Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > breath      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _shakti_
Msg: 2
breathPage 1 of 1    
Well I meditate daily and have learned/tried many different types, so I'm a bit biased on the subject. I also do yoga, and pranayama (breathing exercises) is usually a part of things, which can change your mood or state of mind in an astonishingly small amount of time.

According to yogic philosophy, prana (life force) is said to be 'contained' within the breath. Mere observation and slowing your breathing down, will change your state of mind. You'll notice too, that the opposite is the case.. when upset, angry, sad, anxious, etc.. your breath will be unsteady, shallow, heavy, etc..

It's actually amazing how something so seemingly simple, can have such a massive effect.
 _shakti_
Msg: 4
breath
Posted: 5/1/2014 9:53:01 AM
One of my favorite quick boosts is a kriya (yoga set) called the ego eradicator. I love the name alone, lol.. but here's the directions if you are so inclined:

http://youtu.be/r9KBKRraWjY
 satx78218
Msg: 7
view profile
History
breath
Posted: 5/10/2014 11:42:17 AM
Breathing is extremely important in Vedantic spirituality. search "pranayama"

breathing is the nexus between the autonomic and sympathetic nervous systems, a sort of gateway.

concentrating on breathing, controlling it, or just observing it, takes effort and is not meditation, nor is the faddish mindfulness truly meditation.

Meditation such as mantra meditation is effortless.
 Coma_White
Msg: 8
view profile
History
breath
Posted: 5/24/2014 9:20:33 AM

Now, have you ever tried to focus on your breath - in an effort to be more mindful and in the moment. If so, did it ever seem like in those moments where you're focusing on your breath - you are ever so slightly and subtely more *awake* then you are when not focusing on our breath.

I practise Intiation into Hermetics by Franz Bardon. Everything is based on the breath. Beathing in whatever quality you want and exhaling what you don't want. I believe the techniques are similar to what allows people like Wim Hof to control their body temperature and immune response. I also like his concept of the elements. Fire being whatever is active and expanding. Water being the opposite, contracting. Air is defined as the space between objects and earth is what gives objects their dimension and mass.
 tasgaz
Msg: 9
view profile
History
breath
Posted: 6/13/2014 8:16:49 AM
the spiritual quest is real ,to find the best method ,can be a lifes search check out Google+Gary Law or Meditation with the White Lotus Buddha
 abroncs
Msg: 10
breath
Posted: 7/15/2014 10:45:11 PM
I can't slow down my breath and not suffocate, and I can't pace up my breath and not hyperventillate.

I think with yogy, yu need to develop a special relation with oxygen molecules. I am lacking in that area.
 AlienHumanHybrid
Msg: 12
breath
Posted: 11/7/2014 5:14:07 PM
Quit hitting the snooze button and go to work!
 _shakti_
Msg: 13
breath
Posted: 11/7/2014 8:36:34 PM
^^ Work on what, breath awareness?
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > breath