Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Need a little help here!?!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jacob.Addis729
Msg: 1
Need a little help here!?!Page 1 of 1    
I don't understand. I'm new to the whole world of online dating so maybe im missing something. Although in up on my computer technology and social media, maybe the digital dating world is different. Ive messaged a ton of girls over the last three months and I've had one reply (that didn't go anywhere by my choosing). Every time I send a message (well constructed, mentioning things from her profile and always ending in a question) the girl view's my profile and doesn't reply. I thought I was a good catch. Im a real person with a lot of things going for me. It seems I have WAY better luck in person so that tells me its something with my profile or first message. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!
 ScooterSB
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Need a little help here!?!
Posted: 6/17/2014 2:33:39 PM
You have a professionally shot photo in your profile which makes you look great. But you then choose to have your main picture as one where we can't see your face. What logic is this?

Firstly your profile is pretty brief. It starts reading like a job application, then a vague description of what you are looking for. Break it up and add more detail, I'd say for you 3 paragraphs.

1) Your band. It sounds amazing, traveling and playing on big stages. Give a great story of your experience in the bad. Why is music such a big passion.

2) Your job. You teach at community college, how/why did you decide to get into this work. How/why do you find it rewarding.

3) Dating. What kind of person are you looking for? What is it like to date you? Why should a girl date you over everyone else on this site? Why excites you about starting a new relationship.

Add these things and i think you'll do just fine
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/17/2014 3:25:13 PM
To me, it doesn't make much sense to hide your profile, if you're looking for dates.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/17/2014 5:25:23 PM
Hi Jacob
You look like a young handsome Sting
Some of the photos - love the Main, but there are a few not so flattering ( one of you with vampire eyes) Women are as visual as Men - POF leads with photos before text - so you can be erudite but it is the photos capture atttention
You wrote about what you like, but you didn't write as if you are approaching a woman you find intereting in RT
You want to make her be happy to get a msg, I also fear you are prolly sending too long a first msg
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/17/2014 7:49:01 PM
Jacob - A photo on a dating profile can be 95% wonderful but the 5% ruins it, and let's not forget - women ARE picky! Your #2 photo adds nothing to your profile, I say delete it. #3 is way better, keep that one. #4 has that reflective eye thing, needs captions too.You can delete it, fix the image with software, then repost it. #5 has a woman, who is that?
" I thought I was a good catch. Im a real person with a lot of things going for me."
You probably ARE a good catch, but you can't prove it with a mediocre profile. The photos and text need to augment each other to catch a woman's interest and create a positive feeling so that she will want to learn more about you through messaging. This is the best that online dating can provide, and if you build a strong profile you will get more attention, that's how it works.
 Jacob.Addis729
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/18/2014 6:43:47 AM
WOW! Thanks for all the positive feedback! It's nice to see people take time out of their day to answer back! I will work on my profile and try to make all the changes for the good. Some of these things I didn't know or think of! Thanks all!
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/18/2014 9:44:34 AM
You are welcome, and it's true, when starting out we simply don't see every piece of a profile as important, but it is. Every word, every image should build towards your goal, which is to create positive interest in yourself.
Take all the time you need, you can tweak and modify as often as you see fit.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Need a little help here!?!