Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Hoping for comments and feedback      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 9Pluto
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Hoping for comments and feedbackPage 1 of 1    

some feedback on what other members (particularly ladies) think of what I say.

I lived inside a woman's body for 9 months so I think I can take this one girls, LOL.

OP, your first date section is horrendous:

We could decide together. Or either one of us could choose if we had a strong preference for something in particular.

However, not a big affeciando of the coffee meet and greet. I feel that if we get to this point, we should both be confident enough to be willing to invest a bit more time and effort into the meeting.

Also, it sounds like a woman wrote your profile. If women really think so differently as evidenced by your request that you particularly seek women's opinions, why would you plagiarize a profile from one and not write as the man you are? I suggest adding a disclaimer: I copied this from some woman's profile who wouldn't respond to me, but I never told her.

My warning to you with not writing your own original material and suffering through the profile development process is that you simply are chasing the fantasy of who you would like to be rather than utilizing it as a learning process so you can get a handle on your presentation. Also, you picked a lousy profile to lift. It is too phony sounding. Your main pic is scary. I can see all your nose hair and buggers in the left nostril. Never use up-nose pics (an accidental pun). There's no kind way to say it. Read the profile writing tips and tell us about what you seek as well. Get rid of that rubbish in the first date section and put something reasonable. If a word sounds too long, use "fan" instead of aficionado , but not affeciando ... Best luck in your search.
 tennistown
Msg: 4
Hoping for comments and feedback
Posted: 6/5/2014 11:01:25 PM

Now I'd like appreciate some feedback on what other members (particularly ladies) think of what I say.

I'm no lady.
But, I will tell you what I think about your profile.

Oct. 08 - but the only picture I could find that shows my eyes...

A six year old picture, is really not current enough. Especially for the "Main."

Plus, I can't really tell what color your eyes are?
Red?

And as pointed out earlier, the up the nose shots are rarely flattering.
It takes quite the proboscis to pull that angle off, and make it look good.
 PDAapproved
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/6/2014 1:58:37 AM
I think you need to rewrite the whole thing. The wording sounds exactly like it would come from a woman - it's way too feminine. If you see something you like on someone else's profile, then reword it to fit YOU - not them. BTW: guys don't get 'dolled up' - they 'clean up nicely' or get 'dressed nicely' - only women get 'dolled up'.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/6/2014 2:03:55 AM
You should bump your old thread rather than starting a new one.
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16159021.aspx
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Hoping for comments and feedback