Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > let's here it! profile review request      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ScooterSB
Msg: 2
view profile
History
let's here it! profile review requestPage 1 of 1    
hi red,

Your profile is the first thing people see, and can often be the decider as to whether or not to click on your profile. As it stand your is a small child (I am assuming you when you were younger). Anyone who finds a picture of a small child attractive basically needs to be locked up. This also breaks site rules, as all pictures need to be recent.

You profile pic needs to be a clear and simple head shot to give people a nice view of your before getting into the profile. Of your current pics you in the car is probably the most suitable. Remove the picture of you with your arms around 2 women it makes you look like a player.

As for the text, most of it is fine.

Remove the part about sports, if you dont like sports fine, don't mention it. Personally I don't like the taste of red wine, but I don't write a paragraph about why don't like it but also that I have nothing against people that do, it's not relevant.

Add a paragraph describing the type of person you are looking for (personality not looks). What excited you about starting a new relationship? Try and use 'we' 'you' and 'us' language.
 Ainen
Msg: 5
let's here it! profile review request
Posted: 4/3/2014 5:35:29 AM
Yes, fill out the Interests section.

Keep the multiple photos with dogs, including the indoor one, until you get ones where you think you look better than in the existing ones.

Pets will be a dealbreaker to some. Motorcycles will be a dealbreaker to many. It helps compatibility if these are obvious in your profile.

From the phone app, having more than 7 photos doesn't look strange. They all scroll horizontally from the app.

You have a lot of company in Americans who identify themselves as Italian or Irish. In my searches, more users say they're one of those two than all other nationalities combined! Many gals might relate to at least half of that sentence.

I believe most of us get messaged by people to whom we are not attracted, no matter what we put in our profiles.

Am not a fan of saying "update:" in profiles.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > let's here it! profile review request