Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chev_Chillios
Msg: 1
Profile ReviewPage 1 of 1    
Hey everyone

I have been on and off this website for a few years now. normally I create a profile and delete it after a couple of months because of no replies and then I wait for a few months before I decide to give it another shot. Now it is happening again, and I thought I would give this a shot.

I know my profile is far from being good at all. I know it is not as bad as some other and that it needs some work. I spent a lot of time tweaking it and I usually go back and tweak some more every once in a while. I honestly don't get it though. Am I just really that undesirable or is there some factor that absolutely no one likes. In the few years I have been on and off this website I have never met someone on here, no one ever replied to my messages. My messages are always something small but something that talks about a similar interest that we both have. If there isn't much to go by on their profile I usually just say hi and express my interest in exchanging messages. I'm also not a picky person I look at a lot of profiles and message the ones that I think are interesting people.

All advice is welcome and much appreciated.
 sandytm
Msg: 2
Profile Review
Posted: 5/4/2014 3:34:13 PM
1) Only one pic and it isn't good.
2) The first two lines are negative, I would stop reading, but continue and then get really bored.
3) Problem with sentence structure.
4) Show us how you make people laugh.
 RedrockJen
Msg: 3
Profile Review
Posted: 5/4/2014 3:51:54 PM
"Hey everyone. to start off I have to say that I'm not into drama. I have had too much drama over the last year and it is super uber exhausting. trust is important and for someone that doesn't trust many people it is important to gain my trust. I'm passionate and my feelings are true, if I show you my feelings it means they are real. I never go half way I go all in when I know something is right."

This screams 'damaged.'

"You can say I indeed have a dry sense of humor, but I can still make people laugh. I am weird and geeky and I love that."

But will she?

"The geeky goes with nerdy with me especially with the whole game and computer stuff. It makes me unique and it makes me..."

Lots of guys on POF love computers. Nothing unique or special about it.

"Well I think that should be a good start. I hope to meet some new people and if you like to chat or have questions please ask away."

New people? Aren't you looking for a long term relationship? What is she like, this person you are hoping to find? You don't say.

Also you have lots of grammar issues.

Pic is dreadful. Looks like a webcam pic taken in your mother's basement.
 psytle
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Profile Review
Posted: 5/5/2014 12:29:36 AM
I'm going to echo the others and say that the single subpar picture is really hurting this profile.

Many good pictures would certainly help this profile's stock, and should be done ASAP.

No, I am not advocating that this profile go without pictures.

I am advocating that this profile's single underaverage picture be replaced with several quality pictures.
 tennistown
Msg: 5
Profile Review
Posted: 5/5/2014 12:03:37 PM

I know my profile is far from being good at all. I know it is not as bad as some other and that it needs some work

I never go half way I go all in when I know something is right........
...........Also I absolutely love kids.

Your sentence about "kids" should be removed immediately.
Also, save the drama for your mama.
By talking about it in your first couple of sentences,
you have essentially immersed your profile into the "Well of Drama."
 ScooterSB
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Profile Review
Posted: 5/5/2014 1:15:07 PM
Your one and only photo, to me, gives of a creepy-serial killer vibe.

Is this dark, grainy screen lit selfy really the first impress you want viewers to have

You need some well light outdoor photos. Smile and make yourself look fun and inviting.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review