Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review my profile please - is it as funny as i think it is?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 2
Review my profile please - is it as funny as i think it is?Page 1 of 1    
My suggestion would be to both date and caption all of your pics.
This is especially important for "group photographs" where the viewer might not be able to identify you.

The use of bold font tends to appear a bit jarring in this version.
Perhaps if you used it a bit more sparingly rather than in each sentence?

Good luck with your romantic search.
 tennistown
Msg: 3
Review my profile please - is it as funny as i think it is?
Posted: 4/23/2014 4:42:08 PM

I would appreciate any and all comments or suggestions.

You forgot to bold up Bob Marley RIP.
 ouija2013
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/23/2014 5:30:31 PM
I didn't find it funny.. rather creepy the references
But if you are happy that is all that matters
The bold is jarring
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/23/2014 5:42:42 PM
I love a good sexual innuendo, so your headline made me chuckle. Could be a turn off to other women though. Humor is hard to gauge on a stranger, especially when you can't see their reaction. If you have to explain it's supposed to be funny, it's probably not actually that funny. You're probably really funny in person, it's just hard to also be funny online.

What is an N/A car? You either have one or you don't.

At first, I thought the bold was a secret message, meant to be read as its own sentence. Then I thought it was your attempt at showing your sarcasm in a visual medium and those words were supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. I was disappointed the bolding is apparently arbitrary and pointless.

Overall, it sounds like you tried really hard to crack a joke. Maybe stick to a more straight forward style and save the humor for the first date.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/23/2014 6:05:58 PM
Martin - There is just no excuse for fuzzy dark photos. Even the worst cellphone camera takes better pics than you have posted. If you want to be noticed on the Internet then start taking bright ,sharp photos that look good small or large. Make yourself the prominent object in the photo with no distracting background.
It's not hard if you think about what you are doing with the camera, and why you are doing it. Look here for some good tips: http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Photogenic
 sandytm
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/24/2014 12:07:19 PM
I know funny.
This isn't funny.
 tennistown
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/25/2014 11:29:06 AM
The changes you have made to your profile, to this point, it looks way better!

There is something though, you might consider....

About Martin
Hey.

So i am fairly recently single and a friend said i should get myself on POF so here i am!

Some savvy women might read this ^^^^ and to avoid being the "rebound relationship", they might skip past you.
I would remove that sentence.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2014 12:32:51 AM

is it as funny as i think it is?

I did read the profile before you edited, and yes it was humorous, perhaps not a much as you thought it was, but it was ok.

Now you just have a bland meaningless list of things you like.

You have gone from OK to BAD :(
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review my profile please - is it as funny as i think it is?