Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ScooterSB
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Profile Review!Page 1 of 1    
posting a link to a different dating site is probably the quickest way of getting your profile banned. Lose it!

Have a bit more variety in your pics, they are pretty same-y

Maybe a nice smile?
 9Pluto
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Profile Review!
Posted: 5/6/2014 8:39:22 AM

Yo I'm Danny and welcome to my slapstick, over written and poorly worded profile!

and

My word... I think I need to figure out a better way of starting these sentences, people may think I'm self centered when I'm using a lot of I's and I'ms and whatever else.

"Yo, I'm Danny. Welcome! Grab a hat and cane and join me for some lighthearted fun and absurdity."

and it seems as if the I's have it!

"I'm supposed to criticize and ummmm OMG I need to be critical and what's with that, all these I's are making me dizzy. Can't believe I'm doing this, me? critical??? who'da guessed, okay so now you know I can't think of another word for moi!"

Danny, profile has a good feel. The dumb thing I wrote about moi only reflects my peeve with how often I see good authors that have a need to shine a light on their lack of the basic writing skill to find alternatives to the pronoun "I". It always makes me think there is some issue behind that in real life.

Apologizing by narrating about your writing skills might have been funny for reptiles chasing stegasaurid hips B.C., but a billion dating profiles later it just seems so worn out to me, unless you want to present yourself as not owning up to your abilities and for some reason self-conscious about the pronoun "I". The space is what you make of it and I see that as a very bad foot to put forward before the ball gets rolling.

My two pennies' worth. The profile gives a good vibe. I do bet you're a natural. Cheers
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review!