Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Peer Review Much Needed      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DCutestBookWorm2
Msg: 1
Peer Review Much NeededPage 1 of 1    
Hello Everyone!
I would like to ask a favor and have a peer review of my profile.
I've have had a few guys ask for my number so far and want to meet for a date.
I just want to know if there is anything else I can do to polish myself or anything else that could be added to improve.
Thank you so much!
 RedrockJen
Msg: 2
Peer Review Much Needed
Posted: 6/5/2014 4:28:11 PM
Hi. Welcome.

First off, I would include you name.

I like your main. Cute. Then I clicked open your profile and saw your last pic. Hot! I'd use that as your main. Try to crop it somewhat into a head and shoulders shot and see how it looks.

Car: yes or no? Do say.

A couple issues with the text:

"If you don't like looking at art or have an appreciation for art then it might not be the best fit for a relationship."
^^^
Very negative. Remove. If he can't appreciate you and your art, you will soon find out and deal with it accordingly. Don't look for problems where there aren't any.

"It would be nice to have a positive voice or someone cheering me on as I am working."

That is what they have interns for. He has his own work to do and can't be standing behind you all day with the pom poms. Maybe say, "...someone who is supportive of my career; and I will be likewise."
^^^
"I need someone that can keep up with me and treat me well.I believe that I deserve a gentleman that will treat me like the lady I am."

Never say need on a dating profile. Desire or wish is better. But, what follows is not good either. Keep up with you? Sounds like you want a jogging partner. We all deserve to be treated well. It is a given. No need to state this.

Now say what he is like. Not what he can do for you. Or how his life will fit into yours.

"Ice Breaker Questions ( leave your answers in my inbox)
1.) Most embarrassing moment?
2.) Favorite artist or fashion designer? ( if you have one)
3.) Craziest thing you did to get a girl's attention?"
^^^
Remove this. It is not a job interview. Don't give screening tests. This right here could be the number one reason you are not getting messages. Why should he bother? You sound controlling, demanding, and too serious.

Add some more playful imagery into your text. When do you let your hair down? You work and read and draw and like to be photographed. All work and no play... . Show him you can be fun and fun to be with. Nothing suggests you engage in activities designed for two. Do you dance? Go to the movies? Go to concerts?

Fill out the first date section.

Good luck.
 DCutestBookWorm2
Msg: 3
Peer Review Much Needed
Posted: 6/5/2014 4:49:41 PM
Okay thank you!
I just deleted the questions section & will work on the rest of it.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 4
Peer Review Much Needed
Posted: 6/5/2014 5:18:05 PM
Good user name & headline.
Pics are a mixed bag, I don't really see a great main photo. #3 should go away, it doesn't belong on your dating profile. The current main has interesting light, but it's on your hand, if that light was on your face it might be spectacular, but as is I would crop out the right side and keep it but not as a main. We all tend to scan profile pics rather quickly, and if we don't see something instantly recognizable as a pretty woman, we click on to the next. Take more photos, with the intent of producing a strong image that showcases your beauty AND looks good as a thumbnail.
You have a good figure and you're tall, those are good too. Use average as a body type.
 DCutestBookWorm2
Msg: 5
Peer Review Much Needed
Posted: 6/5/2014 5:37:16 PM
Thank you that was really good advice. And I took #3 down & added average body type. Over the weekend I will go do some better pictures
 RedrockJen
Msg: 6
Peer Review Much Needed
Posted: 6/5/2014 6:36:34 PM
^^^ Yeah, the pic I suggested you using as your main does not really work as a thumbnail.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Peer Review Much Needed