Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Nobody wants to get serious.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 freemind
Msg: 3
Nobody wants to get serious.....Page 1 of 1    
Hi, nobody can know exactly what the reason is except the guys you've met. I'm straight up with the women I've met and have told them that I'm not ready for anything serious or committed. The fact that I'm straight up and honest with them nullifies me being a player. i might lose interest in some of them romantically but it still doesn't mean i played them either. In short, I wouldn't take it personally and just keep fishing till you find your man. Don't wait for someone like me. That's not fair to you and you might miss out on a better man.

What do they say when you ask them why?
 dodge-and-burn
Msg: 4
Nobody wants to get serious.....
Posted: 11/13/2004 4:31:56 AM
I think that maybe a guy would like to get eased into the fatherhood position. You know start from scratch like falling in love.

But seeing all that has to be done to get your son/dauther dressed/fed/etc and the attached responsibility may be what scares them. Or rather they realized don't want it bang like that.

Mind you, I haven't been in that situation before so I'm just guessing. But my father has been dating this girl who was pregnant and gave birth while they were together (long story) and 1.5 years of the boys life.

At my father's age and the fact that I'm not attached, I thought that my father and I could just get up and go, but we can't. In the last 1.5 years I've realized that having a child is a huge impact on your life.

I figured I'd meet someone and get pregnant and ease into it, no big dea. But seeing that my father wasn't as available as I would have wanted him to be has kind of scared the crap out of me. If I meet the right woman and we fall in love, then I'm sure that I'll feel better prepared about it.

When I think of having children, I think of a little toddler running around growing up that I can teach and have fun with and grow older with. You don't think about the fact that 99% of the first few years you have to deal with the crying and the diaper changing and the vomiting and the throwing food all over the place and the fact the your sex life is over.

I'm not trying to scare you, but this is what I've been through.

Maybe when your son/daughter is older it'll be easier. I don't know. Maybe you just need to keep dating.

I would most probably go after a woman who had a child. My only issue here is that I would want my first child to be her first child as well.

The more I write this the more I realize that life and relationships are too ****ing complicated. I think I'll become a priest.
 the_big_bad_wolf
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/14/2004 10:07:50 AM
go out have fun you have 1 life to live!! dont worry about getting serious youll notice its alot more fun!!
 the_big_bad_wolf
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/14/2004 10:14:00 AM
mike is that you.. i could see you calling yourself that and putting in that pic?
 smilincaligal198
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/20/2005 3:18:45 AM
i think i am starting to believe the lil ditty, nothin is forever........
 YamIhere
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2005 7:23:46 AM
If you’re interested in knowing why young men are avoiding marriage and commitment (at least in the U.S.) like a plague more and more, here’s some good reading:

http://marriage.rutgers.edu/Publications/SOOU/TEXTSOOU2004.htm

It’s a study titled “The State of our Unions” which was commissioned by the government and performed by Rutgers University to study the trend of falling marriage rates. If you’re really interested in understanding the issue, read it. It’s an eye opener.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Nobody wants to get serious.....