Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Needs Help Quick!!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Indira46
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Profile Needs Help Quick!!!Page 1 of 1    
Delete the last 2 photos. Main photo is too dark and far away.

Your About Me section starts off sooooo boring, I wouldn't even read past the 2nd sentence.
 tennistown
Msg: 5
Profile Needs Help Quick!!!
Posted: 5/6/2014 4:32:54 PM

I have been on POF for over a week and have not received a single reply

Usually it takes about ten days before the avalanche of POF mail comes flooding in, big time!
So get your fingers limbered up to start some heavy duty corresponding!
While we wait for that to occur.... There are a few things you can adjust on your profile.

Looking for someone that does not mind being active in youth athletics and being around children. Having spent a lot of time volunteering with that over the past few years and I would like to find someone that would enjoy those activities

^^^^^^^^ Are there lots of single and available ladies your age hanging out at these events? No?
Then by making that statement, you just eliminated a big chunk of your target audience.
Perhaps they already did their "tour of duty" with the kids, and want some adult time without the kiddletts.

I think you should remove this sentence, and not make that a requirement. You can still be "Coach," on your own time.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/6/2014 4:42:22 PM
I have to break this down into manageable segments "I have been on POF for over a week and have not received a single reply to my numerous requests to different ladies in my area." Over a week....OMG...now seriously do a thread search for no reply or some other iteration.......MOST emails aren't replied to. You either have to accept that and soldier on or find another venue where you are guaranteed and IMMEDIATE response. (I can't think of any....but it you find one, I'm sure others would be interested.)

"I am 45 and beginning to think that I am just too old to be out there looking. I am successful, nice house, stable, etc, etc. I went into this thinking that this would not be a problem but now it is becoming much more than a problem."

Whew, where to start. First off, you're doomed by your own mindset. It could be that you're just new to this or any number of other reasons. I will give you some other advice than profile help, because I don't think that's what you need. BTW, I didn't even look at your profile........the people who have "success" however one defines that and enjoys being here are patient and adjust their expectations to be more realistic. That's your first hurdle. Unless you're willing to invest time and actually go through the other forums, basically it's up to each person to figure out how to make this work for them. Many aren't willing to and delete their profiles and usually end up back here again with the same frustrations but not willing to actually give it a realistic chance AND in the meantime enjoy the experience and possibly meet some people with NO expectations. If you can't do that, I can tell you, you'd be much better off seeking out another venue.

Oh....an afterthought..........be very CAREFUL about the paid sites, and their delusional ads!! I won't mention any names...but (cough) those that want you to let someone pick out someone compatible for you....you'll have the same result as on here, just be lighter IN YOUR WALLET.....seriously.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/6/2014 6:00:03 PM
I can further tell you this, the way your OP was written reeks of desperation. Quick....help me! Guarantee that will make women run out of good shoes. (If it were a race, I'd be in the lead)

If things don't happen when or how you expect them to....that's the time to take a breather and do some critical thinking. The thing is, myself or anyone else can tell you WHAT to do but not HOW. I know the HOW is what you want, but that's what you have to figure out, and as much as, as sincerely as I would LOVE to help everyone and anyone with that magic advice and be invited to the wedding (I'd cry...of course!) and hold your babies as they're born (cry MO
RE when they call me Grandma...or GanGans....I'm mush) I'd love to be able to do that if I could.

I give advice straightforward and with a sincere desire to help...I just can't do it FOR you or anyone else. Including my own awesome children.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/6/2014 7:45:46 PM

I am 45 and beginning to think that I am just too old to be out there looking.

Actually, as far as statistics go, you are entering a supposedly prime phase where men and women start to even out in numbers, supposedly increasing your odds.
Of course the raw number statistics don't mention anything about quality.

I didn't think that I was that unattractive, but maybe I am but just not sure.

I don't see any resemblance to Quasimodo.

I am successful, nice house, stable, etc, etc.

That was very appealing 50 years ago. Unfortunately, it's not enough anymore.

Best of luck.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Needs Help Quick!!!