Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > about time for some honest suggestions!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JavaIVdrip4me
Msg: 1
about time for some honest suggestions!Page 1 of 1    
Have spent a good part of today reading over the guides and looking at various profiles.. Seem to struggle in the past getting a lot of response to emails so maybe with some of todays work and some honest opinions from you guys we can spiffy things up a bit!! I have pretty much re-written most of my profile and changed some of the basic info following some previous suggestions..so anywho, here we go!!
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 2
about time for some honest suggestions!
Posted: 6/3/2014 1:49:02 PM
Watch out for slumpy posture (#2, #4) in your photos, blurred shots like #5, and dark exposures(#6). Some can be fixed with software. if not you should replace them with better quality.
Main pic is pretty good, keep that as your baseline, don't lower your visual appeal with weak images.
 JavaIVdrip4me
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/3/2014 1:54:54 PM
Thank you! Pictures have always been tough for me, I just don't get my picture taken that much. I will work on that in the following days. Maybe I should just take out the slumpy posture ones for now tho.
 tennistown
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/3/2014 6:40:34 PM

Two things.....

1. The interests are designed to turn blue, if your doing it right. Then, they are searchable.

Interests
Master of the 5 min steak dinner

You are pretty quick in the steak dinner department.
Seems like a good conversation starter anyway.
5 minutes. Really?
(I let my steak rest for five minutes after cooking it!)

About Me
........I'm not here to just serial date or have one night stands.

I believe you.

But, know this....
When you say stuff like that, it could plant a seed of doubt. That's not good.
I recommend not bringing it up.

.......I'm not here to just siphon a couple gallons of gasoline from your car, late at night.
Since I do not intend on doing this thing, I don't write about it in my profile. Check it and see.
 RedrockJen
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/3/2014 7:06:12 PM
Hi, wish I knew your name; so does she.

Some nice pics. They show you to be handsome and fit. Love the background in your main pic. That lake looks gorgeous. That will either drawn water lovers in or distract them or both. Like you too but wish your face was more forward than back--shows a little double chin there. No big deal though.

The last pic is really blurry; wouldn't use it.

Text is well written. Though it reads more like you are looking for friends (contacts) than a romantic relationship. You seem restless. Eager for the next chance to pack your bags and go. I think you will attract women interested in dating but scare away a few looking for something long term.

"Congratulations if you got through all of that! I look forward to hearing from you!!"

Your intention might be self-deprecation but is sounds condescending instead.

A couple of typos:

preachers kid
^^^
preacher's kid

ORANGE!!.
^^^
ORANGE!

How about coffee.
^^^
How about coffee?

Good luck.
 JavaIVdrip4me
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/3/2014 7:09:53 PM
ouija and tennistown, thank you! I actually agree with the username, I should have thought of that.. it really has nothing to do with 'claws', just a spin on my initials but I shouldn't expect anyone else to get that (at least before they know me).

5 min steak.. at least 5 min resting yes.. and usually a few mins prep time.. but if its all ready to go (steak marinated or seasoned, veggies, ready to put on the stove), and the stove is hot..its about 5 minutes.

On interests, there does seem to be a debate on lists vrs no lists? I'm not really sure which way to go but I think I liked sticking with a short list (that turns blue).

Really great suggestions on the narrative; I will address those issues.. passion.. work on that I will!

Thanks again!
 JavaIVdrip4me
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/3/2014 9:18:59 PM
RedrockJen, you must have posted just before I sent my last reply and I guess we can not edit posts. So apologies for the double post :/

Took much heed to your suggestions! Thank you for being thorough, and for the kind words :)

Did a major rewrite, just hope it's not too cheesy!

it's time to do some exploring and resuscitate my love life.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/4/2014 1:43:51 AM
Fib means lie around here, not good for a username - maybe it's regional to the UK?
Preacher's kid, why not go Dusty... son of a preacher man?
Not sure about the love life line, might be better to say social life, less sexual implications.
I liked the rest (esp first date!), but maybe add a paragraph on the kind of woman you're looking for.
 RedrockJen
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/4/2014 10:38:40 AM
Much better Chancy. :)

I'd include a paragraph about her. What are you looking for?

Love the first date idea.
 JavaIVdrip4me
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/4/2014 10:45:53 AM
haha.. yeah, 'you tell a fib?' Can mean the same thing on this side of the pond. Although probably used more in the south? "Ya'll aren't fib'n are ya?" haha idk, good point tho. As for my use of it, rotor (helicopter), fib - short for fibrillation; I was a flight medic for several years.

Some minor changes, hopefully not as corny.. still thinking about adding a few things. I don't want it too long. Great song btw. Preachers Kid, or PK definitely has a stigma attached to it, which probably applied in my younger years. Military brat, Officers brat, and PK - I was like a triple mixture of trouble lol

Thanks again!!
 RedrockJen
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/4/2014 10:50:33 AM
I like the new Java name. Works well with your headline.

Lots of male coffee lovers on this site. I'm thinking I should change my first date to: meet for coffee. :p
 Indira46
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2014 12:07:49 PM
I like your profile.
Add a short paragraph describing the type of woman you are seeking using personality traits. Use words that have an opposite meaning that isn't negative.
 dichoTommy
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2014 1:12:54 PM

I don't want it too long.

TWSS, or maybe TNWSS...

Long profiles aren't bad, they're just tricky to use properly.

You must entertain throughout and keep your best foot forward. The further in she gets, the less important some things get, but you must keep it like lovemaking. Lots of foreplay, paying attention to several erogenous zones. Develop and keep a rhythm. Interrupt it a few times and re-establish, and then finish big. And commence with the pillow talk ;)

Worst analogy I've ever committed to words (or best, perhaps) but definitely doable.

Get the right rhythm, and you'll attract the right woman.

My profile is most assuredly not for every woman, but it definitely resonates with the right ones.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/4/2014 10:08:18 PM
I like it.
You have a lot to offer.
If we were closer in age and geography I would certainly make contact with you.

Considering this medium is so visual have a range of photos, especially closeups showing your face with a smile and rotate them around.

You have enough showing that you are fit, handsome and have a job that saves lives.
Pretty heady stuff.

Perhaps a photo of you reading a book?

A suggestion to meet ladies in real life would be to join book clubs.
An over supply of women there.

Write a little about your favourite books and why.

A thought... take your upgraded user logo OFF.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > about time for some honest suggestions!