Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review/help      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 2
Profile Review/helpPage 1 of 1    
Hi Jonathan - Online dating starts with handsome photos, compare the look of #5 to your current main. Unfortunately there is a big glare of light on #5, if you can fix that then that would be your best photo. If not then you need to shoot new pictures. There is no way around that, we all need good photos that will attract women.
"I am sure most of you will skip straight past this but for those of you read on I will tell you a little about me,"
Delete this attempt at shooting yourself in the foot.
Now I want you to triple your text with charming, humorous stories of kids that you have taught, and after you have added those I will comment again.
 tennistown
Msg: 4
Profile Review/help
Posted: 6/6/2014 4:17:02 PM

I am always the one sending out the messages and then I get no replies.

I see a couple of things on your profile, I will comment on just one. Your headline.

Jonathon1000: You can have the remote!

Don't do it!
Never give up the remote!
You have to choose your battles,
and the remote is worth fighting for.

You might as well say... "You can have the remote, and my man card too."

The remote control is like,
A sorcerers staff.
A magicians magic wand.
A conductors little white stick.
It's an extension of your manhood.

And, by you not relinquishing the remote.
It lets the ladies know,
(unwritten law,)
that you can rock their world.
I think.

Change your headline to something believable.
 Hailey_Smurff
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Profile Review/help
Posted: 6/6/2014 8:45:24 PM
As for real advice....

You missed spelled the very first word of your profile - That is not a good start.

I'm really hoping English is a second language because some sentences sound like they were written by a toddler.

There is just very little info, other than a kinda creepy few sentences about liking kids. - delete or shorten this.

The pics need much more variety than just a giant close up of your face.

You need to put much more thought into telling the reader who you are, where you are going and what you enjoy.

There is just so little in the profile, that nobody is going to bother with you.
 tennistown
Msg: 6
Profile Review/help
Posted: 6/7/2014 4:34:05 PM

ok I have made a few alterations.

Your spelling assignment has been competed, and looks correct, good job!

Now it is time to remove the burdensome mail restrictions you still have in place....

Mail Settings
To send a message to Jonathon1000 you MUST meet the following criteria:
Female
Age between 18 and 25.
Live in United Kingdom
Live within 75 miles.
Must not have messaged users looking for intimate encounters or sex.
Must not be looking for Other Relationship
Must not do drugs
Must not smoke

^^^^^^ These will only reduce your messages, remove all restrictions immediately.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review/help