Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > What is good? What is bad?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Yeahwhynot
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What is good? What is bad?Page 1 of 1    
Need better pictures. Need better pictures. Need better pictures. Already in agreement with you here.

How about the text? Reads well to me, but can't tell how it reads to others. What have I forgotten? What have I left unclear? What have I said inadvertently?

Cheers in advance for your thoughts and your time,

-Luke.
 Ainen
Msg: 2
What is good? What is bad?
Posted: 4/2/2014 4:34:41 AM
Don't change it. Copy your current about me into a text file in case you change to worse words and want to go back.

The only unclear words to me are "no truck". Is that British slang? Can tell what you mean by context.

Great writing style, avoiding "I".

Good to have some pics with glasses, some without, with a facial hair pic and an action shot.

Dunno how appealing it is to the girls, but didn't see anything wrong.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/2/2014 4:40:15 AM
Actually your pics are pretty good, way ahead of most we see here. The main is a bit blurry which is a shame. If you have the beard now then you should have a main with a beard... the beard pic you have isn't bad but outdoors and showing some teeth would be better. The last photo doesn't look flattering and seems old?

The overall impression I got is that you started every sentence with "I...", then realized and chopped off the "I" so the sentences seem fragmented. Better to rephrase I think. Rather than a list of "Like this, like that". What you wrote is decent, it just doesn't flow very well.

The last paragraph makes you sound like a bit of a weirdo!
 Yeahwhynot
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2014 4:51:29 AM
Thanks Ainen. That's heartening.

To have no truck with something means you do not agree with it. Never thought of it as a Britishism - maybe not as widely understood as I thought. Will consider rephrasing.

Thought I would look at yours to return the favour; Its good. I can't improve it.

Appreciated.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/2/2014 4:56:20 AM
My suggestion is to caption and date all photographs.
Good luck with your romantic search.
 Yeahwhynot
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2014 5:03:43 AM
...Oh, I'd set the bearded picture as main, and it shows as such for me. Do you still see the snow & winter coat pic? Gremlins! Must investigate.

Yeah, my writing style may read a bit disjointed. I can write complete, grammatical sentences (such as this one), but they tend to come out rather flat and characterless. Prefer fragments - I think more expressive and closer to real speech. Good to get outside perspective though - exactly what I wanted.

Bit of a wierdo. hah! maybe too much honesty.

Cheers
 Yeahwhynot
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2014 5:25:46 AM
Picture fixed and bug reported. Editing captions on the android app messes with your main picture setting.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > What is good? What is bad?