Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please review my profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Zeke1987
Msg: 1
Please review my profilePage 1 of 1    
I'm in need of a profile review. I'm not sure, but I must be doing something wrong. I have spent time trying to create a good profile, without it being too long. I've tried to cover all the basic and have more than one photo. I've tried this website and others before but never get any responses or interest haha. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 2
Please review my profile
Posted: 5/20/2014 12:16:10 AM
Hi Zeke,
I think you're 90% of the way there with the photos. The main has good lighting and is in focus, everything is perfect except the smile is AWOL! The peak ones are very similar, part 2 is better IMO. The last 2 look a bit forced but the folded arms one is nice apart from the folded arms (a defensive posture). You have a great smile and the "looking away" angle has certain psychological advantages... would make a great main if not for the folded arms. So overall the pics are a lot better than most we see, but could still be better... and more (there's basically 3).

The geek personality type will not do you any favours.

Many of your interests are not interests at all but just filler.

In your first paragraph, all you need to add is you're looking for your partner in crime and you would have covered every single profile cliche! Yeah - she's probably read 20 profiles like this just this morning.

Oh look in the 3rd paragraph partner in crime, I didn't even see that before I wrote the above......... LOL.

Yeah, pretty much everything you've written is very unoriginal as far as dating site profiles go. I know this kind of profile seems intuitively like the sensible thing to do, in fact my first one was just like it too. But really if you can write something original then you'll do a lot better.

Get rid of ALL your mail filters, they don't help you in the slightest.
 Zeke1987
Msg: 3
Please review my profile
Posted: 6/16/2014 7:36:45 PM
Cool, well I guess I'm a cliche haha! I've changed a few things. Added some new pictures. Let me have it again I guess!

Thanks, Mr. Expert!
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 4
Please review my profile
Posted: 6/16/2014 11:44:05 PM
I would use #7 as the main image, and maybe change your body type to thin.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Please review my profile
Posted: 6/17/2014 12:45:26 AM
I have a slight issue with this section:

I would describe myself as a down to earth guy who is laid back, independent, a little geeky (who isn't?). I'm genuine, have a sharp wit and say what's on my mind. I enjoy a good laugh and connect best with people who have a good sense of humor.

The issue is you just described about 99% of men on this site.
Down to earth
Independent
Laid Back
A bit geeky
Good sense of humour.

While these may all be true for you, they are true for many other guys too. Women will likely look at lots of profiles in a row and the issue is by they time they get to yours they have read the same thing a dozen times already.

So start with what makes you unique, how do you stand out from the crowd? Why should a girl date you over the millions of other guys on this site. Grab the readers attention with that kind of stuff and you'll do fine :)
 VirtuousDonkey
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Please review my profile
Posted: 6/17/2014 6:54:16 AM
I don't think it's all that bad, maybe a little bit generic though. Your big story is the cool job but somehow your description makes it seem as boring as arctic toll booth operator.

But I am certainly no expert
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please review my profile