Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Help?....Profile advice Please????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LEX_SAINT
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Help?....Profile advice Please????Page 1 of 1    
So, I am new to this online scene, and would like some advice on improving my profile. Any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated. Please take a sec to see what I have, and what improvements, or suggestions could help produce better results. Thanks for your time. Sincerely, Alex S
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 2
Help?....Profile advice Please????
Posted: 3/31/2014 1:30:09 AM
Main photo is not good, too dark. The rest aren't terrible but really could use some better pics, preferably outdoors. The red shirt one would make a good main I think. I find 7 works better than 8 because it goes onto 2 rows and looks weird.

Wants to date but nothing serious won't help you much. This is what guys looking for FWB put.

Not a fan of using bold (or any other text decoration), it drams the eye too much IMO and should be interesting enough to read without that.
First line is pointless... they already know they can ask you anything. :)

The first list is basically a list of cliches on here. Every single guy on here is laid back, driven, honest, GSOH, etc. You need to show it rather than saying it. You can make them laugh... go on then!

Re-listing interests... better to pick a favourite few and elaborate about why you like them, what you do, etc.

Re-phrase the next paragraph to say "you" rather than "a woman" - more personal.

Women here are not looking for something to eventually turn into a relationship. They have friends already. They are looking for dates. By saying you don't have time to commit to a relationship you are seriously shooting yourself in the foot. You're basically saying "I'm too busy for you". The "friends first" thing very rarely works out... while you're building a friendship she is dating other guys.....

I would remove the lower age limit of 18... looks kinda creepy for a 29 year old to be looking for an 18 year old.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/31/2014 6:15:41 AM
LEX_SAINT...my suggestion is to limit the bolding, underlining, and italicizing to header sections.
Similar to what was shared by Mark_It_Up above, it can be somewhat distracting when those effects are used in the body of a dating profile. My own profile contains quite a bit of it...just arranged differently. It worked well for me when I was seeking dates.

Have a friend take two dozen well-lit, OUTDOOR, crisp photographs using a high-quality modern digital camera...which is preferred over a fuzzy cellphone. It is the better tool for the job at hand. Include a variety of backgrounds, activities, and various articles of clothing to add greater interest. Upload the best images of the bunch. Ensure you continue to date and caption each...to make them more entertaining to read. Good luck with your romantic search.
 tennistown
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/31/2014 10:33:53 AM

what improvements, or suggestions could help produce better results.

I'm looking for a girl I can spend time with, hang out, and maybe have a relationship with. I am in school, and don't have a lot of free time to commit to a serious relationship.

I would bet this one line could set in motion a bunch of clicks, "Next!"
Perhaps rephrase or remove this line?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Help?....Profile advice Please????