Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review needed for 23 year old male.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 2
Profile review needed for 23 year old male.Page 1 of 1    
You're hiding your body in every photo. In the last photo, you're literally hiding behind another person. Add some photos that show you head to toe.

Evasion in the profession field can raise concerns about unemployment. Actually, you answer the question of employment in your text, so you actually do have a job. Why bury it in the text?

Car is yes or no.

Interests are generic. "Many others" is a throw away interest.

I, I, I, I... do any of your sentences start with a different word?
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 3
Profile review needed for 23 year old male.
Posted: 6/11/2014 1:53:10 PM
^ Second everything PZ said.

Decent main pic, but the others aren't good. You need better lighting, more interesting surroundings, less other people and more attractive facial expressions.

You love to write. You've been given a big blank box to write in. Yet you wrote something that is so generic and similar to a million other guys out there??
Saying you're not fussy is not good. "I'll take anything" basically.
Sci-fi generally doesn't attract chicks, there are exceptions of course... just sayin. You might want to use better bait.
It's a bit all over the place. "I like X, I like Y".
What happened to that creative writer you told us you were??

First date, be specific and confident. Not fussed = lazy.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/11/2014 2:11:51 PM
You are a university student?
My suggestion will be the same as I give to ALL people your age...

Use your time at university to meet women in REAL LIFE in classrooms, at the student center, the campus cafeteria, at parties, concerts, and at the student gymnasium. You are in the wonderful time of your life that virtually ALL of the people you meet will be unmarried and typically available for dating. Online dating should be a distant supplement at your age. If you do wish to ultimately make any changes...focus upon your photographs.

Have a friend take two dozen well-lit, OUTDOOR, crisp photographs using a high-quality digital camera...which is preferred over a fuzzy cellphone. This is primarily due to better ergonomics and superior capability of a camera to process available light. Include a variety of backgrounds, activities, and various articles of clothing to add greater interest. Upload the best images of the bunch. Ensure you continue to date and caption each...to make them more entertaining to read. Good luck with your romantic search. :-)
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/11/2014 2:31:08 PM
Fair enough with the distinction...here in the United States the terms university/college are essentially interchangeable.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/15/2014 10:28:53 AM
"Any other tips now?"
Yes, You need some photos away from pubs. Get out in the sunshine and snap some handsome images.
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/15/2014 12:59:56 PM
Update car field to "no".
 VirtuousDonkey
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2014 7:43:16 AM
Hey Matt, I think your big story is all of your diverse interests. The long point-form format feels like a resume. Maybe a colourful story about your perfect weekend after a dedicated week of studies would better suit a "writer".
 tennistown
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/17/2014 8:04:18 AM

Any other tips now?

Yes, change your "Headline."

MattTheHat23: This place is demoralizing as hell...

Starting off on the wrong foot, on a dating website, is not going to let you kiss the girl.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review needed for 23 year old male.