Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > messaging system is user hostile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 badzee28
Msg: 1
messaging system is user hostilePage 1 of 1    
Now, before telling me to "read the FAQs and do a forum search", I already have, and I have come to the conclusion that the messaging system here is broken. As someone in the IT field myself, this is horrible, and it is an issue that needs to be addressed. I've noticed how the system works, and if you just happen to use similar phrases or words from other messages, it will block you.

I have had to butcher well written messages to get them to go through. This isn't a case of profanity or sexual innuendo, these are perfectly clean and reasonable messages. I've already sent message where, upon changing one word, ie the word "anyway" to "either way" and had them work. This tells me the entire system is broken. At the very least, if the message isn't sent we should be told why so we can at least fix the issue. The current system is horrible and really needs to be addressed rather than using the heavy handed approach that this site's creator seems bent on using.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 2
messaging system is user hostile
Posted: 5/8/2014 3:44:00 PM
I've noticed how the system works, and if you just happen to use similar phrases or words from other messages, it will block you.

It's suppose to do that. Check out the post linked here...

Messages Not Being Sent
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts9226871.aspx#9233270

At the very least, if the message isn't sent we should be told why so we can at least fix the issue.

There are good reasons why we will never be told.

While it's true the message filtering is more strict today than it was in the past, most words are allowed and the vast majority of users are not complaining.

Also, it's best to add comments on this topic to an existing thread if you want your comments to be preserved.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > messaging system is user hostile