Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Man I've not yet met has told me he loves me!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 2
Man I've not yet met has told me he loves me! Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Anybody that falls in love that quickly, can fall in love that quickly again.

So do the math.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 3
Man I've not yet met has told me he loves me!
Posted: 4/13/2014 9:45:06 AM
Meet him but don't fall for the lines. I've had the same thing happen to me before, and frankly, it creeps me out. How can you possibly fall for someone you haven't met in person. I can see how after one meeting, you can have amazing chemistry with someone and go gaga, but that's it. Proceed with caution.
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/13/2014 10:02:59 AM
RUN.

RUN FAST AND FAR.

You've just met one of the many online dating freaks. This guy already has demonstrated to you he does not know proper boundaries.

I suspect he also has not had alot of experience with women..and lives in a fantasy world.

Shut off your computer, go out and start meeting real people who are not sitting drooling behind a compute screen day and night. Don't be some creep's next sucker. There's plenty of great men out there-go find one.
 ouija2013
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/13/2014 10:20:07 AM
I'd not meet him.
Sounds out of touch with reality.
Unless you wanna meet him then deal with a stalker
 Maleman999
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/13/2014 10:31:41 AM

We appear to get on like a house on fire, although not chatted to him on phone or even met him.

That doesn't seem very healthy either. You're getting on like a house on fire with a cyber fantasy image. By the way, what was your response when he said he loves you?
Posted: 4/13/2014 10:45:38 AM
RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 the_regency
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/13/2014 10:51:06 AM
He's the type that gets infatuated with every decent looking woman who give him a moment of her time. Not healthy. Don't trust him.
 basilisk123
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2014 10:56:44 AM
I vote weirdo.
Somebody who declares their love like that, has got to have a few screws loose. Go for it if you are attracted to crazy.
 63T
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2014 12:51:09 PM
Ladyjd88;

He said I love you and I'm going to treat you right!

Beware of false intimacy.

Some possess an intense need or craving for human contact as a result of an impersonal surrounding and an extremely busy lifestyle often, far removed from family. This type of intimacy "feels" real but, it is far from it. In many instances, this type of behaviour is rooted in a fear or anxiety regarding true closeness with another.

False intimacy is created from a craving or an addiction to an emotional high and is fear based and selfish with a central concern with one's own pleasure.
It is not based on a genuine desire for true closeness and supportive, unconditional love.
The motivation is to achieve an emotional high rather than a genuine desire to know the other person.
Genuine intimacy is a long process of becoming close with one another and cannot be forced or hastened.
Genuine intimacy has at it's core, a real concern, interest and focus on each others well being.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/13/2014 12:57:44 PM
Could also be an emotional bully trying to manipulate you into having sex with him.
 coyotefeller
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/13/2014 3:23:51 PM
I'm all for wild sex and craziness to start with .....then work
your way from there ! :)
Of course, when you meet you will know right away
if the fire is going to rage on or if the rain has put it
out already.
As long as he's not dangerous, what could go wrong!?
You want it as much as he does, let's face it !
 c_deacon
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2014 4:23:02 PM
Seems much more "needy" than the "L" word. Somehow I think it is his imagination that is "in love", and not his reality.

Unfortunately for far to many people, they have a tendency to banter about that "L" word to often, and to easily, without truly knowing what it means, and how hard it is to actually "love" another, and god forbid......fall "in love"!!

cd
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/13/2014 4:46:53 PM
freaky-deak. run away....run away...
 jlynn1955
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2014 6:59:43 PM
RUN. Run far. Run fast....but most of all RUN.

I've been in that situation..nothing good ever comes from it...Run...
 jesb1978
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/13/2014 8:07:39 PM
This has to be one of the biggest red flags there is.
 cafetin
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2014 4:31:51 AM

Been speaking to him for a few days now a hell of a lot.. We appear to get on like a house on fire, although not chatted to him on phone or even met him.

He said I love you and I'm going to treat you right! I plan to meet him on Thursday weirdo or should I give him a go?

OP repeat after me:

LOSER

ALERT!

Your within my age group so I know how you might be feeling especially if you've been single for a while but dont let your emotions get the better of that common sense part of your brain.Remember when your mama used to tell you not to take candy from strangers?Similar unwritten rules apply here.

Dont accept false expressions of affection from weirdos.

P.S. He doesnt love you,and thats a FACT.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2014 5:13:55 AM
If you allow him to do so...

He will shower you with affection, sleep with you, and then dissapear like popcorn at a frat house.

This is classic "get her warmed up before you meet and sleep with her before she gets a chance to figure out youre a fraud." stuff.

Meet him if you want, but be prepared for some really strong "Oh Baby, Imma wantin you."
 Onceblumoon
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/14/2014 7:32:35 AM
Someone so profligate with their own emotions, who cannot exercise a little self-control, will likely soon expect you to respond in kind and will treat your own feelings just as flippantly. Not a good sign, in my opinion.

63T was spot on: beware false intimacy. It's like empty calories, and just as bad for you.

Can we all get up a chorus of, "RUN, RUN, RUN!"

Good luck, and if you actually take time to meet this man, please do give us an update.
 splatt08
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2014 5:51:41 PM
This is how every Nigerian scammer /catfish story I've ever seen begins. Before you know it, he will be asking you for money so he come and see you.

I saw a Dr Phil epsiode on youtube about catfishing. They featured a website called pigbusters. A lot of times these guys will copy and paste the same messages to send to hundreds of different women . On that site, you can copy and paste all or part of the message he sent you and see if you get a match. I think you can enter their email and username too. Google ID is a good tool too..

Or maybe he's just insane. Either way, I would run in the other direction if I were you.
 sigungq
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2014 7:06:24 PM
OP, That smacks of psychotic desperation.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 26
Posted: 4/14/2014 10:32:04 PM

RUN. RUN FAST AND FAR. You've just met one of the many online dating freaks

WOW! VolcanoKing, we agree again 100 per cent!!! Impressive :)

OP: Personally, I think it's wayyyyyy tooo creepy for some guy who says I love you, without having met you or talking on the phone. Even if you were talking on the phone, that's creepy. The whole thing just creeps me out....I don't think it's a good idea to even meet this guy. There are plenty of guys out there that don't have the creep factor. Good luck :)
 wooweewoo13
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/15/2014 3:42:49 AM
LOL...meet him in a crowded place and dont be soooo nieve.....tons of fish in the pond....takes time....good luck!
 John255317
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/15/2014 7:13:20 AM
OP, don't even meet him. You have all the info you need. Consider it a great thing that you know now instead of later on how this guy acts. RUN!!
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2014 5:29:07 PM
Follow your gut feelings, always.

I agree with most of the posts that say run or precede with caution and safety (to your full identity, location, etc).

Having said that, I'd like to propose a thought that there is a small chance those are just words he uses, slang. My daughter throws around "I love you" and "I hate you" in normal everyday conversation. So do her friends. It's the "thing" right now (teenager) in our area.

Example: "I told John you like him" ----> Omg I HATE you, said with a smile.
"I got a new pair of (brand name) boots" ----> I hate you, said flatly.
"So and so said this, so I said this" -----> laugh, then I love you.
Runs into a friend working the McDonalds drive through (with friends in the car) ---> a chorus of "Bye John.... I love you!"

MAYBE he was saying it in what he thought was a smooth, appreciative, pick up kinda way "I love you, I'm gonna treat you right"

If you had answered "How can you love me? You don't know me" and heard his response you would know if it was just a saying (he would say, it's just a saying) or if there was serious trouble on the way.
 woxof63
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/15/2014 7:06:13 PM
Weirdo....
I Love You is reserved for when one really means it.
Run! Fast!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Man I've not yet met has told me he loves me!