women fin confidence attractive. Grab peoples attention in the first few lines or they may never get up to the parts where you say what a good guy you are.

Talk about the kind of person you are looking for and what you like about starting a new relationship. Try and use 'we and 'you' and 'us' language as much as 'I'.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/18/2014 1:05:36 PM
"Is he going to beat me up?" was my first thought when I saw your main photo. Yikes! You are sending the message that you are a fighter right off the bat.

You have 8 seconds to make a good impression. Women will see your main photo as a tiny pic the size of a saltine cracker on their cell phone screens. If your main photo is not clear, bright and attractive, they move on. A genuine smile is inviting, warm and attractive. Women want to see your eyes and smile.

Please get new photos taken outdoors for better lighting, and with a quality digital camera, not a fuzzy cell phone. Your main photo should be a head-and-shoulder shot, showing you SMILING and looking at the camera. You also need one full body shot, again taken outdoors and smiling.

Other pictures should show you outdoors, doing activities you enjoy. No hats, sunglasses, alcohol or stupid poses. You must be in every picture. Ask a friend to take 24 pictures of you outdoors with a digital camera, wearing different clothes in various locations. Upload the best 8. Caption and date each photo-giving the location and year- to make the photos more interesting and clear.
 Freeformed
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/18/2014 2:02:25 PM
First, change your main picture to the one on you smiling. It is so much better. Add more clear pictures. I personally like a combo of social pictures (ones with other people) and personal pictures.

Next, i find the best profiles either hook you with humor or with a good personal read. Either way, yours match up. Write more about yourself. And maybe what/who you're looking for.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please Review, pretty please with sugar on top.