Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Why is pof so quiet?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tennistown
Msg: 4
Why is pof so quiet?Page 1 of 1    
Gecko,
Did you know you could save 15% on your car insurance, in just 15 minutes?
Affiliating yourself to the Gecko lizard may have been a stroke of luck.
I wonder if those non-stop commercials run outside the USA?

Interests: Eating out

You dog you. Your profile read so bread and butter, then you toss out the "eating out" zinger.
As a point of clarification, is your interest in, going out to eat, or snacking on the squirrel ?
 ScooterSB
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Why is pof so quiet?
Posted: 5/5/2014 11:23:40 AM
There is SO MUCH negativity in this profile!

"Not really sure what to say"
"I'm a shy"
"if me having kids is a problem then you're best off moving on."
"I don't smoke or drink"
"I'm not nerdy, geeky"
"No one's perfect"
"I don't expect to meet the perfect woman"
"I'm no looker"

Why on earth would anyone want to date this guy ^^^^^

He is shy, thinks he's ugly, doesn't think he can find the perfect woman and uses he kids to stop people getting close to him. Most of all he has no confidence in himself.

Take out anything negative and replace it with something positive.
for example you could change
'I don't smoke or drink' to 'I enjoy a clean healthy lifestyle'

Two things women find attractive are confidence and passion. Try and use words like 'excitement' 'adventure' 'romance' and most of all 'passion'
 Indira46
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Why is pof so quiet?
Posted: 5/5/2014 1:17:45 PM
Everything about this is terrible.

Your photos should be taken outdoors by someone else.

Your profession of "just ask" sounds like you're lazy or unemployed.

Headline is awful. Quit inventing words.

Delete every single smiley face. You are not 12.

Remove "you" from your Interests Section.

The entire About Me section needs to be forever deleted and rewritten.
 psytle
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Why is pof so quiet?
Posted: 5/5/2014 2:00:26 PM
OP, it is a bad idea to be vague about job title/career like this profile is. Most women read that as though the author is ashamed of where they work, or even worse, that the author is unemployed.

I fully admit that I see women with vague profiles. I don't know how they do on here, but men can't get away with that.

I'm assuming you're being vague to stimulate conversational questions. That's fine and dandy, but no one is going to make wild guesses. If you wish to stimulate questions about your current occupation, just give the field you are in, like "Medical" or "Geological research". These tend to work much better than the weak "Just Ask".

Also, it helps to have pictures that illustrate the hobbies and interests listed in the profile. For example, if gardening really is a hobby/interest, then it shouldn't be difficult to get a picture of your face next to some of your gardening accomplishments, right?
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 10
Why is pof so quiet?
Posted: 5/5/2014 3:51:23 PM

Why is pof so quiet?

Fish can't talk.

Except in the movies and on tv.

Far to many shallow women in the UK who don't bother to look at your profile or reply they simply just ignore you

That is not just restricted to the UK. It's an international problem.
 Indira46
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Why is pof so quiet?
Posted: 5/5/2014 3:54:00 PM
In this case, I believe the problem is that the women WERE reading his profile. Delete and start over.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Why is pof so quiet?