Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > With a little help from my friends!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bigspence75
Msg: 1
With a little help from my friends!Page 1 of 1    
Hey, can anyone please do a profile review for me? I'd like any suggestions that I could get to make my profile better! I haven't been having as many replies as I would like to have! So if anyone can help me out, let me know please!
 RedrockJen
Msg: 2
With a little help from my friends!
Posted: 6/8/2014 9:45:19 AM
Hi Spencer.

Love your user name.

"My name is Spencer. I have an undergraduate degree from Southern Connecticut State University, where I graduated with a 3.6 degree. I played football there as well. I'm currently going for a Masters Degree in Social Work."
^^^
She already knows you have a bachelors. No need to mention GPA. Just mention you are studying for your masters in social work.

"I currently work per diem at a residential care facility with people who have mental disorders. When I'm not working per diem there, I'm working as a substitute teacher in New Haven.I recently did an awesome internship at Hamden High School."

"During this time, I'm currently pursuing my dream to be a professional wrestler as well.I'm a local pro wrestler. I've wrestled in PA, MA, OH, NY, CT. NH,NJ, and I'm going to Canada in August!"

^^^
Both are overly wordy. Diem mentioned twice. Wresting mentioned three times. Edit.

"I don't want to waste my time. "

Negative, remove.

"Even though it's 2013, I still believe in chivalry. There's nothing wrong with pulling out a chair for a girl, holding the door open, or doing anything that I can to protect her."
^^^
Don't time stamp your profile.

"This really doesn't matter at all. If you're compatible with someone, you can have fun doing ANYTHING."

Bad. It does matter to her. She wants it to be memorable. Magical. Where are you meeting?

Better pics, as soon as possible.

Good luck.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 4
With a little help from my friends!
Posted: 6/8/2014 11:56:56 AM
Spence - Take a few moments and read some web articles on dating profile photos, and compare their suggestions with the pictures you have posted. This is a HUGE reason women don't take you seriously.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > With a little help from my friends!