Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > A quick review?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 astreamofstars
Msg: 1
A quick review? Page 1 of 1    
I'm pretty new to this, and I was wondering if anyone would mind taking a quick look at my profile and letting me know whether there is anything I ought to change?

I haven't had much response so far to messages, so I'm guessing that there are probably some issues. Any help gratefully accepted!

Thanks in advance.
 tennistown
Msg: 2
A quick review?
Posted: 4/22/2014 1:25:40 PM
I enjoyed your humor...

I've just bought my first flat, so I'm working on getting that the way I'd like it - my advice, don't pick deep red for a feature wall - you'll be putting on coats of paint for days and end up looking like you've taken part in a massacre (though it does look good now).

I suggest for your "Main" photograph...
Just you in it, (with nobody's arm hanging over you.)
 astreamofstars
Msg: 3
A quick review?
Posted: 4/23/2014 1:29:35 AM
Yeah, I guess the photos aren't great! I'm not a massive photo fan, so mostly I end up having them taken in nights out when it's harder to avoid them, or wth my nieces and nephews, which I didn't think was a good idea either! I've spoken to my cousin, who is a fantastic photographet, and she's going to take some better ones of me soon, so hopefully that will help.

I'll work through the profile later when I get home, and take out some of the 'I' statements.

Anything else? :)
 astreamofstars
Msg: 4
A quick review?
Posted: 5/1/2014 1:16:08 PM
Hi again,

I've played around a bit with my profile, added in a few more pictures and tried to take out some of the 'I' statements.

Does it look any better?
 astreamofstars
Msg: 5
A quick review?
Posted: 5/1/2014 1:47:16 PM
Thanks, RedrockJen :)

GreenThumbz18, which one are you counting as #5? The one in the reddish/pink top?

I'm getting some more professional ones taken in a couple of weeks, so hopefully that will help. Am trying to take a couple of new ones every day at the moment, though, to see if I can get ones I like! I never much like the way I look in photos, so I've always tended to hide from the camera - trying to learn not to!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > A quick review?