Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please only constructive, respectful comments...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SerpentRays
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Please only constructive, respectful comments...Page 1 of 1    
So, I guess I'd like a little feedback on my profile. I don't really see anything wrong with it but I figure it can't hurt to get a few extra set of eyes form an outside angle.
Thanks for your feedback!

-Jeremy
 tennistown
Msg: 2
Please only constructive, respectful comments...
Posted: 2/20/2014 11:59:30 AM

I'd like a little feedback on my profile. I don't really see anything wrong with it

Your first paragraph seemed whiny, and full of excuses. Not positive, confident, or funny at all? Delete or rewrite.

I don't have high expectations for actually meeting someone on this little venture, but I figure it's worth a shot. ;)

^^^^^ With this sentence sandwiched into the middle of it.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/20/2014 12:23:53 PM
My suggestion is to give the narrative a more positive and upbeat feeling.
A woman who reluctantly answers might feel like she is some sort of consolation prize. Make it happier!

Additionally, share the numbers and age(s) of your children.
Dating a person with one 19 y.o. college kid is far different than dating a person with 9 y.o. twins.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2014 1:41:46 PM
I've seen worse, it's an OK start, but it needs a lot of work.

You put yourself in a 'class clown' category. Yet your profile reads a little dry and downbeat. If you are class clown, have fun with it, make us laugh.

'It's complicated' is not a valid category for profession, put a real answer, women your age will want to know what you do for a living. If you are unemployed it will drastically reduce the number of responses you get.

There are 8 slots for photos for a reason. Use them all! Nice, bright, clear photos. Don't crop a photo of you with your arm round a woman, people will instinctively think it's some ex you havn't quite got over.

Let's have a little read through this first paragraph....

I've been single for a while and I'm looking to get back into the dating scene. I'm probably better at doing this face-to-face. I'm a busy guy and between a full-time school schedule and other responsibilities, I don't have a whole lot of time for the bar scene (gets old anyway,) so I figured I'd try out this online dating thing. I don't have high expectations for actually meeting someone on this little venture, but I figure it's worth a shot. ;) I recently moved back to my home town after moving around quite a bit over the last 10+ years (there's no place like home) and most of my old friends are either busy with family and/or work, have moved away or I've just lost contact with them. So I'm looking to make some new friends and jump-start my social life. Friends first is probably the best way to find a good long-term match anyway.

Remember this is a dating site! You sound like you have no confidence in this site, online dating, or in yourself. Women find confidence attractive! You also basically say you don't want to date but just want to make friends. Women have PLENTY of male friends, they don't join a dating site to find new friends they join a dating site to....you guessed it....date.

I would say delete that paragraph all together (and maybe have a good think about why you are here).

The second paragraph is far better.

Add a little something about the kind of person you are looking for, what attributes you find attractive and what excites you about starting a new relationship.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please only constructive, respectful comments...