Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > new to POF need a profile review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 30SecCourage
Msg: 1
new to POF need a profile reviewPage 1 of 1    
Hello have not been on long, reading my profile over and over to see the bad points....

I am looking for Friends, chat, casual date, with possibility of something more if I find the right match. Does my profile convey this?

I have message a few profiles testing the water, but no responses. The message is usually just a hello...we have this in common, or that pics looks interesting; where was that...or hey take a look at my profile...

Not comfortable with online and very new to this whole thing.

finally in an attempt to allow for possibilities, here in a small city, I put a age range to might be to broad (29 to 43) is that too much?

thanks

Paul
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 2
new to POF need a profile review
Posted: 6/5/2014 7:04:40 PM
The scratched out faces are very distracting. You know what's a better way to protect the privacy of your friends and family? Take solo pictures. If you don't have enough photos, take new ones.

And delete that custard picture. You, meaning your face not your food, has to be in every picture.

If your long term goal is a date, but you don't mind gaining a friend along the way, update that field to dating. Discuss your goal, not your consolation prize.

Rewrite your interests so they are all blue and thus searchable.

Delete the age range all together. If someone messages you who is undesirable, you can reject them in whatever way you choose. If your inbox suddenly becomes overwhelmed, bring back the age filter. Plus, POF has a built in age filter so you won't be getting messages from anyone who is a wildly different age.

Read the forums for tips about what to say in a first message. Instructing her to look at your profile (or do anything else, like message you) is generally a bad move.
 9Pluto
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2014 7:15:19 PM

...so please do not let the nasty smelly habit hinder us

Out out out!

Your pics, how come the Tasmanian Devil is in three of them? Taz steals the show. I already forgot what you look like!

put a age range to might be to broad (29 to 43) is that too much?
*sigh* here we go again. No, it is too narrow, remove the restriction entirely.

Read through some of the recent profile comment threads to get ideas. You can also check ou the thread pinned on top of the forum, but seeing the interactions and responses of people IMO is more useful. Then take another stab at the profile.

...winter I hibernate.
remove.

friz-bee
Frisbee

get rid of the u for you and "chance meeting" nonsense explanation, and put some muscle in your profile by writing in actual pretty small paragraphs instead of drum rolls, suspension points and lists ...

Can't get a fix on what you want, you say basically someone to hang out with not seriously, but mention romantic dinners. Is it just a friend, a friend with benefits to chill with LOL, or do you actually want a relationship? Get the profile to reflect the answers to this ;-) Good Luck
 Ainen
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/5/2014 7:41:09 PM
Fix the thumbnail square for your dressed up photo, the tall and narrow photo. Put the thumbnail square at the very top so it shows your face.
 RedrockJen
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/5/2014 7:44:05 PM
Hi Paul.

Before you do anything, remove all the pics with the scratched out faces. It looks so low rent. Get new pics of you solo. Or get their permission to show their faces.

I really like the pic of you making crepes.

"I recently fell off the non-smoking plan, working on my 2 week slip...so please do not let the nasty smelly habit hinder us."
^^^
Delete. Quit or be a smoker. It already says you smoke occasionally at the top.

You don't say what you are looking for.

Break up interests into separate searchable links. These are tags that help her find you.

Lot's of typos. Headline: let's

Get rid of all mail restrictions. Unless your mailbox is overflowing, you can screen in your inbox.

Try to write more in a paragraph--narrative--format instead of a bunch of sentences that read like tweets.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > new to POF need a profile review