Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Can someone look at my profile?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Can someone look at my profile?Page 1 of 1    
You have the face for a bald guy.It looks good on you.I would scrap the whole chemo thing.You don't need it in your profile.I forget the number but your demographic is swamped with guys.17:1 men to women I think.Split that blob of words up into 3 nice paragraghs. It makes it easier to read.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 3
Can someone look at my profile?
Posted: 6/4/2014 10:56:52 PM
Mike - Did you know that a "pyro" is a firebug? As in pyromaniac?
You don't need to explain that you had cancer, and you shouldn't expect that you are not like other guys. How do you know that? Get rid of that negativity. it doesn't help you, or anybody else.
You do need to list your profession.
 PDAapproved
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/4/2014 11:13:19 PM
You're in a very competitive age group, plus you will be told that some will think your height is an issue, so you need to put up the best profile you can.

Here goes:
- The user name ... are you a pyro or do you just like the term. I wouldn't message you just because of the username.
- Your headline needs to be changed. It sounds desperate/pleading. I wouldn't message someone with that headline. I don't even message people with the words 'looking' or 'searching' in their name/profile.
- Why the secrecy about your profession? You don't have to list an exact business, but put something. The way it stands it looks like you have something to hide.
- Your pictures are good (except the eyeball is kind of creepy). You are very nice looking - even with no hair.
- Just an observation - you say you want kids, but after chemo/radiation/cancer, can you have kids?

Your about me section needs work:

- It sounds desperate again (others have an easy time finding someone, but I don't).
- It sounds negative (I don't want something that won't work out).
- I know the cancer is a part of who you are now, but it would be best to give yourself a bit of an advantage and leave it out of the profile. You can let girls know about it after you get to know them.
- As for you being bald, don't even mention it in this section - you already have pics showing it - if they ask, you can tell them what you want. A lot of guys shave their heads, so it's not all that uncommon to be bald.
- You say "call me cliche. I don't care." - this is negative again. Always make your profile sound positive.

Put in something that tells something about who you are looking for.
Break up the text into paragraphs so it's easier to read.
You say you are funny ... you might want to show some of that.
Tell a little more about you - music likes, etc.

The first date section .... NO. A date they will never forget with a stranger off the internet ... does it involve duct tape and a black plastic bag? Please do yourself a favor and change this part.

I know that being a cancer survivor changes your outlook on life to something a bit deeper than most, but hang in there - you'll find someone :-)
 RedrockJen
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/4/2014 11:28:05 PM
^^^ Excellent.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/4/2014 11:35:59 PM
I agree.
You have a lovely looking head.
All of it.
I would like a couple of photos showing your smile.

Now for your profile.
Please remove all negativity and build up the positivity.

Profession - Tell us rather than not.
First date - make a few suggestions.

I sometimes look up at the night sky, just thinking "wow". I suddenly feel so small in this massive universe we live in.
^^^^ Beautiful. Keep

It makes me think that maybe it is so difficult to find that special someone because this world is so big. Maybe people are just lucky enough to find that one person without much difficultly but maybe I was given the opportunity to have the difficult path. Maybe I need to prove that, not just to myself, that I am more than you're regular average joe.
^^^^ Remove

I'm a genuinely hopeless romantic guy with nice eyes looking for a nice girl. I am interested in something that would at least turn into a relationship.
^^^^ Lovely - keep. Perhaps change to ... looking for a nice girl like you.

I'm not looking for something that isn't going to work out, you know?.
^^^ Delete

I want that girl.
^^ Change to .. I want you to be my girl.
Or are you my girl

I am a 2nd generation American with 100% Romanian roots, I'm a Leo,
^^^ OK keep

and I'm a Cancer Survivor. You may wonder why I'm bald at such a young age, it's because the chemo and radiation killed my hair follicles when I had brain cancer at 13 years old. I'm not like most guys.
^^^^^ Remove

I'm sensitive. I'm smart. I'm funny... when I want to be.
^^^ Good and expand. Give us some examples

I'm not looking for some kind of hookup.
^^^^ Remove

I like cuddling up by a fire and long walks on the beach. Call me a cliché (perhaps add in old fashioned style gentleman)
I don't care. ( remove the I don't care and remove thought that's what being a hopeless romantic is)

Perhaps add in ... I am full of clichés like opening doors, pulling seats and bringing you flowers.

^^^ Cute and cliché - but I like it. Just a few tweaks.

Good luck.
You will make a wonderful woman very happy.

p.s. Pyro in your name is not good -
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/5/2014 4:33:27 AM
Message 4 said everything I thought of as well.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Can someone look at my profile?