Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please review the train wreck of a profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 2
Please review the train wreck of a profilePage 1 of 1    
The main photo is great but #3, #4, #5, #9 don't show your face (against POF rules). A lot of the rest are very similar, you've got the same expression in a different outfit. I don't know why you need more than 5-6 pics anyway, it doesn't really add anything. I would keep #1, #2, #6, #7 if you crop you mate out, #11 again cropped to you alone.

The about me is generally a lot better than most. First paragraph very good. The last line can go (they all say that). The penultimate paragraph should be moved to 2nd, and remove the negativity and mention of police record (even in jest!).
The 2 parts about the woman you'd like to meet, combine them into one paragraph and rephrase it to the 2nd person, ie. say "you", not "the woman" or "she".

As the guy you need to do all the work sending out messages on here. What kind of messages are you sending, and how many?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 5
Please review the train wreck of a profile
Posted: 2/20/2014 10:30:21 AM
My suggestion is to remove that "police record" sentence (even if it's a joke) immediately.
Personal safety is one of the most crucial factors a woman views on her Creepy-O-Meter when viewing a guy.
The last thing you want to do is plant negative thinking (about you) in her head for no reason.

Landscape and postcard pictures can be discarded.
There are plenty of places online to view those things.
Keep this about YOU and help her envision herself with you...the the places you've visited.

Otherwise it is pretty upbeat, straightforward, and pretty solid.
You'll naturally wish to continue to ensure all photographs remain dated and captioned.
Good luck with your romantic search.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/20/2014 11:26:53 AM
GoHudson...no need for individual responses in the thread.
We all see them all in sequence.
Separate messages do not "ping" individuals.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2014 1:48:33 PM
Yeah, it's pretty good but a few minor things.

There is no point showing photos that don't have you in, or when you are so dark we can't tell it's you. Women want to date you, not a sunrise. Take out all the photos that either don't have you in or your face isn't clear and you'll have a good set.

Text is pretty good, again a few minor things

'About me

Me:'
Doesn't need the the 'me:' does it?

"You don’t not mind a guy...." Doesn't make any sense.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please review the train wreck of a profile