Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Gay Weddings      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Gay WeddingsPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Well from midnight they're legal. According to various surveys approximately one in five people would turn down the invitation. It will be interesting to see if the responses here match those of the wider public.

If you were invited to one would you go?
Gay Weddings
Posted: 3/28/2014 5:47:11 AM
If it was a close friend, sure.
 Julian2807
Msg: 3
Gay Weddings
Posted: 3/28/2014 6:44:05 AM
As people only tend to invite friends and family to weddings, I guess the majority of people saying they would not go would not be invited in the first place.

I would go of course as you should always respect and support friends and family's choices of lifestyle and apart from that I think some gay weddings could be a lot more fun than straight ones with a mix of the flamboyant and more reserved people in the gay community.
 Chuzz16
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Gay Weddings
Posted: 3/28/2014 6:46:39 AM
I have been to one. It was beautiful.

The ushers asked when we walked in 'are you on the bride's side or the bride's side?'
It wasn't held in a church (thank goodness) but an old abbey.
Both brides looked radiant and it was a lovely service. They are still together and still very happy. :)
 Jo van
Msg: 5
Gay Weddings
Posted: 3/28/2014 11:38:36 AM
When is it again...?
And how far away..?
Will I be able to get a lift with someone..?
There's no point going to a wedding if you can't even have a drink, because you've got a long drive home...

Anyhow, I thought all weddings were supposed to be "gay"...
I don't know many gay people, I'm pretty sure the new girl at work is a lesbian though,
mainly because she doesn't seem to fancy me, and has got tattoos and a golf gti.

I'm not really a "believer" in weddings.
IMO, it's none of anyone's business if you choose to live together, it's really just a meaningless ritual, to which has become attached, all sorts of legal issues.
I didn't 'need' a lawyer when we split up, or a divorce.

I saw a lot of "gay", "christian" choristers on TV this morning, (both genders) complaining that they still couldn't get married where they "worshiped". I think it's sad that people attach so much importance to something which is entirely imaginary.

Nothing "happens" when you "get married", whether that's in a church, (other special magic buildings are also available.) or in an office, or in a boat, or a balloon, regardless of gender.
It's all just words.
HTH
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Gay Weddings
Posted: 3/28/2014 11:59:00 AM
I would attend any wedding ceremony, apart from if I was expected to be a participant in it.....

GeordieColin
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Gay Weddings
Posted: 3/28/2014 4:07:20 PM
As long as I was not violently against someone I knew who was getting married because they where getting used and or abused then I would turn up in drag if asked.
I would happily forsake being a grandfather as long as my two girls where happy in their lives.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Gay Weddings
Posted: 3/30/2014 4:41:56 PM
"having said that, i would go to anything as long as there is food involved."

:-)

anyone going to call her muff eerrr bluff
 bmore_goat
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Gay Weddings
Posted: 4/2/2014 9:56:12 AM
A friend is a friend regardless of their sexual orientation.

If a friend wanted me to attend their wedding, I'd go.
 try1more
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Gay Weddings
Posted: 4/3/2014 8:53:34 PM
just waiting for the next news chapter.
goes summat like this.
statistics show there are more "gay" married couples in the uk than "hetro" married couples.
think i might have just pipped the mail to the post :-)

i've always tried to avoid weddings, so wouldn't make any difference to me there, except prob get called homophobic in this case :-(
 holby
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Gay Weddings
Posted: 4/9/2014 12:45:42 PM
Brings anew meaning to
The words with this ring I thee wed
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Gay Weddings
Posted: 4/10/2014 3:10:13 PM
twat
 GeordieColin
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Gay Weddings
Posted: 4/12/2014 4:27:29 PM
[twat]
Sort of sums up your mentality really when you can decide to post in here and only come up with that!

Well said. I'm thinking of proposing to GeordieColin. If he accepts, you're all invited!

Well big boy I feel like I am ready but I took this pic just after a long days work.
And I only give.
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Gay Weddings
Posted: 4/12/2014 6:21:56 PM
Zzz . . . . .
 Wafta
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Gay Weddings
Posted: 4/13/2014 12:43:13 PM

twat

I agree and I also agree with nx that sometimes a single word is all you need.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Gay Weddings
Posted: 4/16/2014 3:28:58 PM

i thought it was classic. why use a hundred words when one will do the job more effectively?

Fair enough. it is preferable to when he strings words together.

looking forward to the wedding by the way... thanks for the invite :-)
i've spotted a lovely toaster..

Don't build your hopes up just yet. He may not like my conditions.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Gay Weddings
Posted: 4/18/2014 11:33:52 AM

He may not like my conditions.

Why? What you got? Hope it's not really nasty!
 mrec2370
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Gay Weddings
Posted: 5/3/2014 1:38:13 PM
why nor have dating for disabled whats wrong with that are we so perfect that we are not mentally disabled in one form or another?.
live and let live i say bugger the pc brigade!
 Fabreezey
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Gay Weddings
Posted: 5/7/2014 8:14:18 AM
Weddings should be gay.... shouldn't they? The fact that I happen to think matrimony is an outdated concept wouldn't stop me going to one, gay or otherwise.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Gay Weddings
Posted: 5/23/2014 3:07:14 PM

Weddings should be gay.... shouldn't they? The fact that I happen to think matrimony is an outdated concept wouldn't stop me going to one, gay or otherwise.

That is an example of human hypocrisy. Many of us are guilty of it. Why attend a wedding when you do not agree with the concept? I would be very happy to get married yet I have not a single religious bone in my body.
I also enjoy Christmas and buying presents for it.I also enjoy going to fireworks on bonfire night.
Some people give the impression that they want to alienate themselves from everyone else in society by their determination to stick by their strong beliefs
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Gay Weddings
Posted: 5/25/2014 9:13:49 AM
"Or do you not know that the unrighteous2 will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,3 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9)"

Unrighteous2? I don't think I saw the first film.....

I'm s'prised ya dint talk on that owd cvnt Laviticus. S'much Bible bashin awt in Ilson the days. N, ears me thinkin it wa ruf as fuk there. Pissin in street n fukin in shop doorways on a sat'di night as thee do..... Bin darwn gala resentleh?

What does organic mean?
 Jo van
Msg: 22
Gay Weddings
Posted: 5/25/2014 10:59:21 AM

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous2 will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,3 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9)"

I think "the unrighteous 2" must mean Mr Cameraman, and Baronet Gideon.

-And I thought that "practice makes perfect"...?

Whoever wrote that, ^^ (Some Corinthian bloke?) does sound like a bit of "reviler" himself, he's probably "in denial", like that nice Mr Putin.

Still, he does say "Do not be deceived", which could be seen as a "disclaimer" of sorts, kinda like the small print, which says things like "contents may vary", or "*not the truth".

Still, it's a dead-good scam; promising people things, in return for donations, which they then can't possibly verify, until after they've died.
I wish I'd thought of it...

All the wedding I've been to, have been gay as fvck.
The flowers, the big, frilly dresses on the women, the waistcoats on the men., the women on the waistcoats... (You seldom see waistcoats anywhere else, these days.)
The singing, the drunken brawls, and the inevitable tears, of Joy, Sadness, and Anger, AKA the "bridesmaids".

Even though I'm not religious, I do sometimes exclaim "Great Odin's beard!!" , in moments of intense pleasure... or sometimes, if they haven't "trimmed"....

Keep practicing Notts, one day you might get the hang of it.
HTH
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Gay Weddings
Posted: 5/26/2014 2:14:35 AM
Lighty, did you see this one about a bride popping into Asda to get some alcohol for the after wedding party http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-27564574

Love her quote
""That's when I decided to go to Asda, but it was shutting in 45 minutes so I didn't have time to go and change.
But I have been in my pyjamas before, why not in my wedding dress?”

Why in your pyjamas I might have asked.

Still, she was cheered up by one little girl likening her to a princess - I was thinking Princess Fiona? (Shrek's missus).
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Gay Weddings