Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I'm new to online dating, let me know if I'm off to a good start!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 9Pluto
Msg: 4
view profile
History
I'm new to online dating, let me know if I'm off to a good start!Page 1 of 1    
"Throw me a message, and we'll see how it goes. You've got nothing to lose, right?"
"First Date Wouldn't you like to know?"

"Suffice it to say", nothing much to Gain from what I see, either. Your profile is not very inclusive. That's a serious flaw in my book. The bolding alphabet soup gimmicky stuff made me dyslexic in a very bad way, and totally threw me out of your profile ... since I don't have time to dedicate the attention to you that you deserve. Before you write a profile, I suggest you check out the message writing tips. Your post here gives me a bad impression of you before I even give the profile a click, and I'd be worried more about that. I would have preferred to start off on a better foot, but first impressions are what they are.

You won't endear yourself to women using phrases like 'suffice it to say', and 'I think that should be enough for now' She will think, like, this guy LOL

I get it. You're new. Your friend put you up to it. You can’t be seen taking the initiative to sign yourself up ;-) Good Luck
 Ainen
Msg: 5
I'm new to online dating, let me know if I'm off to a good start!
Posted: 4/29/2014 3:07:41 PM
I'm insightful.

Longest relationship over 6 years? You posted about a 5 year one on this thread, and would be too young to have a 6+ one before that.

Headline is quite common.

I think the bold is lame. See if any of the gals like it.

Having a dog in your main thumbnail should produce many views. When I have dogs in my main, views are much higher. Many of the viewers might not want me, just seeing if any additional interesting pics.

The thing above your head is interesting. Some people say not to have anything distracting in a photo, but I believe some other people like to see interesting elements in a photo, and people can write messages asking about those elements.

Body type: pick one. Prefer not to say is bad.

Holding a giant mug might get some to think "drunk".

I would blur out the name of the bank in the photo. I associate them with racism and find it tasteless they flaunt their corporate sponsorship.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I'm new to online dating, let me know if I'm off to a good start!